ADVERTISEMENT

Farewell Rondale

That f'ing sucks...first a season ending injury and now COVID. This is the Purdue curse. It feels exactly like when Hummel got hurt prior to the season...

Last edited:
Have they said what they would do with eligibility of the kids when teams have to cancel their schedule? It’s inevitably going to happen, there will be an outbreak.

Do guys who “opt out” still have a scholarship. And use Purdue facilities. Where will rondale train for the nfl??

I am in shock. Brohm just said yesterday that Moore was 1,000% ready to go and he was the ultimate team player. What happened in 24 hours??

I hope Maliq is ready to be the 3rd consecutive Freshman of the Year. I guess our Moore this year will have to be Marcellus Moore.

Rondale is a generational type player and will be missed. I've never witnessed someone quite like RM at the WR position, with the combination of speed, power, and the instintive ability to spin out of tackles or would be tackles, ala a video game.

Will follow him closely in the NFL.

Now if there is a position in which we are stacked to the gills, its WR. I don't think this is the crushing blow some may believe. Anderson and Sheffield should be very productive out of the slot. And oh yeah, we do have another Moore on the roster.

Rondale is a generational type player and will be missed. I've never witnessed someone quite like RM at the WR position, with the combination of speed, power, and the instintive ability to spin out of tackles or would be tackles, ala a video game.

Will follow him closely in the NFL.

Now if there is a position in which we are stacked to the gills, its WR. I don't think this is the crushing blow some may believe. Anderson and Sheffield should be very productive out of the slot. And oh yeah, we do have another Moore on the roster.
I think it’s the fact that we only got 17 games of his unique ability. I also don’t think this will be the last we’re going to hear of the players opting out.

Reactions: purduepat1969
From day 1 of committing at the All-American game and giving Purdue some national attention, to his play, to this decision, Rondale has been 100% professional and mature in every single aspect. A RARE player that even with 1 full season at Purdue will be an all-timer in the books and in our memories. The circumstances suck and we seem to always get punched in the gut, but the world is officially different and we'll still be cheering on the gold and black!

Rondale’s freshman season is the main reason Purdue is saddled with Brohm’s huge contract.

Honestly, good for him. He's an amazing player and a great young man. I'm a fan and will follow him into the NFL.

Frankly, I think we will be lucky to have a season at all.

I agree. Too many players opting out. I just don't see it happening.

Glad we got to see him in Black & Gold, and Rondale is the type of kid I personally like to support - represented Purdue well both on and off of the field will leave with his degree. Hope he realizes his dreams, and looking forward to seeing who takes his place. I know that there are a lot of options chomping at the bit. Anthrop may not be nearly the dynamic playmaker but he's stuck it out and will certainly contribute.

Reactions: Purdue85
Had some time to digest this and take a step back from the ledge. First of all, Purdue fans and his team will miss Rondale. He was a special combination of talent and hard work, and frankly we might not see another one like him for a long, long time. Nothing I am about to say is intended to diminish that.

With that said, here are some facts:
(1) Drew Brees was the best player of the Tiller era. But Tiller reached 9 wins twice without Drew.
(2) Weird stat of the day. Jeff Brohm record at Purdue with Rondale Moore: 7-10. Record without Moore: 10-11.
(3) Our highest rated recruiting classes in quite some time will be hitting the field the next few years. We will see depth and talent all over the field.

It takes a lot more than one special player, no matter how special, to win football games.
Eventually, this season or next, Purdue was going to have to move on to life after #4, and it will move on with more than enough talent at the WR position to win games. Improvement in the defense will make or break this team, not the loss of one player on offense.

Last edited:
Rondale Moore...college football's version of Hallley's Comet.

Thanks for everything, Rondale. Your work ethic, talent, and dedication will never be forgotten.

Reactions: NVboiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT