ADVERTISEMENT

Down goes UCONN.

I mean... They still could be? Xavier isn't exactly an easy place to play at. When does Purdue play a ranked team on the road?
@ Wisky
@ iu
At one time OSU & MSU were both ranked. Thus, I am sure another B10 team might climb into the rankings later.

But imo Purdue can lose anytime until they clean up their 3 pt shooting woes. Still they are good enough to battle any B10 team even without that. I actually predicted them to lose 2 of the next 3. Hope I am dead wrong!

Last edited:
Reactions: indyogb
@ Wisky
@ iu
At one time OSU & MSU were both ranked. Thus, I am sure another B10 team might climb into the rankings later.

But imo Purdue can lose anytime until they clean up their 3 pt shooting woes. Still they are good enough to battle any B10 team even without that. I actually predicted them to lose 2 of the next 3. Hope I am dead wrong!
I think Penn State couldn't honestly be their toughest game. They love to launch 3s and it's almost a guarantee that at least one kid becomes Steph Curry for a game. It's the Penn State way.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Cant wait for all the people saying uconn is better than purdue to shut up

Well, that just means that Houston folks will come and start talking about their deserved #1 ranking..
And the Field of 68 talking heads boasting why UConn is still better..
Oh, and reasons why Memphis should be considered as #1 seed blah blah

Boiler Up!!

Reactions: Do Dah Day
IU won there right? Must not be that hard to win there.
Is IU a team that is worthy for others to really get up for? Purdue will always get up for them, as they are our state rival, but from a regional or national level now, they are not a player. They had the perfect coach to bully other team’s coaches and referees, from the mid 70’s to the end of the 80’s, when there were about 5 good teams each year in the NCAA. Different playing field now. And it shows.

Is IU a team that is worthy for others to really get up for? Purdue will always get up for them, as they are our state rival, but from a regional or national level now, they are not a player. They had the perfect coach to bully other team’s coaches and referees, from the mid 70’s to the end of the 80’s, when there were about 5 good teams each year in the NCAA. Different playing field now. And it shows.
I agree. I just figured that dude making stupid statements was an IU fan so why not apply more stupid logic. IU hasn’t been good since I was a kid in the 80s, and maybe early 90s. Knight has always been a terrible human being.

RMK was a good coach though. He just got under the liberal microscope and IU no longer deserved him. Now they suck forever. At least programs like Duke looked the other way when coach K grabbed or did whatever it never hit the news because they weren't pussies like iu

RMK was a good coach though. He just got under the liberal microscope and IU no longer deserved him. Now they suck forever. At least programs like Duke looked the other way when coach K grabbed or did whatever it never hit the news because they weren't pussies like iu
He was the perfect coach for those years. IU doesn’t win atleast 2 of his 3, without him.

Also of note is the number of 1-loss teams that is dwindling. But 4 teams with 1 loss all held on today right around the same time. Kansas, Houston, Arizona and Texas. Houston and Arizona weren't really in danger of losing. Kansas and Texas definitely were. There are 12 left, then plus Purdue and New Mexico. Although New Mexico is down early at Wyoming.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I mean... They still could be? Xavier isn't exactly an easy place to play at. When does Purdue play a ranked team on the road?
Thursday. We play at Kenpom's #13 ranked team - Ohio State. I realize Kenpom's ratings aren't nearly as scientifically valid as yours, but it's something (tic).

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Wyomings top player is out of the game with a concussion. Super.

If by “liberal microscope” you mean absolutely unable to personally abide by the standards this P.O.S. ABSOLUTELY demanded of everyone else he ever came in contact with—

Then I agree!

Reactions: DannyGranger
Refs bailed NM out and no whistles for the home team. Wyoming missed too many free throws down the stretch. And hello Jenny Taft.

Knight wasn’t a concern until he wasn’t winning enough

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT