ADVERTISEMENT

Farewell Rondale

Although he will be missed are receiver position I'm not worried about Tons of Talent there .

You'll never convince me he couldn't of come back last year. Was buying time for the NFL, Covid made it easier for him.

That f'ing sucks...first a season ending injury and now COVID. This is the Purdue curse. It feels exactly like when Hummel got hurt prior to the season...
I’m getting used to it. I am a Dayton Flyers Season Ticket holder and we were in a very likely position to be in the national championship game, probably the only time it will happen in my lifetime. The Covid screwed us over. And now “this”

Reactions: purduepat1969
Listen, I’m a lifelong Boiler. I loved watching Rondale Moore play. He had some great plays offensively for us. He would have had some more great plays this year. A few years ago I loved my trip to Nashville for the Music City Bowl. I thought he looked average there. Auburn’s speed on the defensive side of the ball completely neutralized him. He will be a serviceable special teams guy with some special plays as a slot receiver. I will watch and enjoy. I will be proud that he is a Boilermaker. But, his departure does not really change our record this year. We are still a 6-4/5-5/4-6 team. I guess, maybe he could be the difference between 4-6 and 6-4, but who really cares? This is a good decision for him, sucks for the fans, but doesn’t really change much in the grand scheme of things. Other dudes will step up, our defense will be more fun to watch, we will hope for a basketball season, we will enjoy the new “scoreboard” (even from our tv screens), and life still goes on. It’s a game. Let’s not worry about the what if’s and enjoy the moments we get to witness.

Last edited:
Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
RM is a great talent and he may go on to soar to great heights in the NFL. But I disagree with many posted opinions thus far. To me, it highlights all that is wrong with college sports when players abandon their team by opting out of the season to prepare for the NFL draft (some other event).

Give me hard nosed play for the fun of it kids of yesteryear. As for this virus, grow a pair and go play some football. You are among the healthiest age group and athletic to boot. You stand a greater chance of dying by car accident.

I hate to see him leave. Wish him the best. He was the special "IT" that gave us an edge in the games which he played. Good Luck!

I wish him well. It was kind of predictable after the Minn WR and others announced they were opting out. I have no doubt others will follow.

he was one of the best receivers Purdue ever had . he had two great attributes that few receivers possess. if the ball was thrown anywhere near him, he would catch it, especially in clutch situations. Secondly, unlike many Wrs, he was not afraid to take a hit and his elusive ability enabled him to gain alot of yards after the catch.

as was pointed out, we still have many quality receivers. But none that were the game changer Rondale was. We will survive, but Rondale would have put us over the top. he was a difference maker.

as for the season, Rutgers is reporting huge numbers of positive players. a midwestern FCS team is about to announce 20 of its players are positive. i would hate for college football to follow MLB's path. College players cannot be expected to play in a bubble. they will interact and socialize. so if a team loses 5-15 players, will games be postponed or canceled? or will 3rd and 4th stringers be asked to play?

I'll close by saying I'm a lifetime Packers fan and I hope the Packers' GM wises up and drafts a guy like Rondale with our first round pick. He is the type of receiver the Packers need.

Not what I wanted to read this morning, but not surprised either. I actually still think there won't even be a season this year.

Good luck Rondale.

Although he will be missed are receiver position I'm not worried about Tons of Talent there .

We will have a ton of talent at WR, that's true, but will we have a QB who can get them the ball and a OL who can pass block?
Our OL has got to be improved from last year and provide somewhat of a running game threat so our WRs can do there thing.
Moore is going to be missed, not only from what he could do with the ball in his hands but the attention he drew from the defense that allows other players to have more room to operate.
He was a huge reason Knox busted those 2 40+ yard TD runs against OSU 2 years ago. The LBs and DBs were so concerned with what Rondale was doing that they opened up lanes for Knox to waltz through.

This just sucks.....

Reactions: PaBoiler78
We will have a ton of talent at WR, that's true, but will we have a QB who can get them the ball and a OL who can pass block?
Our OL has got to be improved from last year and provide somewhat of a running game threat so our WRs can do there thing.
Moore is going to be missed, not only from what he could do with the ball in his hands but the attention he drew from the defense that allows other players to have more room to operate.
He was a huge reason Knox busted those 2 40+ yard TD runs against OSU 2 years ago. The LBs and DBs were so concerned with what Rondale was doing that they opened up lanes for Knox to waltz through.

This just sucks.....
just from my selfish standpoint, I was expecting to see 2 full years of him

Jordan-Carver-Yoga-18.jpg

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
Hate this for you all as fans, truly, for what he meant for your team.

I hate it for the rest of us as football fans in general because he is such a special talent at the NCAA level that we're not going to be able to more than 1 season +4 games of because of a flukey injury & a global pandemic. Especially because success in the NFL is never guaranteed and who knows how that will pan out for him. But everyone who watched him knew how special he is in college.

My brother lives near Trinity in Louisville and watched him a couple of times in HS and said RM was the most electric HS athlete he'd ever seen. Didn't disappoint when he made it to the B1G.

Reactions: Purdue85
Hate this for you all as fans, truly, for what he meant for your team.

I hate it for the rest of us as football fans in general because he is such a special talent at the NCAA level that we're not going to be able to more than 1 season +4 games of because of a flukey injury & a global pandemic. Especially because success in the NFL is never guaranteed and who knows how that will pan out for him. But everyone who watched him knew how special he is in college.

My brother lives near Trinity in Louisville and watched him a couple of times in HS and said RM was the most electric HS athlete he'd ever seen. Didn't disappoint when he made it to the B1G.
The big disappointment is he opted out for this year. Grrrrrrrrrr!

That f'ing sucks...first a season ending injury and now COVID. This is the Purdue curse. It feels exactly like when Hummel got hurt prior to the season...
150.000+ dead Americans and counting is bad, but the real tragedy is Rondale Moore opting out.

So if the football season gets moved to the spring of 2021, does Rondale change his mind? Or is he done regardless?

150.000+ dead Americans and counting is bad, but the real tragedy is Rondale Moore opting out.

2,813,503 Americans died last year from:
  • Cancer: 599,108
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
  • Diabetes: 83,564
  • Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173
80,000 Americans died last year from the regular old flu, which will have never found a vaccine for.

71,000 died from drug overdoses.

Covid-19 isn't the plague...it's a new virus that we are close to minimizing the effects from.

David Bell was asked twice in a row if he communicated with Rondale and knew of Rondale’s plans before his announcement, David Bell seemed to respond that yes he did.

See 1:33-1:43. Assuming Brohm knew, he has a pretty good poker face in his August 5th interview. Definitely not the first time he could have said more but didn’t. Think Lorenzo Neal last year, etc.

If we end up with no football, I guess we can say farewell to Neal also. Even if they have Spring football, he would be getting ready for the NFL draft too. He wouldn't risk an injury that close to the draft, especially when teams could possibly be playing in snow that time of the year in Big Ten country.

80,000 Americans died last year from the regular old flu, which will have never found a vaccine for.

Covid-19 isn't the plague...it's a new virus that we are close to minimizing the effects from.

You list last years deaths from influenza and pneumonia combined at 55,672.

You then go in to say "regular old flu" deaths were 80,000.

Which number is it?

Your statement about not having a flu vaccine in false. In fact, at least 2 new flu vaccines are developed every year to keep up with mutations.

You list last years deaths from influenza and pneumonia combined at 55,672.

You then go in to say "regular old flu" deaths were 80,000.

Which number is it?

Your statement about not having a flu vaccine in false. In fact, at least 2 new flu vaccines are developed every year to keep up with mutations.
2018 and 2019 numbers...should have checked a little better. The point stands.

Reactions: Inspector100

When you find the part my post where I called COVID-19 the plague, please get back to me.

Highest since Rod Woodson going at #7 (going completely off the top of my head).

2011 - Ryan Kerrigan (DE) #16 Washington
2008 - Dustin Keller (TE) #30 Jets
2007 - Anthony Spencer (DE) #26 Cowboys
1987 - Rod Woodson (S) #10 Steelers
1986 - Jim Everett (QB) #3 Titans
1976 - Mike Pruitt (RB) #7 Browns
1976 - Ken Novak (DT) #20 Colts
1975 - Larry Burton (WR) #7 Saints

Had to go back to 1975 for a receiver in the first round.

I was pretty close (self pat on the back)

Everett was not drafted by the Titans, but by the Houston Oilers, a franchise which would eventually become the Tennessee Titans.

By the way, one our very own on these forums was instrumental in that move from Houston to Nashville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT