ADVERTISEMENT

Didn’t do what Purdue did....

Actually, Ball State doesn't lose many players from a team that had IU beat this year.

New is actually turning into a decent coach, has some big linemen coming in this year, and returns a lot of offense.

If I were Allen, I'd take a lesson from Mike Davis and hide in courtsense's mom's basement for that game.

Only reason BSU might not beat IU is they play Meetchicken at Meetchicken the week before.

COULD....he hasn’t. How many coaches are kept around for something they COULD’VE done? Not many.

Get a new argument other than SOS. Nobody gets ribbons for almost beating somebody or scheduling valiantly in a result driven industry. Is Brohm going to get a pat on the back when he misses yet another bowl because he valiantly scheduled Memphis and Air Force in the non-con that resulted in losses?
Let us put it another way....
My f'g AUNT TILLY could coach a team to 8-5 with IU's schedule.
Hurts, doesn't it ?? Another infrequent Bowl opportunity, and the entire football world that knows college football picks on your schedule. What color is your "ribbon" for knocking off the people you beat ?

No guts....no glory.
Beat somebody.

It's possible but not likely, but we'll never know. You were closer to 3 wins than 7 or 8. Took an epic choke job by Northwestern for Purdue to win that one and you lost to Nevada.

Anything is possible but would say it's very unlikely. 4 seems more appropriate (losses @ Wisconsin, @ Ohio State, @ Michigan, and Penn State). Helps Michigan State is at home this year and like our chances there.

Would say it's more likely that Purdue has 6 losses entering the Bucket Game than IU but time will tell. I like our team and what is returning.
You would know what a choke job looks like.IU showed the world just last week what it is like in their latest Bowl losing effort.

You would know what a choke job looks like.IU showed the world just last week what it is like in their latest Bowl losing effort.

Dude, you went 4-8 this last year and spotted a team 56 first half points the last time Purdue played in a bowl. Down play IU's season all you want, you were 4-8, lost the Bucket, and didn't play in a bowl game. Deal with it.

Dude, you went 4-8 this last year and spotted a team 56 first half points the last time Purdue played in a bowl. Down play IU's season all you want, you were 4-8, lost the Bucket, and didn't play in a bowl game. Deal with it.
Looks like bringing up the choke job hits a nerve. Knock on wood, but there's no way that Purdue suffers the amount of injuries that we've seen previously. Any team would struggle with that many guys out.

Looks like bringing up the choke job hits a nerve. Knock on wood, but there's no way that Purdue suffers the amount of injuries that we've seen previously. Any team would struggle with that many guys out.

Hits a nerve? It was a tough loss that should have never happened. I'd much rather suffer a tough loss no matter how big of a choke job it may be in a bowl game rather than sit at home with a 4-8 record talking about my rivals SOS and making excuses for injuries. But you do you.

Hits a nerve? It was a tough loss that should have never happened. I'd much rather suffer a tough loss no matter how big of a choke job it may be in a bowl game rather than sit at home with a 4-8 record talking about my rivals SOS and making excuses for injuries. But you do you.

If I rooted for IU, I’d like to simply see my team win a bowl game once every 30 years. How does that even happen? Sure we got blown out against Auburn (you would’ve too if you had played them) but we also have won a bowl game this decade lol.

For such a good year for you guys, it didn’t seem to pay much in dividends for recruiting. Maybe it helps with next year but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Purdue ends up with a superior class once again in ‘21. We’re sitting well with a good number of top prospects in the state.

Reactions: indy35
Then why do you bring up Purdue's last bowl loss (when IU was sitting home) as such a bad thing?

Reactions: IUhaterade
For such a good year for you guys, it didn’t seem to pay much in dividends for recruiting. Maybe it helps with next year but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Purdue ends up with a superior class once again in ‘21. We’re sitting well with a good number of top prospects in the state.

IU just had their best two recruiting classes in program history in 2019 and 2018. When you return ~80% of your two deep, it's going to be a challenge. Brohm has had the luxury of selling immediate playing time the last few years and it's resulted in some big time prospects choosing the route of immediate playing time over sitting for 2-3 years at schools like Ohio State, Michigan, Penn St, etc. I fully expect Purdue's recruiting to plateau to a degree once immediate playing time to true freshman isn't an option due to Brohm inheriting such a pitiful roster.

Looks like the standard 5000 IU fans were in attendance too. About the same as a home game. All time Football series? Purdue. All time Hoops series? Purdue. I’m sure it sucks to sit behind us and Notre Dame as the third best big school teams in the state.

Looks like the standard 5000 IU fans were in attendance too. About the same as a home game. All time Football series? Purdue. All time Hoops series? Purdue. I’m sure it sucks to sit behind us and Notre Dame as the third best big school teams in the state.

What on Earth does any of that have to do with you going 4-8 this year?

What on Earth does any of that have to do with you going 4-8 this year?
Not a thing. The point being some years teams will ebb and flow. You had a better record than us this year. So be it. Congrats. Just go back ONE year and it was the opposite. We had a better record. Big deal. Take a longer sample set and see over time which program is better. Sure Boise State had some up years, but are they Alabama? Don’t be such a fool all the time.

I am dealing with it.Sure,Auburn smoked Purdue but the Boilers also have the recent win over Arizona in a Bowl,and can you recall IUS last Bowl win?

I am dealing with it.Sure,Auburn smoked Purdue but the Boilers also have the recent win over Arizona in a Bowl,and can you recall IUS last Bowl win?
Give him a minute, he might have to call his dad. Might not have been born. Poor souls.

Not a thing. The point being some years teams will ebb and flow. You had a better record than us this year. So be it. Congrats. Just go back ONE year and it was the opposite. We had a better record. Big deal. Take a longer sample set and see over time which program is better. Sure Boise State had some up years, but are they Alabama? Don’t be such a fool all the time.
Nope. All that matters is last year. College football started in 2019. So shall it be written..

I wonder if Northwestern basketball fans were pumping their chests to IU fans in 2016-17 about making the NCAA tourney.. and if so what would IU fans reaction have been?

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops

Keep in mind that the Purdue team that lost to Auburn had beaten the loosiers in the prior game - so iu was worse than that Purdue team.

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops
Keep in mind that the Purdue team that lost to Auburn had beaten the loosiers in the prior game - so iu was worse than that Purdue team.

?

Again doesn't have anything to do with what is being discussed. Purdue fan's are downplaying IU's season (in a year they went 4-8) and talking about IU's bowl performance (a year removed from spotting a team 56 points in the first half).

?

Again doesn't have anything to do with what is being discussed. Purdue fan's are downplaying IU's season (in a year they went 4-8) and talking about IU's bowl performance (a year removed from spotting a team 56 points in the first half).

You're the one bringing up the Purdue loss to Auburn - just pointing out that your iu team LOST to that same Purdue team in the prior game. Purdue wouldve won at least 7 games against the same iu schedule, even with a walk on QB. Keep going though, apparently it's how you make yourself feel good about being a fan of the worst P5 program in history. See ya

IU just had their best two recruiting classes in program history in 2019 and 2018. When you return ~80% of your two deep, it's going to be a challenge. Brohm has had the luxury of selling immediate playing time the last few years and it's resulted in some big time prospects choosing the route of immediate playing time over sitting for 2-3 years at schools like Ohio State, Michigan, Penn St, etc. I fully expect Purdue's recruiting to plateau to a degree once immediate playing time to true freshman isn't an option due to Brohm inheriting such a pitiful roster.

Wasn't your 2013 class better?

Are you really blaming the class this year on the two deeps? Lol. Your class overall had a lot of guys with only one P5 offer. How much of Purdue's two deeps do we return? Pretty sure Purdue is even younger than IU. I think you're underestimating the recruiting ability of Brohm and his staff. I fully expect 2021 to be another really good class.

Reactions: indy35
Lol. Your class overall had a lot of guys with only one P5 offer.

You sure about that? Of the 17 guys who have signed NLOI I count 12 with multiple P5 offers and that includes a 4* receiver and a RB who de-commited from Michigan and a DL who de-committed from Auburn.

You sure about that? Of the 17 guys who have signed NLOI I count 12 with multiple P5 offers and that includes a 4* receiver and a RB who de-commited from Michigan and a DL who de-committed from Auburn.
I love that IU fans throw out Baldwin's commitment to Michigan in order to try to salvage some sort of positive thinking about their class. I could commit to Michigan, doesn't mean they'd want me or take me.

I love that IU fans throw out Baldwin's commitment to Michigan in order to try to salvage some sort of positive thinking about their class. I could commit to Michigan, doesn't mean they'd want me or take me.

Well considering they offered him a scholarship....

It's pretty evident you don't know how recruiting rankings work and more importantly recruiting in general. This was never going to be a huge class for IU. They signed 25 kids in 18 and added a couple transfers and signed another 23 kids last year and added some transfers as well. This was always going to be a filler class and anyone who has an idea of how recruiting works understands this. They may add another recruit or two in the Spring but this was never going to be a 20+ man class. Your ranking is going to suffer in that regard.

I fully expect IU to have a 21-23 person class for 2021 and a class that ranks in the mid to high 30's like it did in 2018.

It's pretty evident you don't know how recruiting rankings work and more importantly recruiting in general. This was never going to be a huge class for IU. They signed 25 kids in 18 and added a couple transfers and signed another 23 kids last year and added some transfers as well. This was always going to be a filler class and anyone who has an idea of how recruiting works understands this. They may add another recruit or two in the Spring but this was never going to be a 20+ man class. Your ranking is going to suffer in that regard.

I fully expect IU to have a 21-23 person class for 2021 and a class that ranks in the mid to high 30's like it did in 2018.

Not if you get highly-rated kids.

And I doubt you land a class that good in 2021 TBH.

Not if you get highly-rated kids.

And I doubt you land a class that good in 2021 TBH.

The average rating differential between Purdue and IU the last two years is only marginally better. The reason why Purdue's ranking is higher is due to numbers. IU only signed 17 kids this year to Purdue's 21. Purdue had such a mass exodus of players stemming from Hazel's departure that they could offer immediate playing time.

And you can have what ever doubts you want but IU under Allen has consistently been signing better talent. A 21-23 man class for 2021 is going to net a top 40 ranking. Cal and Louisville both just netted top 40 classes despite signing a single 4* and it's because they signed 24-26 kids.

The average rating differential between Purdue and IU the last two years is only marginally better. The reason why Purdue's ranking is higher is due to numbers. IU only signed 17 kids this year to Purdue's 21. Purdue had such a mass exodus of players stemming from Hazel's departure that they could offer immediate playing time.

And you can have what ever doubts you want but IU under Allen has consistently been signing better talent. A 21-23 man class for 2021 is going to net a top 40 ranking. Cal and Louisville both just netted top 40 classes despite signing a single 4* and it's because they signed 24-26 kids.
Class rankings are based on the top 20 recruits in the class.

For someone who posted that others should know how rankings work, i would have expected you to know that.

I counted 6 with IU as their only P5 offer. In total, I counted 80 P5 offers (40 of those are between your top 3 players) so the other 14 only have 40 combined P5 offers.

Only marginally better? Lol. Last year, you were at an average ranking of .8577 and we were .8663. This year, you are .8486 and we're at .8648. That's a pretty decent difference. The difference in number is only a small difference. The average rating plays a factor too. Even if you were at 21 recruits, with an average of .8468, we'd still be significantly ahead of you.

Reactions: Purdue85
I counted 6 with IU as their only P5 offer. In total, I counted 80 P5 offers (40 of those are between your top 3 players) so the other 14 only have 40 combined P5 offers.

Rashawn Williams--16
Tim Baldwin--13
Damarhje Lewis---11
Bryson Bonds---4
Lem Watley-Neely--5
David Baker---6
Luke Haggard--2
AJ Barner---2
Luke Wigginton--6
Javon Swinton---4
Randy Holtz---6

Jalen williams---8
Coleon Smith---5

Jalen Williams and Smith haven't signed yet and may not qualify but that's 13 commits with multiple (more than 1) P5 offers. Suggest you learn how to count.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Season/2020-Football/Commits/

List each players offers

Only marginally better? Lol. Last year, you were at an average ranking of .8577 and we were .8663. This year, you are .8486 and we're at .8648. That's a pretty decent difference. The difference in number is only a small difference. The average rating plays a factor too. Even if you were at 21 recruits, with an average of .8468, we'd still be significantly ahead of you.

That's marginally better. When you get 1 kid like a George Karlaftis who skews the average it should make more sense.

Rashawn Williams--16
Tim Baldwin--13
Damarhje Lewis---11
Bryson Bonds---4
Lem Watley-Neely--5
David Baker---6
Luke Haggard--2
AJ Barner---2
Luke Wigginton--6
Javon Swinton---4
Randy Holtz---6

Jalen williams---8
Coleon Smith---5

Jalen Williams and Smith haven't signed yet and may not qualify but that's 13 commits with multiple (more than 1) P5 offers. Suggest you learn how to count.

List each players offers
I think you guys are taking the Rivals offer list too literally. Not all offers are created equal. Some are conditional, and some get pulled. Rivals doesn't do a very good job of keeping offer lists up to date. For instance, a lot of people don't believe Randy Holtz had a commit-able offer to Purdue and he didn't have one to IU either until the end of the recruiting process and their plan A options committed elsewhere. Simply put, its not something to put to a simple mathematical comparison.

Offer lists are better appreciated with a wide angle lens. My takeaway from the data above is IU has 3 players in the 2020 class who were widely desired by P5 programs and a bunch of guys who are marginal P5 recruits.

Rashawn Williams--16
Tim Baldwin--13
Damarhje Lewis---11
Bryson Bonds---4
Lem Watley-Neely--5
David Baker---6
Luke Haggard--2
AJ Barner---2
Luke Wigginton--6
Javon Swinton---4
Randy Holtz---6

Jalen williams---8
Coleon Smith---5

List each players offers

I counted the guy who’ve signed lol. It’s 80.

Rashawn Williams--16
Tim Baldwin--13
Damarhje Lewis---11
Bryson Bonds---4
Lem Watley-Neely--5
David Baker---6
Luke Haggard--2
AJ Barner---2
Luke Wigginton--6
Javon Swinton---4
Randy Holtz---6

Jalen williams---8
Coleon Smith---5

List each players offers

you have 13 with multiple P5 offers (only 11 have signed) and 6 with only one P5 offer. Check your math again.

That's marginally better. When you get 1 kid like a George Karlaftis who skews the average it should make more sense.

You mean like your class this year with Williams? Ours is much more balanced and not just top heavy lol. You only have 3 guys rated higher than 86 on the composite score.

Last edited:
Karlaftis wasnt our highest ranked recruit. You trolling? If not, you make Wole look informed.

you have 13 with multiple P5 offers (only 11 have signed) and 6 with only one P5 offer. Check your math again.

You are correct, I thought you said IU only signed 6 players with more than 1 P5 offer. My mistake. You did originally say that IU has "a lot" of players with only one P5 offer and I thought that was egregious. I don't consider 6 a lot. Purdue for instance had 5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT