ADVERTISEMENT

Does Ron English Survive the Bye Week?

Rondale came game ready. So did Bell. And BTW, they don't play on this team. Charlie was a transfer. He wasn't just magically developed over the summer. And where are our other 4 stars on a consistent basis?
Same offensive staff aside from WR coach. They developed our WRs. Charlie jones was a 2 star player who had 21 catches last year in 14 games with Iowa. Your right it wasn’t magic, he flourished in our system, same as Broc Thompson when he was healthy. ARY and Rice are really our only 4 star WRs who aren’t freshmen and they have been injured but when they are healthy play up to their status. If wright had kept his head on straight he would be playing up to his 4 star rating as well.

Same offensive staff aside from WR coach. They developed our WRs. Charlie jones was a 2 star player who had 21 catches last year in 14 games with Iowa. Your right it wasn’t magic, he flourished in our system, same as Broc Thompson when he was healthy. ARY and Rice are really our only 4 star WRs who aren’t freshmen and they have been injured but when they are healthy play up to their status. If wright had kept his head on straight he would be playing up to his 4 star rating as well.
Jones played in a shit offense with a shit QB. That's not on him. Broc was already a very good receiver at Marshall.

Here are the 2022 stats:
Rice - 15 receptions for 209 yards and 1 TD in 8 games
Sheffield - 25 receptions for 275 yards and 3 TDs in 8 games
Jones - 72 receptions for 840 yards and 9 TDs in 8 games

Sheffield was a 4 star on ESPN, but regardless was a high 3 star.

Reactions: DAG10
Jones played in a shit offense with a shit QB. That's not on him. Broc was already a very good receiver at Marshall.

Here are the 2022 stats:

wasn't Rice a 3 star and initially verballed to Pitt? AOC needs to throw to him more

Here are the 2022 stats:

Those are fine numbers for third option at WR for Sheffield. He’s made some great plays.

Iowa May have been shit but if your going to complain of productivity based on a 4 star HS rating at least acknowledge Charlie’s 2 star HS rating.

Those are fine numbers for third option at WR for Sheffield. He’s made some great plays.

Iowa May have been shit but if your going to complain of productivity based on a 4 star HS rating at least acknowledge Charlie’s 2 star HS rating.

When have I not acknowledged Charlie's 2 star status?

He’s likely taking a RS at this point. Supposedly, was afflicted during the later summer.
He is able to play in 4 games and still redshirt...can't possibly imagine that he is not better than some guys seeing playing time, and, while it would not make any sense to burn the redshirt (especially after yesterday/at this point), I sure would like to think that he might see some time in the final four games (or, three and the bowl game if they attain bowl eligibility).

He was trying to strip the ball. Stop being a dumbass.
He needs to just make a tackle and quit trying to strip the ball after being beat...he has not stripped it either time, and, he has been carried (like a dumba$$ to use your term) for more than 20 yards twice now while trying to strip the ball.

The kid is talented, but, he is inconsistent, and, he seems to lose interest as well unfortunately. Without question he is the best defensive back that Purdue has, but, his effort to date has been underwhelming if we are being fair I think.

Wahlberg can play. He should be starting over Douglas. That’s a bow to seniority. Douglas is too slow. Same with semisi. Oc brothers being out hurts.
Wahlberg is definitely better, but, the bar is so low at the position, and, there is ZERO reason to be bowing to Douglas for anything...nice kid and plays hard, but, no way he should be on the field as much as he has been.

Brothers is very much marginal...again, better than other options, but, hardly a difference-maker of any sort.

They have not recruited that position well at all...maybe there are some younger guys that we have not seen and that is what you are pointing to when talking about talent at the position, but, with respect to guys that are playing or have played, I just totally disagree in that there is any genuine talent at the position aside of Graham, and, as I had said, he is not a LB.

Trice has allowed 43 yards total, for the season. We could use more of that inconsistency. Dl is good. Not great but good. Jenkins could be really good as he gets older
Teams don't throw at Trice in general...because he is good, but, because other guys are so bad...so, the idea that he has allowed 43-yards is not a shock...that said, it is not accurate either, as, he was toasted horribly (back to that inconsistency thing) at the end of the half at Maryland for 68-yards...so, he gave that up on one play.

I think wahlberg is solid. If you want two good backers, its been since bentley and bailey
And the idea that Hazell/staff were able to find guys of THAT caliber and talent, but, this staff has not is both puzzling, and, concerning...never mind frustrating.

Teams don't throw at Trice in general...because he is good, but, because other guys are so bad...so, the idea that he has allowed 43-yards is not a shock...that said, it is not accurate either, as, he was toasted horribly (back to that inconsistency thing) at the end of the half at Maryland for 68-yards...so, he gave that up on one play.
That wasn’t him. The safety blew the coverage in a two deep zone. Trice just ran it down.

Reactions: SDBoiler1 and DAG10
That wasn’t him. The safety blew the coverage in a two deep zone. Trice just ran it down.
My bad if that was the case...I simply saw the guy run by him and him subsequently chase it down and fail to bring the guy down...I assumed that it was on him, but, if not, my bad.

Like say, I don't have an issue with Trice...I think he could/should be better at times, but, he is definitely the least of my concerns with regard to Purdue/defense/secondary, etc.

JaMarcus Shephard is at Washington this year as the Associate HC/Passing Game Coord./WR coach so that impacted some things in the passing game. He has made Penix look great.

JaMarcus Shephard is at Washington this year as the Associate HC/Passing Game Coord./WR coach so that impacted some things in the passing game. He has made Penix look great.
Deboer made penix look great. Not shep

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT