ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Brees going into politics?

Be nice to see him return to Indiana and take Donnely's Senate seat.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/...-ruling-out-political-career-after-retirement

Return to Indiana? The only time he's lived in Indiana is when he was a college student. (Wasn't the last Senate race in the state focused on a candidate not really living in Indiana?).

NFL players don't have a trend of making great politicians. First off, they have little 'real world' experience. Secondly, I always find it a bit amusing NFL players are staunchly in support of the players association (i.e. a union), but often are Republicans.

I love Drew and continue to love watching him play - but I think he has a much brighter future in coaching than politics. And hopefully that coaching someday could see him return to Indiana!

Reactions: threeeputtt
Return to Indiana? The only time he's lived in Indiana is when he was a college student. (Wasn't the last Senate race in the state focused on a candidate not really living in Indiana?).

NFL players don't have a trend of making great politicians. First off, they have little 'real world' experience. Secondly, I always find it a bit amusing NFL players are staunchly in support of the players association (i.e. a union), but often are Republicans.

I love Drew and continue to love watching him play - but I think he has a much brighter future in coaching than politics. And hopefully that coaching someday could see him return to Indiana!
Brees has donated millions to Purdue and often returns to campus for football games and alumni functions. He was the players' rep in the players assn. He also is a businessman with a chain of Dunkin' Donuts outlets.

Indiana Senator Joe Donnelly was a co-manager of a small business and practiced law for a few years before being elected to the Senate. His only political experience was chairman of the local school board. Do you think he has more "real world" experience than Brees?

The comparison with Evan Bayh is as lame as it gets. In a state that went heavily GOP in the last election, I'd say Joe Donnelly is probably the most vulnerable Senator in the US in 2018.

surprised Orton hasn't yet.

we need a brees/Orton ticket

2588926.jpeg

Don't tell Jack Kemp that.

Yea,Drew might come back and take Donnellys seat.After all,Brees has spent more time in Indiana than my current Congressman,Trey Hollingsworth has.

Brees has donated millions to Purdue and often returns to campus for football games and alumni functions. He was the players' rep in the players assn. He also is a businessman with a chain of Dunkin' Donuts outlets.

Indiana Senator Joe Donnelly was a co-manager of a small business and practiced law for a few years before being elected to the Senate. His only political experience was chairman of the local school board. Do you think he has more "real world" experience than Brees?

The comparison with Evan Bayh is as lame as it gets. In a state that went heavily GOP in the last election, I'd say Joe Donnelly is probably the most vulnerable Senator in the US in 2018.
Donnelly was a Congressman for three terms before He won the US Senate seat in 2012.

There's a reason I described it as a trend. That doesn't mean 100%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT