ADVERTISEMENT

Don't Make Me Mad

Give us an example of what you are seeing. Does it look like his teammates don't like him or he doesn't like his teammates. Does he show, he doesn't care if Purdue wins? What are you seeing?
Sure. He just seems reserved in general, not very personable. It stood out to me last year but even more so this year. It was enough of something that my 10 year old asked me if he liked his teammates, and she is a casual fan at most.

We saw them in person once this year, sat pretty close to the team bench. He definitely was not as warm to his teammates as they were to him. Now, I don't think it is a dislike he has with his team (on a personal level) or anything calculated on his part, and not sure what level Doug G. is implying with his tweet. I think it has more to do with his natural personality.

Would it be better if he was more visually engaging with his teammates, etc etc...?
Sure, just don't think that is Jayden.

Nothing wrong with being a reserved personality. If there was a disconnect you'd see it coming from the rest of the team and I don't see any of that.

Reactions: GemstateBoiler
While not agreeing with him in any way, I've noticed after the past two games that Ivey has shown up at the post-game presser wearing non-Purdue stuff. He hasn't gone all Nojel and worn another school's attire, but still it looks a little odd to see him sitting beside Eric or Trevion, with both of them decked out in Purdue clothing.

While not agreeing with him in any way, I've noticed after the past two games that Ivey has shown up at the post-game presser wearing non-Purdue stuff. He hasn't gone all Nojel and worn another school's attire, but still it looks a little odd to see him sitting beside Eric or Trevion, with both of them decked out in Purdue clothing.
Whaaat??

I thought he meant more "on the court," where our offense has, at times, degraded to the Jaden Ivey show. Of course, if you're going to have a one man show, the Jaden Ivey show is not a bad one to have. :)

I'm just going to enjoy the ride, no matter how far these guys can take us. I thank them all for their efforts. Special Thanks to Brandon Newman for waiting his turn and delivering, big time, when we finally needed him. Good luck to the guys today.

Where did he sit/stand for senior day festivities? Not with the team. It's a little thing, but is more signal than noise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT