ADVERTISEMENT

Either Jeff is lying to his current players, recruits, and the media or

Can some explain to me where all of this Purdue superiority over Louisville or any other school for that matter has suddenly come from. I understand Brohm has lit a spark in the program the last couple of years but prior to that what has Purdue done on a national stage to talk like some sort of destination job. In just the last 10 years Purdue has a 39-67 overall record and and 20-54 in conference play. Louisville is #28 on the list of to 30 largest cities in America with a population of just over 650,000 and is a pure college town with no pro sports team while West Lafayette boast a population of just over 48,000. If Jeff stays good for Purdue and Louisville will be just fine but this talk that Purdue is superior because the program has some sort of life now under Brohm is ridiculous.
I’ve never understood why UL or Purdue fans use historical records or rankings as an argument for one or the other being a “better job”. Who cares what Purdue or Louisville did in 2009? Brohm likely doesn’t care one bit what the history of a program has looked like. If I was choosing to take a new job, why would I care what their margins or stock price was 10 years ago? Doesn’t matter.

What does matter is the current state of each program and where he feels like he can best accomplish his goals. That answer is clearly Purdue.

At no time has Jeff said he is staying. He said he likes being there (hint: he’s deflecting) and other stuff like that, but if he were staying he would definitively say so.

Actually, last Saturday before the Wisconsin game Brohm was interviewed from the sidelines( which actually surprised me) but he was specifically asked about how the Purdue players and recruits were handling all the rumors. I was really surprised but Brohm’s response was that he had talked to them all and ( this is a quote so you can go listen from a replay) but he responded...” ...and they know I’m not going anywhere”. I was shocked and had the impression maybe it slipped out. Then later this week David Blough was asked about the team and recruits and Brohm and David stated all was good in the locker room and there had been a discussion between Brohm and the team that “ was meant to stay within the Family” but made everyone feel at ease. Unless Brohm is leading these players and recruits on, which would just not be what Brohm is all about I don’t see him taking off before he finishes what he’s started here at Purdue. And after all, CJB was pretty emphatic when he replied to the question that Louisville was not his dream job. Who knows how this all plays out but I don’t think it’s the slam dunk Louisville fans like to brag about.

Serious question...HAS Coach Brohm actually told anyone (YOU stated players and recruits) he IS staying? Has either players or recruits stated Coach Brohm has told them he WOULD be their coach next season? If so, do you have links to those statements? If he HAS told either players or recruits he WILL be at Purdue next season, then I (as a UofL fan) would strongly believe he will be at Purdue, not UofL, next season. I trust him to be an honest and honorable man. But if he has not done so, and you are just speculating on what he has told them based on their comments and reactions, then I believe you are simply unfairly setting Coach Brohm up to be called a liar if he does decide to come to Louisville...and that would be a shame for Coach Brohm. From what I've read, Coach Brohm has been judiciously non-committal in his comments. To my knowledge, he has neither said he IS staying at Purdue, NOR that he is NOT going to Louisville. In other words, I don't THINK he has said anything that will make him a "liar" if he chooses to come to Louisville. FTR, I have zero sources, zero inside info, and don't have a clue as to what he will do, nor have I even predicted what I think he will do. He is wisely not making any leading comments as to his intentions, other than carrying on as the current Purdue coach, as he should. TIA for the links.

I suggest you go listen to the quick on field interview he did before the Wisconsin game... I’m not sure he meant to say what he did when asked about the team, recruits, and the Louisville “rumors”. I believe that game was covered by BTN.

A few things.

One, what their 'fans' think is irrelevant. From day one they've been crowing ("he gone") without any reasons or evidence. (Oh... other than, he's a UofL grad.)

Two, let's stop with the "to get more $" angle. He's never, ever, indicated he's in this for an additional dollar.

Three, all indications are, there is nothing going on between Brohm and UofL. (Or, his agent, other than maybe picking up the phone when it rang.)

A week ago (or so), I saw it posted on this forum about what great publicity this is for the program. And, it is. Recruits (2020, and beyond) are watching. Brohm is a hot commodity right now. As long as he continues to build this program, he's going to be mentioned as other programs can their coaches.
Uncertainty and perceived instability in the coaching staff does not lead to better recruiting. It’s beyond silly to think that it does or would.

Reactions: DannyGranger
Dude, there's nothing but trash-talking crap coming from you @sses.

Talk about needing to brace yourselves, you're going to need massive meds if he says "no," or if your "school" is so d@mn broke you can't/won't afford him.

Outside of the dump you call West Lafayette, it is publicly unanimous that Jeff Brohm will be the head coach at Louisville next year.

You can fight it, complain about it, spin it all you want. It’s happening.

Uncertainty and perceived instability in the coaching staff does not lead to better recruiting. It’s beyond silly to think that it does or would.

That's funny. Because Brohm literally made a statement saying he saw an uptick in recruiting because of it. So should I believe Brohm or Dick?

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Ah the old Indiana vs. Kentucky smack talk. I'm a native of Indiana but have lived in Louisville for over a decade.

TBH, Southern Indiana (Martinsville and points South) and Kentucky are pretty damn similar.
You're right. Both are notable for sleeping with their siblings and cousins in the trailer while the family vehicle collection rusts away on the "lawn".

You didn't provide either a thoughtful or reasoned answer. You gave wishful, unbelievable pablum. And I answered your question factually, which is why you haven't been able to form a cogent response to it.

Are you two just copying and pasting the same response to each other. Give it a ****ing rest already.

Ah the old Indiana vs. Kentucky smack talk. I'm a native of Indiana but have lived in Louisville for over a decade.

TBH, Southern Indiana (Martinsville and points South) and Kentucky are pretty damn similar.

Very true. Average IQ drops drastically south of Indy. The UL fans seem very similar to the iu fans. Sad

Outside of the dump you call West Lafayette, it is publicly unanimous that Jeff Brohm will be the head coach at Louisville next year.

I can't tell if ur serious or not. But I'll give u creativity. Never would have thought about putting publicly and unanimously together like that.

Sorry that WL isn't to your liking. Not all universities can be in a state's largest city. Marian, Butler, etc. have to compete with pro sports that you have none.

That's funny. Because Brohm literally made a statement saying he saw an uptick in recruiting because of it. So should I believe Brohm or Dick?
You’re missing the point. He made that statement after the fact, after the UT job was either turned down or, not offered - depending on whose version you are going with - not during. I’d bet that recruits like Rondale wouldn’t have thought that he’d be considering another job just a year later because if they had, I doubt they’d be at Purdue now.

You're going to be devastated if it doesn't happen. What a clown.

Go live your life. Stop obsessing over Purdue fans, West Lafayette, our coach. You turned UofL into a dumpster fire, you've tried to do the same to this forum in recent days.

Everywhere you go, everything you touch...

You cannot fathom that he could using this to his advantage at Purdue. You live in a bubble.

What a genius.
Take off your black and gold tinted glasses for just a second and and answer objectively which approach would be a more powerful recruiting tool with prospective players.

1. Entertaining job offers annually and being publicly non-committal about your intentions.

2. Publicly stating your appreciation for being considered for another P5 position but, stating categorically that you are not a candidate because you have no interest in leaving where you are because it’s where you want to be.

This has nothing to do with Purdue vs UofL, and everything to do with common sense. Anyone who would say the first option is the better one, is either beyond stupid or, wholly intellectually dishonest.

Just a little FYI for history anemic visitors, Brohm was visiting with recruits when the entire UT thing was going on last year. He never actually was in Knoxville and talked to them besides maybe being polite enough to take a phone call. There was never any serious thought on his side of going there.

But I'm sure as always, you guys will rewrite the history to twist in your favor somehow. You guys are really good at ignoring facts and coming up with your own drunken rendition.

Take off your black and gold tinted glasses for just a second and and answer objectively which approach would be a more powerful recruiting tool with prospective players.

1. Entertaining job offers annually and being publicly non-committal about your intentions.

2. Publicly stating your appreciation for being considered for another P5 position but, stating categorically that you are not a candidate because you have no interest in leaving where you are because it’s where you want to be.

This has nothing to do with Purdue vs UofL, and everything to do with common sense. Anyone who would say the first option is the better one, is either beyond stupid or, wholly intellectually dishonest.
So far you've not offered any common sense. All you have is a plea to emotion. Show us the link of him signing a contract or scheduling a presser to announce. Show us the commentary of the inside scoop. He's already quashed Dakich. Show us the recruits jumping ship. Switching a verbal commit. We've shown commits having confidence he's staying.....show one saying he's leaving. We'll wait.

Reactions: Purdue85
Just a little FYI for history anemic visitors, Brohm was visiting with recruits when the entire UT thing was going on last year. He never actually was in Knoxville and talked to them besides maybe being polite enough to take a phone call. There was never any serious thought on his side of going there.

But I'm sure as always, you guys will rewrite the history to twist in your favor somehow. You guys are really good at ignoring facts and coming up with your own drunken rendition.
From an interview with the CJ - May, 2018.

Asked how close he came to actually becoming the Tennessee coach, Brohm replied, “I don’t want to get into details on it. Like I said, where there’s smoke there’s fire.“

I guess Brohm was drunk when he said that.

So far you've not offered any common sense. All you have is a plea to emotion. Show us the link of him signing a contract or scheduling a presser to announce. Show us the commentary of the inside scoop. He's already quashed Dakich. Show us the recruits jumping ship. Switching a verbal commit. We've shown commits having confidence he's staying.....show one saying he's leaving. We'll wait.
The post that you responded to was strictly common sense - no plea to emotion about it. As I said, it has nothing to do with Purdue vs UofL - it’s recruiting 101. For obvious reasons, you are unwilling or unable to acknowledge those simple facts. I get it - it’s a slippery slope for you.

From an interview with the CJ - May, 2018.

Asked how close he came to actually becoming the Tennessee coach, Brohm replied, “I don’t want to get into details on it. Like I said, where there’s smoke there’s fire.“

I guess Brohm was drunk when he said that.
Also from that story: “Believe it or not, after that day, our recruiting went this way,” said Brohm, pointing up. “There were people now talking to us that didn’t talk to us before. I hate to say it, but in my opinion, it made — in recruits’ eyes — our coaching staff and our program and what we’re doing something more desirable than it was before. It actually boosted our recruiting after that in a positive way.” Like I said, when it’s all said and done, this is, in my opinion, the best spot for me.”
Do you see how these storylines created a bump in recruiting talent? Do you see how he likely thinks this can create a bigger bump? This is called logic, not some plea to emotion. This is a smart man using a trump card.

Reactions: millerman2005
Contrary to what and I think, Jeff has said the publicity around job offers accelerated his recruiting during the period of offers from Tennessee. It seem any publicity is good publicity. I think he has been straight forward with specific recruits. He has told them he isn’t going anywhere.

I think you guys are going to eat a lot of crow, pretty soon.

Contrary to what and I think, Jeff has said the publicity around job offers accelerated his recruiting during the period of offers from Tennessee. It seem any publicity is good publicity. I think he has been straight forward with specific recruits. He has told them he isn’t going anywhere.

I think you guys are going to eat a lot of crow, pretty soon.

"I'm going to a program with a great coach that is so successful, that he's desirable to other programs". Does anyone think that doesn't mean his program is up and coming? I'd say that UofL is the unstable program. If that's the card they want to play. LOL

Also from that story: “Believe it or not, after that day, our recruiting went this way,” said Brohm, pointing up. “There were people now talking to us that didn’t talk to us before. I hate to say it, but in my opinion, it made — in recruits’ eyes — our coaching staff and our program and what we’re doing something more desirable than it was before. It actually boosted our recruiting after that in a positive way.” Like I said, when it’s all said and done, this is, in my opinion, the best spot for me.”
Do you see how these storylines created a bump in recruiting talent? Do you see how he likely thinks this can create a bigger bump? This is called logic, not some plea to emotion. This is a smart man using a trump card.
I do see that and have zero problem admitting so. That said, the apparent belief espoused by many Purdue fans that JB had discussions with UT last year, and UofL this year, primarily as a way to improve recruiting is at best - incredibly naive. It also isn’t supported by what Brohm has said.

I do see that and have zero problem admitting so. That said, the apparent belief espoused by many Purdue fans that JB had discussions with UT last year, and UofL this year, primarily as a way to improve recruiting is at best - incredibly naive. It also isn’t supported by what Brohm has said.
Nobody said it was a "primary" way to improve recruiting. This upcoming class is great without the saga.....before this whole thing started. So, please I get the plea to emotion, but don't misrepresent my position. It shows how weak yours is when you do that. So, from this point on, why don't you be honest......just fold your arms and say you want CJB and that's all it should take.

Nobody said it was a "primary" way to improve recruiting. This upcoming class is great without the saga.....before this whole thing started. So, please I get the plea to emotion, but don't misrepresent my position. It shows how weak yours is when you do that. So, from this point on, why don't you be honest......just fold your arms and say you want CJB and that's all it should take.
Unless you are the self appointed spokesperson for Purdue fans everywhere - I haven’t said one word about “your” position. To suggest that I have shows a weakness on reading comprehension on your part.

And if you’ve been paying attention, plenty Purdue fans have insinuated that very notion. Also, the notion that Brohm hasn’t taken himself out of consideration for the UofL job - not because he’s interested in the job - but simply as a means of leverage. Both positions are contradicted by statements by Brohm.

Arm folding aside, I’ve been very clear that I think UofL is a better job for Brohm - not sure how you missed that either.

Unless you are the self appointed spokesperson for Purdue fans everywhere - I haven’t said one word about “your” position. To suggest that I have shows a weakness on reading comprehension on your part.

And if you’ve been paying attention, plenty Purdue fans have insinuated that very notion. Also, the notion that Brohm hasn’t taken himself out of consideration for the UofL job - not because he’s interested in the job - but simply as a means of leverage. Both positions are contradicted by statements by Brohm.

Arm folding aside, I’ve been very clear that I think UofL is a better job for Brohm - not sure how you missed that either.

What? Are you kidding me? We don't need a spokesperson. And, you've done nothing but rant on about all of the Purdue fans position we on this board. The only reason you even know about it is because you're a troll on this forum. CJB, as I've said ad nauseum, didn't take himself out of the Tenn job either and it improved recruiting talent. I'm sorry you can't grasp this. I get it, you don't want to be humble, but you're just not that great. I think a lot of this is born out of frustration. Frankly, your program sucks ass. I'd be ticked off too...but, sorry, I would never feel the need to run to another board and toss a huge temper tantrum and show my ass like you guys have. I hope you dropped some bread crumbs along the way so you can find your way back. Or, since you're starting to grow roots here, you can flip the script and become a Boiler fan. We're a forgiving crowd and likely would accept you as long as you wipe your nose, change your diaper and stop knocking all the pieces off the table.

Jeff has said the publicity around job offers accelerated his recruiting during the period of offers from Tennessee.

that definitely worked using UT, because they are a big time Sec program.

for it to work for UL too, that would suggest their program is also seen to be on a high pedestal. kind of contrary to many arguments against louisvlle.

Last edited:
What? Are you kidding me? We don't need a spokesperson. And, you've done nothing but rant on about all of the Purdue fans position we on this board. The only reason you even know about it is because you're a troll on this forum. CJB, as I've said ad nauseum, didn't take himself out of the Tenn job either and it improved recruiting talent. I'm sorry you can't grasp this. I get it, you don't want to be humble, but you're just not that great. I think a lot of this is born out of frustration. Frankly, your program sucks ass. I'd be ticked off too...but, sorry, I would never feel the need to run to another board and toss a huge temper tantrum and show my ass like you guys have. I hope you dropped some bread crumbs along the way so you can find your way back. Or, since you're starting to grow roots here, you can flip the script and become a Boiler fan. We're a forgiving crowd and likely would accept you as long as you wipe your nose, change your diaper and stop knocking all the pieces off the table.
Your anger is really affecting your reading comprehension skills. Or maybe you’re just not that smart. Either way - have a great day!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT