ADVERTISEMENT

Either Jeff is lying to his current players, recruits, and the media or

?? You think he's going to get a 45% increase??

Maybe.

But, again, with the money.

Can you articulate ANYTHING in this man's past that he's in this for an additional dollar?

I am sure his agent is well aware of Purdue's increase in attendance since his hire. It appears, Brohm has attracted 120K additional fans to the games this year, compared to 2016, which also had 7 home games. That is 3.6 million in revenue for the university. if each ticket is only 30.00 bucks This comes down to how much you value him as an employee. A simple 1.5 million dollar raise would make the right statement. We want to be a big boy

Serious question . . . is there ANY reason OTHER than he's a UofL grad from the area, ANY reasons that he would WANT to take the job??

Any?

Numerous Purdue posters have listed the overwhelming reasons for him to stay at Purdue (still doesn't mean anything, he'll do what he does), but is there anything that would take him to UofL? ANYTHING?

The athletic program has been a dumpster fire, the university's finances are in a MASSIVE hole, there's likely been unbelievable mis-management (maybe worse) with the UofL foundation, . . . . what possible reasons could you offer he would WANT to go?

Honored Jerseys

Honored Jerseys
77 Bruce Armstrong - A four-year letterwinner for the Cardinals from 1983-86... became one of the most dominating and intimidating offensive lineman in the history of the school... began his career at U of L as a tight end, Armstrong recorded 33 receptions in his fi rst two seasons at U of L... moved to offensive tackle where he anchored the Cardinals line for the next two seasons... did not allow a sack over his fi nal 18 games as a collegian... appeared in the 1986 Senior Bowl and was named U of L's most outstanding lineman following his senior season... was drafted with the 23rd pick of the first round by the New England Patriots in 1987 to begin an association that continued for 15 seasons.

11 Jeff Brohm - Another in a long line of great Cardinal quarterbacks... played for the Cardinals from 1990-93... threw for 5,451 yards and 38 touchdowns in his career, which still stands in the top 10 all-time... named the MVP of the 1993 Liberty Bowl... threw for a career-high 2,626 yards and 20 touchdowns as a senior in 1993... voted the team MVP in 1992 and 1993... played seven years in the National Football League... started his career with San Diego in 1994... also played for NFL teams in Tampa Bay, Cleveland and Denver.

Honored Jerseys

Honored Jerseys
77 Bruce Armstrong - A four-year letterwinner for the Cardinals from 1983-86... became one of the most dominating and intimidating offensive lineman in the history of the school... began his career at U of L as a tight end, Armstrong recorded 33 receptions in his fi rst two seasons at U of L... moved to offensive tackle where he anchored the Cardinals line for the next two seasons... did not allow a sack over his fi nal 18 games as a collegian... appeared in the 1986 Senior Bowl and was named U of L's most outstanding lineman following his senior season... was drafted with the 23rd pick of the first round by the New England Patriots in 1987 to begin an association that continued for 15 seasons.

11 Jeff Brohm - Another in a long line of great Cardinal quarterbacks... played for the Cardinals from 1990-93... threw for 5,451 yards and 38 touchdowns in his career, which still stands in the top 10 all-time... named the MVP of the 1993 Liberty Bowl... threw for a career-high 2,626 yards and 20 touchdowns as a senior in 1993... voted the team MVP in 1992 and 1993... played seven years in the National Football League... started his career with San Diego in 1994... also played for NFL teams in Tampa Bay, Cleveland and Denver.

That still looks like a "NO."

Can some explain to me where all of this Purdue superiority over Louisville or any other school for that matter has suddenly come from. I understand Brohm has lit a spark in the program the last couple of years but prior to that what has Purdue done on a national stage to talk like some sort of destination job. In just the last 10 years Purdue has a 39-67 overall record and and 20-54 in conference play. Louisville is #28 on the list of to 30 largest cities in America with a population of just over 650,000 and is a pure college town with no pro sports team while West Lafayette boast a population of just over 48,000. If Jeff stays good for Purdue and Louisville will be just fine but this talk that Purdue is superior because the program has some sort of life now under Brohm is ridiculous.

I am sure his agent is well aware of Purdue's increase in attendance since his hire. It appears, Brohm has attracted 120K additional fans to the games this year, compared to 2016, which also had 7 home games. That is 3.6 million in revenue for the university. if each ticket is only 30.00 bucks This comes down to how much you value him as an employee. A simple 1.5 million dollar raise would make the right statement. We want to be a big boy

I don't think that addresses my question. I'm quite confident Bobinski has had multiple conversations and will continue to do so, in an effort to balance the positive financial impact with the results on the field.

I've offered nothing but logic and reason.

You and your ilk have offered the emotional reason of... he's from Louisville. Unhinged, "he gone," with no other reason to back it up.

Until you have some reason that he would be gone, you have nothing but emotion. No logic. No reason. No argument.

Will he leave? Don't know. He could.

But, all y'all have is a wish, hope.. and emotion.
Yet you continue to dodge the very simple question I've asked: Why no public denial of interest, no public statement that he wouldn't take the job if offered, no public declaration that he's not leaving Purdue?

Since you can't answer those questions and since you've shown you don't know how coaching searches work, you really don't add anything of value here.

Can some explain to me where all of this Purdue superiority over Louisville or any other school for that matter has suddenly come from. I understand Brohm has lit a spark in the program the last couple of years but prior to that what has Purdue done on a national stage to talk like some sort of destination job. In just the last 10 years Purdue has a 39-67 overall record and and 20-54 in conference play. Louisville is #28 on the list of to 30 largest cities in America with a population of just over 650,000 while West Lafayette boast a population of just over 48,000. If Jeff stays good for Purdue and Louisville will be just fine but this talk that Purdue is superior because the program has some sort of life now under Brohm is ridiculous.

Dude, where have you been. That's been addressed ad nauseum.

Yet you continue to dodge the very simple question I've asked: Why no public denial of interest, no public statement that he wouldn't take the job if offered, no public declaration that he's not leaving Purdue?

Since you can't answer those questions and since you've shown you don't know how coaching searches work, you really don't add anything of value here.

I don't know, and I don't care. But, I'll take a guess, and my guess because he doesn't owe it to you. Or me. Or anyone else. He didn't create the environment, and he doesn't owe you a response. Get over yourself.

You have YET to add anything of value. Nothing, but obsessing over a Purdue forum.

It's also duly noted, you continue to dodge MY question! Try adding some value. If you can.

I don't know, and I don't care. But, I'll take a guess, and my guess because he doesn't owe it to you. Or me. Or anyone else. He didn't create the environment, and he doesn't owe you a response. Get over yourself.

You have YET to add anything of value. Nothing, but obsessing over a Purdue forum.

It's also duly noted, you continue to dodge MY question! Try adding some value. If you can.
He won't state it publicly because he can't and still consider the UofL job that will undoubtedly be offered to him. He wants to preserve his options so he can decide whether he wants to take that job. Do you really not comprehend how these things work?

And I've answered your questions with fact based information. Your emotions just won't let you accept these truths.

You guys are in total denial mode.

Jeff denied the reports that he had ALREADY accepted the Louisville job. If he did tell the players he is staying, he would’ve also done so publicly.

Why would you assume that? He didn't publicly announce that regarding Tennessee last year.

I agree he will be making more money probably around 4.5 a year. Not a UofL or PU fan but I wonder myself going into a game that can make you bowl eligible why you haven't dismissed any rumors? If he were definitely staying at PU he would have gone public, it only make sense so his team can concentrate on the game that can make or break their season.

If he says it publicly, he loses leverage. He doesn't have to go public with any of this. Fans act like he has to when in reality, it's not even close to being the truth.

He won't state it publicly because he can't and still consider the UofL job that will undoubtedly be offered to him. He wants to preserve his options so he can decide whether he wants to take that job. Do you really not comprehend how these things work?

Good grief, brother. You can't help but condescend on the Purdue forum. You need validation. I can't give it to you. He might leave Purdue, he might not.

But to state something as idiotic as, "Do you really not comprehend how these things work?".... that's just dumb as hell.

If he says it publicly, he loses leverage. He doesn't have to go public with any of this. Fans act like he has to when in reality, it's not even close to being the truth.
So, he can tell recruits and their parents he's staying, but not his employer? That's hopelessly naive, at best.

Good grief, brother. You can't help but condescend on the Purdue forum. You need validation. I can't give it to you. He might leave Purdue, he might not.

But to state something as idiotic as, "Do you really not comprehend how these things work?".... that's just dumb as hell.
I didn't state it, I asked it. Your inability to provide an answer says it all.

Jbromance - there are plenty of reasons he would pick Louisville and if he does so be it, good luck to him. I would play it the same way he appears to be, wait for season to end and see how it plays out! Purdue appreciates everything he has done for Purdue football program to return us to the Joe Tiller days (My best Purdue football memories!), which I would be happy with! I couldn’t turn down my college if they came calling either, so I wouldn’t have ill will on him whatsoever.

No one knows anything for sure, Purdue or Louisville fans. The fact that George Karlaftis indicated a signing date when he didn’t have to and could wait for an end to the Brohm saga or as the “lies or facts” that he has told his recruits could be a strong indication of his plans.

I am not too cocky, but not suicidal like some Purdue or Louisville fans appear to be either. Good luck to you in landing Brohm at Louisville, he would be a great hire for Louisville!

I answered your question, you idiot.

You've run from my question time and time again.
You didn't provide either a thoughtful or reasoned answer. You gave wishful, unbelievable pablum. And I answered your question factually, which is why you haven't been able to form a cogent response to it.

Jbromance - there are plenty of reasons he would pick Louisville and if he does so be it, good luck to him. I would play it the same way he appears to be, wait for season to end and see how it plays out! Purdue appreciates everything he has done for Purdue football program to return us to the Joe Tiller days (My best Purdue football memories!), which I would be happy with! I couldn’t turn down my college if they came calling either, so I wouldn’t have ill will on him whatsoever.

No one knows anything for sure, Purdue or Louisville fans. The fact that George Karlaftis indicated a signing date when he didn’t have to and could wait for an end to the Brohm saga or as the “lies or facts” that he has told his recruits could be a strong indication of his plans.

I am not too cocky, but not suicidal like some Purdue or Louisville fans appear to be either. Good luck to you in landing Brohm at Louisville, he would be a great hire for Louisville!
I doubt he has a formal offer, though I would be shocked if there hasn't been some level of contact between UL and his rep. He likely told them he wouldn't consider it anything until the season ended, which is in roughly 24 hours. From there, I would think that process will move quickly, regardless of the outcome. But he holds all the cards.

Jbromance - I agree, it will move quickly, there should be a final decision by Tuesday one way or another. Good luck to Louisville! Just don’t consider it a done deal, or you could be disappointed! Purdue has fully braved itself for the worst so we are good.

Can some explain to me where all of this Purdue superiority over Louisville or any other school for that matter has suddenly come from. I understand Brohm has lit a spark in the program the last couple of years but prior to that what has Purdue done on a national stage to talk like some sort of destination job. In just the last 10 years Purdue has a 39-67 overall record and and 20-54 in conference play. Louisville is #28 on the list of to 30 largest cities in America with a population of just over 650,000 and is a pure college town with no pro sports team while West Lafayette boast a population of just over 48,000. If Jeff stays good for Purdue and Louisville will be just fine but this talk that Purdue is superior because the program has some sort of life now under Brohm is ridiculous.

I guess USC is gonna hire Brohm.

Louisville #28 largest city, LA #2
Louisville 0 national championships, USC 17.
Should I continue? I have a good friend in LA who is a huge Trojan backer (related to Pat Hayden) and the fans out here have “seen the contract”.

Last edited:
You didn't provide either a thoughtful or reasoned answer. You gave wishful, unbelievable pablum. And I answered your question factually, which is why you haven't been able to form a cogent response to it.

You're full of crap. You're here looking for validation, arguing he'll go to Louisville because ... well, just because.

Numerous posters have made the case why it's logical for him to stay.

I can't help you. He'll choose what he chooses, regardless your anxiety level, regardless how much validation you need on a Purdue forum.

Get over yourself.

It’s very simple and has been discussed in 78 different threads here. He shouldn’t publicly say anything. His agent would be livid if he did.

You guys are in total denial mode.

Jeff denied the reports that he had ALREADY accepted the Louisville job. If he did tell the players he is staying, he would’ve also done so publicly.

Why would he give up his bargaining chip? You say he isn’t about the money, but the increase will come in an increased pay for his staff. He will be adding over a million to their salaries. That is a big deal to him. Without the talk of it being a done deal do you think he would get a raise sitting at 5-6 after just getting a raise? The answer is, he wouldn’t. When he gets this raise and turns down Louisville, his recruiting will go way up. It’s brilliant really. The knock has always been he will leave. Well he has already turned down Tennessee, considered one of the better jobs, and now his alma mater. Brohm is leaving has been the biggest hinderance. This shuts that up. He told young recruits he wasn’t leaving and kept his word. If he keeps that word, he will continue to rake in top 20 classes. He can compete for a Big with that kind of talent. This ‘19 class is loaded with defense (tough to walk away from and he built it on the premise of Purdue being a family). Purdue will have the most talent it has seen since the Tiller days. He even has some potential high draft picks coming in. Why risk that by leaving? (Some May follow, but not all of them. It would be hitting the reset button again. I don’t think he is afraid of a challenge but that’s a 2 year set back at least from the real goal, the NFL).

I am about 80% sure he stays. The Big indicators to me are Wright, GK, Blough, and even though he hasn’t said anything, Moore. The 20% is only there because of his Louisville ties. If not for those ties there is zero chance he would leave for that job. Let’s not forget he said that Louisville was not his dream job and went on the Big Ten pregame show knowing he would have to deal with Louisville questions and again said they were completely false.

Brohm loves it at Purdue, there is no secret about it. He loves the community and the family and the AD and athletics are in a great place. Not to mention Tyler Trent and the high of the OSU win. Brohm is building something very special at Purdue and it isn’t finished.

Brohm has publicly said numerous times he doesn't like to address rumors and speculation and tries not to give it the time of day. So far, the U of L situation is just all rumors and speculation, so he has tried to stand by his previous stance that he won't talk about it. Now Dakitch kind of forced it and he said "All rumors were false". Though everyone tries to say that means just what Dakitch put out, but that not what he said, he didn't say "this one was false", he said "ALL rumors were false".

What ever he has said to recruits about his future at Purdue seems to have them pretty confident he will be here for years to come, and no, some of the key ones would not follow him to U of L, so it's not just matter of them waiting and following him.

I'll be so glad when this is over so I don't have to deal with another U of L fan again. They are about to surpass my hatred of IU fans and we all know how much IU sucks.

Sure. Purdue is known as the cradle of quarterbacks and den of Defensive Ends. Purdue has produced a ton of talent and Tiller had a very good run with a cheap AD and a president that didn’t want focus to be on sports. It almost killed Purdue athletics and lead to 2 bad hires (Hope wasn’t bad but he didn’t have the funds to have a chance at competing). Since that time, Purdue got a new President and AD that are all in for football including new facilities and stadium improvements (including lights for prime time games and new sound system to play Mo Bamba and get everybody lit). They also invested in and was able to sign a great young coach to turn the program around and get back to it’s former glory. Brohm was considered the best off season hire and was a big win for Purdue. Purdue has an incredible fan base and is a school that sets it’s players up for the future outside of football.

Purdue football has been in the national spotlight for all the right reasons. Tyler Trent, Rondale Moore, David Blough, and even coach Brohm and his turnaround. Louisville has been in the news for all the wrong reasons (no sense in listing them, they are very well known).

Brohm has publicly said numerous times he doesn't like to address rumors and speculation and tries not to give it the time of day. So far, the U of L situation is just all rumors and speculation, so he has tried to stand by his previous stance that he won't talk about it. Now Dakitch kind of forced it and he said "All rumors were false". Though everyone tries to say that means just what Dakitch put out, but that not what he said, he didn't say "this one was false", he said "ALL rumors were false".

What ever he has said to recruits about his future at Purdue seems to have them pretty confident he will be here for years to come, and no, some of the key ones would not follow him to U of L, so it's not just matter of them waiting and following him.

I'll be so glad when this is over so I don't have to deal with another U of L fan again. They are about to surpass my hatred of IU fans and we all know how much IU sucks.
They are flipping to UofL when he's announced

They are flipping to UofL when he's announced

Good lord you people are f'ing dense. My three year old has better comprehension skills. No wonder the school is such a dumpster fire, look at the idiots they have supporting it.

But now I know why everyone I know that works in Louisville would rather deal with the traffic and hassle of crossing the river over from Indiana, your educational system obviously sucks. Which is what they all say, no way they'd send their kids to school in Kentucky.

Good lord you people are f'ing dense. My three year old has better comprehension skills. No wonder the school is such a dumpster fire, look at the idiots they have supporting it.

But now I know why everyone I know that works in Louisville would rather deal with the traffic and hassle of crossing the river over from Indiana, your educational system obviously sucks. Which is what they all say, no way they'd send their kids to school in Kentucky.

Ah the old Indiana vs. Kentucky smack talk. I'm a native of Indiana but have lived in Louisville for over a decade.

TBH, Southern Indiana (Martinsville and points South) and Kentucky are pretty damn similar.

Huh...3 of your coaches are louisvillians and your head coach and brother went to the same high school I attended. But yeah, like I said, they'll be flipping when he's announced in the coming days. It sucks, I know bud. You guys will be back to your yearly 2 to 3 win seasons as usual.

Huh...3 of your coaches are louisvillians and your head coach and brother went to the same high school I attended. But yeah, like I said, they'll be flipping when he's announced in the coming days. It sucks, I know bud. You guys will be back to your yearly 2 to 3 win seasons as usual.

How would you process it if they told you to go take a flying @$#*...?

My guess is...not well. Not well, at all.

You might want to pull your heads out of your @sses and start facing that real possibility.

You might want to eye a return to C-USA.

Just sayin'

Again, aside from 4 bad years, 2 and 3 win seasons at Purdue aren’t very common. I know it’s hard for you to grasp.

Now it makes sense. You're more than a fan and maybe even an alum. You're a townie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT