ADVERTISEMENT

Dumb call

Kick the freaking ball- play defense. Multiplied by an even dumber decision & play by Anthrop that fired them up -

It's only considered "dumb" because it didn't work.

Brohm addressed it quite well in the postgame presser.

If it had worked, he would have been hailed a hero. Joe Tiller v MSU type hero.

It didn't, so he gets called "dumb".

or ex-special team's coach Levine calling fake punts w/ Schopper throwing a pass for a first down.

Kick the freaking ball- play defense. Multiplied by an even dumber decision & play by Anthrop that fired them up -
I agree.Brohm made a bad call,90% of onside kicks fail and the opponent gets good field position.3 minutes were left.

I agree.Brohm made a bad call,90% of onside kicks fail and the opponent gets good field position.3 minutes were left.

They recover the kick the game is essentially over. So you reduce your chances to win to under 10% with an on-side kick in that situation. You kick deep with every subsequent play you have some chance, stop them and make them punt, fumble, interception, etc.

Big difference, if Tiller has us kick deep MSU could run out the clock with the victory formation. Not the case yesterday with 2:51 to play and three time outs.

The 15 yard penalty was the issue. If not, the defense could’ve forced a long FGA. If he kicks deep and they run the clock out, then these same people would say kicking it deep was dumb.

Reactions: mille736
The 15 yard penalty was the issue. If not, the defense could’ve forced a long FGA. If he kicks deep and they run the clock out, then these same people would say kicking it deep was dumb.

Didn't you just argue against the on-side kick? If not for the penalty the defense would have held them. Then wouldn't it have been better, and more likely, to hold them at the 25 yard line?

Didn't you just argue against the on-side kick? If not for the penalty the defense would have held them. Then wouldn't it have been better, and more likely, to hold them at the 25 yard line?

I believe this is my first comment about the onside kick. I had no issue with it at the time and still do not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT