ADVERTISEMENT

Edwards lighting it up again

11pts with less than 3 to go in the 2nd. I don't believe he started this game. 4/5 shooting. Per sources he's in contract talks. Wonder If his agent tells him to wait after Summer League is over. Value appears to be going up every game.
They just said on the broadcast that he is in contract talks with the Celtics.

Reactions: NG.q15
tumblr_n4a5lsTzKH1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Reactions: BoilerGal74
Glad Carsen looks good. Vince can’t even get minutes in summer league. Ugh

Mathias shooting looks great. Can’t believe a bench spot wouldn’t be available. I could see him in a Corver type of role.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I'm assuming Stevens had some phone conversations with Painter about CE prior to the draft.
Weren't they friends at one point? I thought so but could be wrong but I would be surprised if your statement wasn't correct.

That aside, Carsen has looked fantastic so far.

A question: Why the rush to sign him now? Isn't he obligated to sign with Boston?

If he declined an offer from Boston, what would be his options?
Teams have until around the middle of this month to offer a rookie tender to their draft picks. If Boston does this and it meets the minimum set forth in the bargaining agreement, Carsen would have to sign it or he could head to Europe or some other league. If they do not offer this Tender by the deadline, Carsen becomes a free agent. Teams also get two roster spots for "Two Way Conrtracts" that allow players to bounce around between the main team and the G league. A two way contract offer does not bind the player to the team that drafted him until he signs it.

Teams have until around the middle of this month to offer a rookie tender to their draft picks. If Boston does this and it meets the minimum set forth in the bargaining agreement, Carsen would have to sign it or he could head to Europe or some other league. If they do not offer this Tender by the deadline, Carsen becomes a free agent. Teams also get two roster spots for "Two Way Conrtracts" that allow players to bounce around between the main team and the G league. A two way contract offer does not bind the player to the team that drafted him until he signs it.

My understanding from watching the last game was that the Celtics already offered both of their 2-way contracts to Tremont Waters and Max Strus (from Depaul). That means they can only offer Carsen a contract with Celtics or let him become a free agent and release their rights to him as mentioned (not going to happen). Excited to see him continue excel, be humble and work hard. Couldn't ask for a better coach to play for than Stevens (who is good friends with Painter - as referenced from many of the articles on Shrewsberry).

My understanding from watching the last game was that the Celtics already offered both of their 2-way contracts to Tremont Waters and Max Strus (from Depaul). That means they can only offer Carsen a contract with Celtics or let him become a free agent and release their rights to him as mentioned (not going to happen). Excited to see him continue excel, be humble and work hard. Couldn't ask for a better coach to play for than Stevens (who is good friends with Painter - as referenced from many of the articles on Shrewsberry).
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27163706/celtics-waive-former-1st-round-pick-yabusele
Is this needed to make space for Carsen? Article mentions it can be possibly making space for Tacko. I've watched Tacko in person, just can't see him being As effective as Carsen (biased of course). People fall in love with his obscene height and shot altering, but I think the NBA game will be too fast for him. Tacko is Kind of a novelty, but I sense that Stevens really wants to hold on to Carsen.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27163706/celtics-waive-former-1st-round-pick-yabusele
Is this needed to make space for Carsen? Article mentions it can be possibly making space for Tacko. I've watched Tacko in person, just can't see him being As effective as Carsen (biased of course). People fall in love with his obscene height and shot altering, but I think the NBA game will be too fast for him. Tacko is Kind of a novelty, but I sense that Stevens really wants to hold on to Carsen.

From what I found, I believe the answer is yes. Also, ESPN got it wrong according to a Celtic's writer for the Boston Globe. He was reporting this morning that the roster move was not for Tacko. He suggested that it is Carsen Edwards and Tremont Waters who will most likely benefit from further roster changes.

Side note, it irks me that ESPN said Tacko "has been the star of the summer league for the Celtics." One of the fan favorites?- Sure... but not the star.

Here's the link that I was referencing:

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/20...-more-change-before-opening-night-report.html

From what I found, I believe the answer is yes. Also, ESPN got it wrong according to a Celtic's writer for the Boston Globe. He was reporting this morning that the roster move was not for Tacko. He suggested that it is Carsen Edwards and Tremont Waters who will most likely benefit from further roster changes.

Side note, it irks me that ESPN said Tacko "has been the star of the summer league for the Celtics." One of the fan favorites?- Sure... but not the star.

Here's the link that I was referencing:

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/20...-more-change-before-opening-night-report.html

Can't teach size... haha... just thought id say it.

At the end of the day, he does have pretty good athleticism for somebody who is that massive, which normally isn't the case. Tacko is not a superstar by any means but the kid can play a little and would be an interesting flyer to take on a roster.

I also think on Carsen, he'll have an easier time than he is in the Summer League scoring on a night in and night out basis once the regular season rolls around. He's facing less athletic guys but guys who are hungrier and giving it their all to make a roster. Lots of high effort. I can't see an NBA regular getting jazzed up to guard Carsen for 20 minutes and staying in his shirt like the D he has seen the past 3 years.

Can't teach size... haha... just thought id say it.

At the end of the day, he does have pretty good athleticism for somebody who is that massive, which normally isn't the case. Tacko is not a superstar by any means but the kid can play a little and would be an interesting flyer to take on a roster.

I also think on Carsen, he'll have an easier time than he is in the Summer League scoring on a night in and night out basis once the regular season rolls around. He's facing less athletic guys but guys who are hungrier and giving it their all to make a roster. Lots of high effort. I can't see an NBA regular getting jazzed up to guard Carsen for 20 minutes and staying in his shirt like the D he has seen the past 3 years.
The times Ive seen Taco play Ive always thought wow if that guy could jump, or run fast he would be unstoppbale. I really havent seen much athleticism about him, and maybe cause thats cause hes 7ft6 but still. Ive also never seen him shoot farther than 3 feet. Low usage rate for someone who should overpoweringly dominant in college

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT