ADVERTISEMENT

2025 EJ Walker Committing Friday!

Oh Wole, I think you’re confusing yourself with your comments.
No. It’s you who does not understand what I am saying. My comments have been very consistent. They just disagree with the majority of posters on this board. If you go to Facebook, you will find a different group of people who actually agree with me and like my inputs. Are they as knowledgeable as the people who post here? Who knows?

Check out my comments in the archives from 5 years ago. I haven’t changed much and neither have my takes.

So you guys keep talking basketball and I’ll keep talking reality.
You haven't said anything close being in "reality" like.. ever. Your wall of texts are always debunked then you counter yourself with more wall of texts trying to hide/counter being debunked. It's nothing new though, you've always done that.

As has been said way back to when I was here before, you type so much yet still say nothing.

But again.. Painter has forgotten more than you can even pretend to know, so we'll go ahead and go with him. And CERTAINLY go with him over you and your walls of nothing.

No. It’s you who does not understand what I am saying. My comments have been very consistent. They just disagree with the majority of posters on this board. If you go to Facebook, you will find a different group of people who actually agree with me and like my inputs. Are they as knowledgeable as the people who post here? Who knows?

Check out my comments in the archives from 5 years ago. I haven’t changed much and neither have my takes.
What’s the Facebook group

Reactions: PUQBMan. and BBG
Actually yes I do when the ratings were given. Smith has had issues guarding taller, more athletic guards. He will probably not do well in the nba but was the perfect fit to run painter’s offense and feed Edey. If you put Smith on a different run and gun type of team, he probably would not be as good. And Purdue posters tend to believe their players are a lot better than they are. Basically he has excelled at Purdue. But he was definitely not a one and done type player and isn’t about to leave early so his ranking was pretty accurate.

As for Edey, he was not great in high school. He came to big Man U where painter takes big men and develops them. In hs, he was probably as talented as haas. In high school he was nowhere near the talent level of Swanigan, or for that matter Dickinson. So Edey’s 3 star rating out of high school was probably justified. Again, if Edey played for a run and gun team, would he be as good as he was? Look at Canada’s team last Summer. Edey was coming off a player of the year award, and the Canadian coach didn’t even want to play him because his game and style did not match what the Canadian coach wanted to do. If Edey were more athletic and had a 5 star rating, surely he would have started or at least played for last year’s Canadian team. But the reality is he didn’t. He warmed their bench. And no, he wasn’t injured. So yes, his 3 star rating was justified. He’s just another player who excelled in Painter’s system.
You think there were 74 centers better than Edey in high school and that is justified? Paint said Edey was excelling the minute he stepped on campus and his first year he told everyone Edey was really good. It was not the development but that helped over time.

You kidding on Braden? Every coach has said they missed on him, he was first team all big ten and he flew under the radar due to covid. It was a miss plain and simple. Any team regardless of system would take him and he would do well. Irony is it sounds like painter may do some run and gun with smith to make him even better lol.

Actually yes I do when the ratings were given. Smith has had issues guarding taller, more athletic guards. He will probably not do well in the nba but was the perfect fit to run painter’s offense and feed Edey. If you put Smith on a different run and gun type of team, he probably would not be as good. And Purdue posters tend to believe their players are a lot better than they are. Basically he has excelled at Purdue. But he was definitely not a one and done type player and isn’t about to leave early so his ranking was pretty accurate.

As for Edey, he was not great in high school. He came to big Man U where painter takes big men and develops them. In hs, he was probably as talented as haas. In high school he was nowhere near the talent level of Swanigan, or for that matter Dickinson. So Edey’s 3 star rating out of high school was probably justified. Again, if Edey played for a run and gun team, would he be as good as he was? Look at Canada’s team last Summer. Edey was coming off a player of the year award, and the Canadian coach didn’t even want to play him because his game and style did not match what the Canadian coach wanted to do. If Edey were more athletic and had a 5 star rating, surely he would have started or at least played for last year’s Canadian team. But the reality is he didn’t. He warmed their bench. And no, he wasn’t injured. So yes, his 3 star rating was justified. He’s just another player who excelled in Painter’s system.
What you're missing is that CMP doesn't care how many stars you have.

Herb Brooks: "I'm not looking for the best players Craig, I'm looking for the right ones."

lol. Your habit of simply making stuff up makes you look very foolish. And you wonder why people laugh.

Did you see that Daniel Jacobsen will now compete for a spot on the World Cup team. Will you tell us that this proves your belief that Painter meets these guys through his dealings with international basketball?

• Haha
Reactions: Do Dah Day

If they agree with your factually incorrect stratements, then there is no question whether they are as knowledgeable as people who post here.

• Haha
Reactions: Do Dah Day and BBG
I never admitted to be athletic or a coach! I give my money to st Jude’s and not nil! I was a computer nerd and teacher. I’m a think tank person who looks at all possibilities and evaluates them.

This is a good example for people who are not athletes or coaches. It appears Painter has offered 4 different players a scholarship and is trying hard to get them to commit. Doing the math. We are one over our scholarship limit for 2024 and we currently stand at 0 for 2025. Yet , you posters really have confidence Painter is going to find a way to be able to sign 1-3 of these 4 players. This is where people like myself excel.

Look at our current team! I know you love players that can shoot the three. But neither Loyer or smith is leaving early. And we already have Harris, Myles, cox and Bender. Does Purdue really need another shooting guard? I would say that would be our lowest recruiting priority.

Purdue is adding Catchings. At the pro level, he will be more of a 3 than a 4. So where should he play in college? If he’s going to be a one and done, I say he would play the 3. If he plays the 4, I doubt he becomes a one and done. And what does that mean? It means you won’t be able to use his scholarship to add anybody in 2025. And if Catchings stays for 2 years, he may stay for 3. So where does Sisley play? And please don’t tell me s guy like Sisley is going to come to Purdue and be happy and redshirt his first year. Do you really believe players who are top 50 in high school go to colleges to red shirt?

Is Walker more talented than Sisley, Harralson or Mullins? I don’t know. But out of the 4, which player is the best fit for Purdue? And if Walker is the first to commit and we have 0 scholarships to offer to begin with, how will that impact the decisions of the other players? My thought without regards to actual talent level is if one shooting guard commits, the other two will go elsewhere. So ask yourself if you can only have one guard, which of the three you want.

But then again, let’s go back to math. You have 0 scholarships currently to offer. If you can find a way to free up 1 scholarship, Of the 4 players, who would be your top priority? Based on Purdue’s current roster and nobody leaving early, the top priority in my opinion is Sisley. To me, he actually fills a need.

Now if Myles and Harris both decide to leave because Loyer decided to stay, then your priority would change.

I don’t coach. I’m a number cruncher. I’m also the guy that pointed to Furst as being the guy who might free up the current scholarship dilemma. And my thought process wasn’t based on his talent or knowing anything about basketball. It was based on knowing what his academic situation was and number crunching.

Sometimes to make things work, you need project managers and number crunchers rather than a bunch of coaches and athletes . Rather than just giving athletes Nil money to play for you, you also need number crunchers. Who will tell you how much money we can spend. I have no doubt Pack was a very talented guard. But the reality is Purdue could not afford to pay him the money he was seeking. The same was true for the guard who left UW for Kansas.

In order to be a successful team, you need more than just players and coaches. You need people like me that will not be afraid to tell you, sorry, we must also deal with reality.

So you guys keep talking basketball and I’ll keep talking reality. It would not be wise to add Walker if that meant Sisley would not be able to join us. And as I said, if several of our current guards got upset about their role and playing time, that would present a different recruiting scenario.
I now see a side of Bigelow I hadn't seen before. He always came across as a clown and a windbag. Now I'm thinking narcissistic moron. The Purdue coaching staff and players aren't enough. They need Bigelow "in order to be successful".

Purdue is adding Catchings. At the pro level, he will be more of a 3 than a 4. So where should he play in college? If he’s going to be a one and done, I say he would play the 3. If he plays the 4, I doubt he becomes a one and done. And what does that mean? It means you won’t be able to use his scholarship to add anybody in 2025. And if Catchings stays for 2 years, he may stay for 3. So where does Sisley play? And please don’t tell me s guy like Sisley is going to come to Purdue and be happy and redshirt his first year. Do you really believe players who are top 50 in high school go to colleges to red shirt?

Is Walker more talented than Sisley, Harralson or Mullins? I don’t know. But out of the 4, which player is the best fit for Purdue? And if Walker is the first to commit and we have 0 scholarships to offer to begin with, how will that impact the decisions of the other players? My thought without regards to actual talent level is if one shooting guard commits, the other two will go elsewhere. So ask yourself if you can only have one guard, which of the three you want.

But then again, let’s go back to math. You have 0 scholarships currently to offer. If you can find a way to free up 1 scholarship, Of the 4 players, who would be your top priority? Based on Purdue’s current roster and nobody leaving early, the top priority in my opinion is Sisley. To me, he actually fills a need.

Now if Myles and Harris both decide to leave because Loyer decided to stay, then your priority would change.

I don’t coach. I’m a number cruncher. I’m also the guy that pointed to Furst as being the guy who might free up the current scholarship dilemma. And my thought process wasn’t based on his talent or knowing anything about basketball. It was based on knowing what his academic situation was and number crunching.

Sometimes to make things work, you need project managers and number crunchers rather than a bunch of coaches and athletes . Rather than just giving athletes Nil money to play for you, you also need number crunchers. Who will tell you how much money we can spend. I have no doubt Pack was a very talented guard. But the reality is Purdue could not afford to pay him the money he was seeking. The same was true for the guard who left UW for Kansas.

In order to be a successful team, you need more than just players and coaches. You need people like me that will not be afraid to tell you, sorry, we must also deal with reality.

So you guys keep talking basketball and I’ll keep talking reality. It would not be wise to add Walker if that meant Sisley would not be able to join us. And as I said, if several of our current guards got upset about their role and playing time, that would present a different recruiting scenario.

If Catchings is a 1&D it will not matter whether he plays the 3 or 4 here. He will exploit players at either position. I see him like Hummel - a 4 all over the floor. But to say if he plays the 4, he will NOT be a 1&D???? That's quite a take.

Last edited:
Reactions: Do Dah Day and BBG
Weird that there aren’t any predictions on Rivals or 247 for where he goes.

I didn’t check On3.

Well it’s Friday! Let’s pass a bit of time and venture a guess where E.J. is going to hang his hat tonight?

Even with all of the rumbling on the Wisconsin side of things and his two most recent visits being South Carolina and Wisconsin (3visits) I’m calling this one for our home team boilermakers! The number of players and talent we have to compete with might be a reason for him to choose otherwise but if he likes a challenge I say Boiler Up 🖤💛🏀!!!

Well it’s Friday! Let’s pass a bit of time and venture a guess where E.J. is going to hang his hat tonight?

Even with all of the rumbling on the Wisconsin side of things and his two most recent visits being South Carolina and Wisconsin (3visits) I’m calling this one for our home team boilermakers! The number of players and talent we have to compete with might be a reason for him to choose otherwise but if he likes a challenge I say Boiler Up 🖤💛🏀!!!
I say Wisconsin. Painter offering someone else in the 2025 class makes me think he knows EJ is out…but all speculation of course

Reactions: Boiler Buck

Are those Facebook people in the room with you now?

I say Wisconsin. Painter offering someone else in the 2025 class makes me think he knows EJ is out…but all speculation of course
I hope if not Purdue it’s South Carolina and not Whiskey. I don’t want to lose out to Gard and have to play against him on Wisconsin and maybe him turn into a Wahl that always has a good game against us lol.

You haven't said anything close being in "reality" like.. ever. Your wall of texts are always debunked then you counter yourself with more wall of texts trying to hide/counter being debunked. It's nothing new though, you've always done that.

As has been said way back to when I was here before, you type so much yet still say nothing.

But again.. Painter has forgotten more than you can even pretend to know, so we'll go ahead and go with him. And CERTAINLY go with him over you and your walls of nothing.

I highly doubt you even have read any of my posts. You read the first sentence and start your harassing reply. At least my posts have a take. Admittedly the majority of you disagree with it.

I post a real easy question to you all. Loyer and Smith have 2 years left. Colvin has 3 years left. Harris, cox and Bender have 4-5 years . I highly doubt any of this group of guards will be leaving early for the NBA.

If you were a 4/5 star guard. Would you Sign with a team that has no room for another guard?

Obviously walker agreed with my observations and insights and went elsewhere

I highly doubt you even have read any of my posts. You read the first sentence and start your harassing reply. At least my posts have a take. Admittedly the majority of you disagree with it.

I post a real easy question to you all. Loyer and Smith have 2 years left. Colvin has 3 years left. Harris, cox and Bender have 4-5 years . I highly doubt any of this group of guards will be leaving early for the NBA.

If you were a 4/5 star guard. Would you Sign with a team that has no room for another guard?

I'm not sure you were talking about EJ with your guard discussion, but he is a 6'8" power forward (in case you didn’t know).

Well, Walker wasn’t a guard. You had asked about him and Sisley in a prior post…as they play the same position (the 4). So I think Walker saw he wouldn’t get any playing time at THAT position. And it seemed you thought since he was the lowest ranked player/4th lowest out of the 2025 players we had offered at the time, you didn’t want him to come here anyway.

As far as a 4/5 star guard coming here to play the 1,2 or 3 NEXT year—Smith, Waddell and Loyer will have 1 year left, Colvin 2 (unless he leaves for the nba early with a huge jump), Catchings is projected to leave after this year but hope we get him for 2 so that’d mean he’d have only 1 year left, Heide would have 2 after this year but could see him leaving after his junior year if he makes a good jump over the next 2, Benter will stick around for all 4, harris may surprise you and able to leave after 3 to the league, Cox probably stays all 4…but anyone could leave at any time…playing time is not guaranteed….thats why IT and EHJ left. Plus NIL $$$$ is out there too.

Also, as a FYI, Purdue plays guards at the 1-3 position so more open spots than just the 1 and 2. If I were a guard I’d look at what Purdue did with Ivey and also see they made their offensive strategy around Carsen (a guard). But yeah, I trust in painter to have the best guys for his system, so it’d be great to have a 4/5 star but he’s proven it doesn’t matter for him to succeed.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Essentially if Jacobson starts, his backup would be Furst and not TKR.

If TKR starts at the 4, catchings would not get the minutes to start at the 4. And this would not become a one and done.

More one and done players are starting to go to developmental leagues rather than colleges. There was discussion on this board about 6 boys ago that Catchings was contacted any and considering playing in a developmental league and not going to any college.

my TAKE IS if Catchings has to share the 4 position with TKR and Jacobson starts at center, Catchings is not going to get the minutes or opportunity to showcase his talents and thus he will have to remain at Purdue, because the NB won't be drooling for him to come.

i believe you can throw out all the speculation about players leaving Purdue early. unless they transfer out. the players who in the past would have been one and dones are migrating to the developmental pro leagues. and now players can receive a lot of money to stay in college. So a player like catchings is more than likely to stay at Purdue more than one year.

• Haha
Reactions: Heads up BOILER
I will admit that for the last 5-+ years, Painter has used a guard to play the 3 position. so the average poster naturally would assume with Jones leaving, that Painter would fill the 3 position with another guard.

My take is that has not always been the case, and Painter may decide to fill that open 3 position with a real forward rather than another guard.

My take is that Catchings would be a better option to start at the 3 than Myles, Heide, or Harris or any of the other guards.

my take is that jacobson would start at center with Furst as his backup, TKR would remain the starter at the 4 with heide as his backup.

and catchings will start at the 3 over Myles and Harris.

Catchings reminds me of Hummel and Vince Edwards and Scotty May . the question I'll pose is what positions did May, Edwards and hummell play? and what position should they have played ? I believe it would be a huge mistake to play Catchings at the 4. Let TKR do that. Let Catchings star at the 3, and let Myles and Harris be a guard.

my take on Walker is he was not Painter's top priority over Catchings and Sisley, and he decided to go somewhere where he could shine as a freshman rather than compete and platoon. .

i believe you can throw out all the speculation about players leaving Purdue early. unless they transfer out. the players who in the past would have been one and dones are migrating to the developmental pro leagues. and now players can receive a lot of money to stay in college. So a player like catchings is more than likely to stay at Purdue more than one year.
So I can’t speculate about players leaving for the nba but you can speculate about players leaving Purdue because they “may” be frustrated they aren’t starting?

my take on Walker is he was not Painter's top priority over Catchings and Sisley, and he decided to go somewhere where he could shine as a freshman rather than compete and platoon. .
Yeah…we all believed that. We were all shocked he was going to announce so early before the others. Paint knew that he was t going to commit so that’s why he offered a guard in 2025 class a scholarship. Paint usually does this when he knows a guy isn’t going to be attending Purdue.

Catchings reminds me of Hummel and Vince Edwards and Scotty May . the question I'll pose is what positions did May, Edwards and hummell play? and what position should they have played ? I believe it would be a huge mistake to play Catchings at the 4. Let TKR do that. Let Catchings star at the 3, and let Myles and Harris be a guard.
Can you elaborate on why Catchings reminds you of them?

I will admit that for the last 5-+ years, Painter has used a guard to play the 3 position. so the average poster naturally would assume with Jones leaving, that Painter would fill the 3 position with another guard.

My take is that has not always been the case, and Painter may decide to fill that open 3 position with a real forward rather than another guard.

My take is that Catchings would be a better option to start at the 3 than Myles, Heide, or Harris or any of the other guards.

my take is that jacobson would start at center with Furst as his backup, TKR would remain the starter at the 4 with heide as his backup.

“average poster” eh?

Essentially if Jacobson starts, his backup would be Furst and not TKR.

If TKR starts at the 4, catchings would not get the minutes to start at the 4. And this would not become a one and done.

More one and done players are starting to go to developmental leagues rather than colleges. There was discussion on this board about 6 boys ago that Catchings was contacted any and considering playing in a developmental league and not going to any college.

my TAKE IS if Catchings has to share the 4 position with TKR and Jacobson starts at center, Catchings is not going to get the minutes or opportunity to showcase his talents and thus he will have to remain at Purdue, because the NB won't be drooling for him to come.
What 1 and done players are going to developmental leagues? Why is Cooper Flagg, the number 1 rated prospect and projected first round pick for 2025 going to Duke? Or maybe the 3rd-5th projected picks going to college? Even the whole first round is either college freshman/sophomores or foreign kids that have always played overseas.

Walker was not competing with Catchings for a spot in the same class. Walker and Sisley are in 25 and Catchings is 24. I actually may be way off but I don’t believe there is a wide gap between Sisley and Walker. I hope we get Sisley but am not yet convinced he will choose Purdue.

Reactions: BoilerAndy

I do agree that Catchings is gonna play the 3 and very possibly some 4. I don’t think Jacobsen will start but will likely play the 5 and possibly some 4. TKR will be the starting 5. Berg will compete for time as well. Heide and Furst are good possibilities at the 4. Heide some 3 mixed in. Colvin will be a 2-3 rotating with Loyer. Harris 1-3 potential. All just my thoughts and guesses since at this point it’s all we have to go on.
Yes I could see Haralson (4-5*) coming to Purdue to compete at a chance to play with the talent we have and showcase what he feels he can do showcasing his talents to get to the league as a one and done on a strong competitive winning team. Do I believe he will? Not necessarily but there’s still a possibility it could happen.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Walker was not competing with Catchings for a spot in the same class. Walker and Sisley are in 25 and Catchings is 24. I actually may be way off but I don’t believe there is a wide gap between Sisley and Walker. I hope we get Sisley but am not yet convinced he will choose Purdue.
I think if painter was recruiting Walker, that means he felt the same way as you. I’m not convinced sisley is coming here. I think it’s between us and ND. IU has a shot but they just recruit over players so not sure why he would want to go there unless he wants $$$$. I know they’re an IU family but if he isn’t an immediate impact kinda guy, woody and staff has shown he will recruit over you and wont develop players for more than a year or two.

I do agree that Catchings is gonna play the 3 and very possibly some 4. I don’t think Jacobsen will start but will likely play the 5 and possibly some 4. TKR will be the starting 5. Berg will compete for time as well. Heide and Furst are good possibilities at the 4. Heide some 3 mixed in. Colvin will be a 2-3 rotating with Loyer. Harris 1-3 potential. All just my thoughts and guesses since at this point it’s all we have to go on.
Yes I could see Haralson (4-5*) coming to Purdue to compete at a chance to play with the talent we have and showcase what he feels he can do showcasing his talents to get to the league as a one and done on a strong competitive winning team. Do I believe he will? Not necessarily but there’s still a possibility it could happen.
I think we will have a lot of players playing “position-less” bball. We have a lot of guys who can play 2 or even 3 positions and interchange on the court. So for example, I think we could see 4 guards and a big at one time, we could go small ball, we could have a big lineup etc etc

Furst is not and never was a 4. They tried to make it work because he had a certain someone in front of him till his Sr year. Didn't work that well as witnessed by last season.
He'll play center and probably start unless Jacobson can play D too.

• Haha
Reactions: Heads up BOILER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT