ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointed in...

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
a staple of the poorly coached teams of the Hazel era were penalties and turnovers. I saw a lot of that Thursday night.
Not saying this team is poorly coached, in fact, that’s why it was so surprising to see sindelar lose his composure and make some terrible decisions and some of the othe penalties we had because we know they’re really well coached.
Thought the D got better as they settled down but lack of depth on the D line showed up with the lack of a pass rush.
Just for laughs, who was the last true frosh to win the Heisman?

For the record, Elijah made one bad decision, IMO.

The first interception was an obvious pass interference. The reason the fat back judge didn't pull his flag was, he was too busy sucking on a tootsie roll.

The second interception was a lucky defensive decision to drop a defensive lineman off the line to act as a LB. Easy to not see it when it's a bang-bang play.

The third interception was a very bad decision. He had a receiver running free, but ES is not at his best when he's running. He underthrew the pass.

I was most disappointed with the O Line, I thought with the experience they would protect the QB better

I don’t understand how we have a walk on right tackle who had no other scholie offers.
I didn’t watch him much but that’s the most important position on the OL and having a walk on there is not acceptable.

Always thought the home team got the benefit of the doubt on questionable and close calls. Sure didn't help Thursday night.

For the record, Elijah made one bad decision, IMO.

The first interception was an obvious pass interference. The reason the fat back judge didn't pull his flag was, he was too busy sucking on a tootsie roll.

The second interception was a lucky defensive decision to drop a defensive lineman off the line to act as a LB. Easy to not see it when it's a bang-bang play.

The third interception was a very bad decision. He had a receiver running free, but ES is not at his best when he's running. He underthrew the pass.
Agree with everything except the lucky second interception. That was an amazing play by the defensive player. Kudos to him.

Don't know about 'amazing' play! You drop off the line and the ball is in your grasp. No doubt, excellent reflexes, but 'amazing'?!

I'll reserve amazing for the move Rondale made on the jet-sweep. He made the defender look pretty bad.

Don't know about 'amazing' play! You drop off the line and the ball is in your grasp. No doubt, excellent reflexes, but 'amazing'?!

I'll reserve amazing for the move Rondale made on the jet-sweep. He made the defender look pretty bad.
He made a diving INT. It was a good play. Amazing? No. Moore’s sweep was special.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT