ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Brees is the greatest of all time

Heres one for @Born Boiler Elway or Montana?

Both were great -- passing for 210 to 220 yards per game in the NFL -- but personal bias gets me here. I like Montana better, because of preferring Notre Dame over Stanford and because Super Joe played on the same teams as our own Keena Turner. Plus, Purdue managed a split in Elway’s visits to Ross-Ade (1981-1982) but we got swept through Montana’s years with the Irish (1975-1978), although Joe didn’t have to do much, because we got shut out twice and once scored just 6. Rudy could’ve outscored us. Plus, there’s that Guinness ad. Burp.

• 1st and 10 at NO 43 (1:50 left) -- Brees pass short right to Kamara -- 8 yards.
  • 2nd and 2 at SF 49 (1:45 left) -- Brees pass screen right to Kamara -- 34 yards.
  • 1st and 10 at SF 15 (1:35 left) -- Brees pass short left to Smith -- incomplete (dropped; concussion).
  • 2nd and 10 at SF 15 (1:32 left) -- Brees pass short right to Harris -- 7 yards (Brees knocked to ground by late blitzer).
  • 3rd and 3 at SF 8 (1:23 left) -- Brees pass short right to Sanders -- 5 yards.
  • 1st and Goal at SF 3 (1:19 left) -- Snap into turf, Brees recovers, pass short right to Kamara -- 3 yards for touchdown (game-winning score).
Brees on the drive -- 5 of 6 passes (83 percent; 1 drop), 57 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 hit / knockdown … all with 11 broken ribs and 1 punctured lung. For the W.

Eleven fractured ribs out of 24 … one of Drew’s few games under 50 percent.

Talk about a system ...

Reactions: cinboiler
i slipped at 4 am with their nachos on Salisbury and ended up eating them face first on the snowy sidewalk

There's no shame in that. I'm sure I've seen a lot of people end up face first in their LaBamba, but not many who slipped on ice.

Some just might take that in different direction.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

yeah I don’t think waiving them on was going to produce Positive results with cheese and tomatoes all over my upper torso...

but maybe some of you older types pulled off the old snowy sidewalk nacho hook up and you could have advised me.

I know Purdue was 100 times more fun a decade before I went there so who knows

Funny thing nobody will remember - Brady was already in the league while Drew was still in college, and it took him until after Brees retired to break that record.
To be fair Tom didn’t play his first season either and missed a whole season when Pollard wrecked his season.

But what is interesting is that the top 5 all played under the current hands off receiver era. Really highlights what a QB Dan Marino was who sits #6.

To be fair Tom didn’t play his first season either and missed a whole season when Pollard wrecked his season.

But what is interesting is that the top 5 all played under the current hands off receiver era. Really highlights what a QB Dan Marino was who sits #6.
Agree about Marino. Dude was a stud at the position, and really never had the full supporting cast.

While we're being "fair", Drew suffered a career-threatening shoulder injury (FAR beyond an ACL tear, which I've experienced and rehabbed myself), which resulted in him losing his gig at SD, searching for a home (which he found in NO), rebuilding his shoulder/arm and career, and carrying a trainwreck-of-a-franchise to the Super Bowl.

It's storybook. It's beyond Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, as far as personal accomplishment. (IMHO, of course.)

In fact, if you haven't read his book, you need to.

Agree about Marino. Dude was a stud at the position, and really never had the full supporting cast.

While we're being "fair", Drew suffered a career-threatening shoulder injury (FAR beyond an ACL tear, which I've experienced and rehabbed myself), which resulted in him losing his gig at SD, searching for a home (which he found in NO), rebuilding his shoulder/arm and career, and carrying a trainwreck-of-a-franchise to the Super Bowl.

It's storybook. It's beyond Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, as far as personal accomplishment. (IMHO, of course.)

In fact, if you haven't read his book, you need to.

and because of the injury doubt, Nick Saban and the Dolphins decided to pass on Drew Brees and go with Daunte Culpepper.....oops.

I'll still put Marino right up there as one of the best (if not the best) pure passers....but you need a more complete team to get all the way to the summit.

Reactions: Purdue85 and SKYDOG
and because of the injury doubt, Nick Saban and the Dolphins decided to pass on Drew Brees and go with Daunte Culpepper.....oops.

I'll still put Marino right up there as one of the best (if not the best) pure passers....but you need a more complete team to get all the way to the summit.
I'd say the top two pure passers of all time and Marino and Brees.

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT