ADVERTISEMENT

Draft

I will bet $100 a Purdue player gets drafted.

However, because of all the pessimism here;

I get $300, if two are drafted.

I get $500, if three or more.

Any takers?

Bets must be made before round 5 begins.
Aged well.

Hate to see the streak end but Purdue will have some great athletes in the coming years

At least I put my money where my mouth is. I also thought Thieneman would be drafted just based on the fact that our D struggled when he was injured. I also think Bough would be like Jason Garrett and stick as a knowledgeable back up. Barron's versatility should have been valued. And many teams take someone like Wright just based on speed. Oh well, such is life. They all seem like good kids who will be successful in other phases of life.

I guess the case could be made Brohm was a great coach with the little talent he had. I don't like Blough going to Cleveland as an UDFA.

I see Cleveland as a bad situation as they already have a young QB who will be counted on for the next 5-8 years. I believe Blough would have been better off going to a team with a veteran QB like Pitt, New Orleans Green Bay giants etc where he could be in the background his first few years

I see Cleveland as a bad situation as they already have a young QB who will be counted on for the next 5-8 years. I believe Blough would have been better off going to a team with a veteran QB like Pitt, New Orleans Green Bay giants etc where he could be in the background his first few years
He is unlikely to ever be a long term starter in the league. Better off in a place where he might actually stick on the roster or at least the PS.

p.s. They are counting on Baker for the next 10-15 years.

At this point, it is about making s team. Starting is a fantasy

I realize his chance of starting is probably zip. I just don't like the Cleveland situation. I can't explain it.

Was Maryland's Savage actually that much better than our man that he was deserving of being a first round pick and our guy went undrafted?

At least I put my money where my mouth is. I also thought Thieneman would be drafted just based on the fact that our D struggled when he was injured. I also think Bough would be like Jason Garrett and stick as a knowledgeable back up. Barron's versatility should have been valued. And many teams take someone like Wright just based on speed. Oh well, such is life. They all seem like good kids who will be successful in other phases of life.
Speaking of Barron...has he signed yet?

I thought it was a bad bet even if I felt it was better than a 50/50 proposition that we wouldn't have anyone drafted. The payout on the none-drafted side probably needed to be closer to 150 or 175 to be fair. Plus I'm sure no one wanted to actually bet against Purdue players getting drafted even if they believed it would turn out that way.

But props for coming up with something creative as you did!

Reactions: todd brewster
Was Maryland's Savage actually that much better than our man that he was deserving of being a first round pick and our guy went undrafted?
Well, he apparently supposedly ran a 4.36 40 at the combine. So there’s that at least I guess...

Barron signed with Miami and Evans signed with the bears according to what's on KHC.

I feel that many kids read these boards to see what their fans are saying. And I feel it is important to give them as much support as possible even after their Purdue playing days are over. I appreciated their effort and I believe that they will be successful in life even if they decide not to pursue football.

Who besides obviously Mayfield is in front of him?
It was in the Browns USA Today section. They had 3 QBs last year and it sounds like he’s absolutely in the running for the 3rd spot. The article mentioned the two backups. I don’t remember their names but they weren’t household names.

According to CBS, Drew Stanton is their back-up. Journeyman from Michigan State. Nothing special. 3rd string is Garrett Gilbert, a couple years removed from SMU and a couple of months removed from the quickly defunct AAF.

They also drafted Ryan Finley out of NC State in the 4th round.

Stanton is the backup. 3rd stringer will likely go to practice squad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT