ADVERTISEMENT

Does Painter adjust after the loss?

Yep. But you don't throw players into a tight game when you KNOW they will make mistakes. It will guarantee a loss and won't be good for their confidence.

Not that he cares, but if Painter had played Colvin when the game was on the line, people here would have been all over his "stupid" substitutions. Colvin should be ready for games like this before the year is over, but he isn't ready now.
It was either Tenn or Marq where Myles made a couple of mistakes on D that were costly within a minute or two. I want the kid to grow and be available as do all I believe. Players just grow at different speeds and he is getting a lot thrown to him at this time

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Yep. But you don't throw players into a tight game when you KNOW they will make mistakes. It will guarantee a loss and won't be good for their confidence.

Not that he cares, but if Painter had played Colvin when the game was on the line, people here would have been all over his "stupid" substitutions. Colvin should be ready for games like this before the year is over, but he isn't ready now.
Oh I agree. I’m more so saying Myles could have been inserted into playing more in the middle of the game, not down the stretch for a few more mins than he got.

But yeah, catch 22 here on the board. They want Heide and Colvin to play but need to understand there will be growing pains. And we need them to get those out before March or at least a majority of them!

Reactions: BoilerAndy
12 TOs is probably a very good number for a goal. Playing a bit faster tends to increase turnovers as does a Big having the ball in his hands more than most teams. I think Purdue can win a LOT of games having 12 turn overs or less...and/or shooting 7 or 8 threes out of 20 attempts.
You’re right about 12 being the magic number. We had 13 turnovers in regulation against NW. just one too many.

Reactions: tjreese
Its not a 26 swing. Its just 13
So my equation actually was not self derived, it came from a CPA friend of mine. It is true that NW received 13 more opportunities to score than we did due to our TOs. We also LOST 13 opportunities to score. So in terms of opportunities to score, the deficit is 26. Perhaps I phrased it poorly in my original post. Apologies. I was a biology major and work on humans. This guy graduated form Krannert and works with numbers. It doesn't really matter....we lost due to not taking care of the ball.

So my equation actually was not self derived, it came from a CPA friend of mine. It is true that NW received 13 more opportunities to score than we did due to our TOs. We also LOST 13 opportunities to score. So in terms of opportunities to score, the deficit is 26. Perhaps I phrased it poorly in my original post. Apologies. I was a biology major and work on humans. This guy graduated form Krannert and works with numbers. It doesn't really matter....we lost due to not taking care of the ball.
It's one or the other, not both. Sorry to your CPA friend. I graduated from Krannert too.

Reactions: Dryfly88
There is only one possession, either you get it, or your opponent does. You can't double it.

You’re right about 12 being the magic number. We had 13 turnovers in regulation against NW. just one too many.
That was just off my gut, but I did know there were two in OT and I never did the math to arrive at 12 ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT