ADVERTISEMENT

Didn’t do what Purdue did....

Much bigger problems? Lol. Recruiting is stellar and fan support is the best it’s been in 20 years. Unlike IU, we routinely came close to selling out every home game. Tell me more about these bigger problems we have to worry about.

I was actually in agreement with you and others, it's silly for an IU fan to be arguing with Purdue fans about a bowl game Purdue didn't play in....on a Purdue board nonetheless. It's a losing argument anyway you dice it.

As far as problems go? I don't know, maybe winning more than 4 games with one of the highest paid coaches in the country.

Either way, I expect Purdue to be improved next year. Should make for another entertaining Bucket game next year. IU for a second straight year should be bowl eligible heading into the game, Purdue will be close.

I was actually in agreement with you and others, it's silly for an IU fan to be arguing with Purdue fans about a bowl game Purdue didn't play in....on a Purdue board nonetheless. It's a losing argument anyway you dice it.

As far as problems go? I don't know, maybe winning more than 4 games with one of the highest paid coaches in the country.

Either way, I expect Purdue to be improved next year. Should make for another entertaining Bucket game next year. IU for a second straight year should be bowl eligible heading into the game, Purdue will be close.
How can you not with Western Ky, Ball State and UConn? Followed by Maryland and Rutgers?

How can you not with Western Ky, Ball State and UConn? Followed by Maryland and Rutgers?

I am expecting to have a winning record, that's why I said that. If Purdue could have taken care of the teams they played with losing records they too would have gone bowling this year and Purdue fans would have been much more fixated on their own bowl game than IU's.

IU has 3 road games next year with potential top 10 opponents, I'm guessing not many other teams in the country can lay that claim.

Best of luck to the Boilers.

Who gave up 13 points in less than 31 seconds???

FIFY

IU FB is a joke and will soon fall back down to earth from their pinnacle of a season at 8-5 with ZERO wins against P5 teams with a winning record. No bowl wins since 1991. No 9 win seasons since 1967. Domination by Purdue in the Bucket Game and overall despite a downturn under D-Haze.

giphy.gif

Reactions: SDBoiler1
I am expecting to have a winning record, that's why I said that. If Purdue could have taken care of the teams they played with losing records they too would have gone bowling this year and Purdue fans would have been much more fixated on their own bowl game than IU's.

IU has 3 road games next year with potential top 10 opponents, I'm guessing not many other teams in the country can lay that claim.

Had Purdue played this year's iu schedule they would've won 7 or 8 games. Even with yet another junior varsity level non-conference schedule next year there's a fair chance that iu comes into the Bucket game with 6 losses.

Had Purdue played this year's iu schedule they would've won 7 or 8 games

It's possible but not likely, but we'll never know. You were closer to 3 wins than 7 or 8. Took an epic choke job by Northwestern for Purdue to win that one and you lost to Nevada.

Even with yet another junior varsity level non-conference schedule next year there's a fair chance that iu comes into the Bucket game with 6 losses.

Anything is possible but would say it's very unlikely. 4 seems more appropriate (losses @ Wisconsin, @ Ohio State, @ Michigan, and Penn State). Helps Michigan State is at home this year and like our chances there.

Would say it's more likely that Purdue has 6 losses entering the Bucket Game than IU but time will tell. I like our team and what is returning.

Why do you continue to argue with a fan base of a 4-8 team? On their board no less?

I'm upset about last night too, but Purdue has much bigger problems to worry about.

Let it be.

LOL!

Your program cannot beat a team with a winning record. You schedule patsies to be bowl eligible. Then, promptly lose said bowl games. Your recruiting remains at a level making it necessary to have a weak non-conference schedule. You haven't beaten UM or OSU in 32 years, PSU only once in your entire history. You have goose sh*t over entire sections of your stadium, and nobody notices because said seats go unsold and unoccupied.

And you think PURDUE has problems.

Reactions: bonefish1
It's possible but not likely, but we'll never know. Took an epic choke job by Northwestern for Purdue to win that one and you lost to Nevada.

Anything is possible but would say it's very unlikely. 4 seems more appropriate (losses @ Wisconsin, @ Ohio State, @ Michigan, and Penn State). Helps Michigan State is at home this year and like our chances there.

Would say it's more likely that Purdue has 6 losses entering the Bucket Game than IU but time will tell. I like our team and what is returning.

Purdue beat three of the same opponents iu did. Add Rutgers and the iu junior varsity non-conference schedule and there's 7.
Seriously doubt iu would've beaten Nevada in the opener on the road. It took a choke job and injuries to 2 QBs by Nebraska for iu to win that one. Next year iu will lose to(in addition to the ones you listed) Michigan State and possibly Illinois. Then a loss in the Bucket game puts iu where it historically is - home for the holidays.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purdue85
LOL!

Your program cannot beat a team with a winning record. You schedule patsies to be bowl eligible. Then, promptly lose said bowl games. Your recruiting remains at a level making it necessary to have a weak non-conference schedule. You haven't beaten UM or OSU in 32 years, PSU only once in your entire history. You have goose sh*t over entire sections of your stadium, and nobody notices because said seats go unsold and unoccupied.

And you think PURDUE has problems.

There isn't a Purdue fan in this world who wouldn't have traded places with IU to be playing in a Jan bowl against an SEC team over a 4-8 record, SOS be damned. Anyone saying otherwise is lying to themselves.

I'm done here. Came here to tell the one IU fan to knock off the petty arguing on a Rivals board and got suckered into the banter.

Best of luck to the Boilers next year.

There isn't a Purdue fan in this world who wouldn't have traded places with IU to be playing in a Jan bowl against an SEC team over a 4-8 record, SOS be damned. Anyone saying otherwise is lying to themselves.

I'm done here. Came here to tell the one IU fan to knock off the petty arguing on a Rivals board and got suckered into the banter.

Your prior post was destroyed. Your program has serious issues, most notably: replacing a coordinator who was responsible for getting your team bowl eligible.

Seriously doubt iu would've beaten Nevada in the opener on the road. It took a choke job and injuries to 2 QBs by Nebraska for iu to win that one. Next year iu will lose to(in addition to the ones you listed) Michigan State and possibly Illinois. Then a loss in the Bucket game puts iu where it historically is - home for the holidays.

There's absolutely NO reason to think they would have beaten Nevada, and one primary reason to think IU would have lost: Nevada had a winning record and went to a bowl game.

Maybe it was the snide "has bigger problems to worry about " comment that caused people to call you out. It's funny to see iu fans like yourself beating your chests about going to a bowl without acknowledging that it's only due to a ridiculously weak non-conference schedule and a perfect storm of in conference opponents (Northwestern abnormally down, Nebraska having to use 3 QB's- none of them their starter and a plethora of injuries for Purdue).

There's absolutely NO reason to think they would have beaten Nevada, and one primary reason to think IU would have lost: Nevada had a winning record and went to a bowl game.

People underestimate playing at elevation. Having hiked extensively in Colorado and Utah I can testify that it just sucks the energy right out of you.

I love when IU fans use the “January bowl” like that matters at all. This should’ve been like a December 20th game lol. Hey Nevada is playing in a January bowl too haha.

Maybe it was the snide "has bigger problems to worry about " comment that caused people to call you out. It's funny to see iu fans like yourself beating your chests about going to a bowl without acknowledging that it's only due to a ridiculously weak non-conference schedule and a perfect storm of in conference opponents (Northwestern abnormally down, Nebraska having to use 3 QB's- none of them their starter and a plethora of injuries for Purdue).

It was in jest sure.

A bowl is a bowl, and the more wins you have, the better bowl you go to. It's been that way from day 1. Easy schedule or not, IU won 8 games, played in a respectable bowl against a respectable program and played a competitive game against a team they should have beaten. IU's poor non-conference schedule had no effect on their ability to play Tennessee tough.

I love when IU fans use the “January bowl” like that matters at all. This should’ve been like a December 20th game lol. Hey Nevada is playing in a January bowl too haha.

The Gator Bowl is absolutely a respectable bowl and better than any bowl than Purdue has played in the last 15 years. Gator Bowl could have been on Jan 2 or December 2 and it still doesn't negate the fact that it's a solid bowl.

Are you considering Illinois a team that we lost to with a losing record because they lost their bowl game? Because other than that- the only team we lost to that had a losing record was TCU... which I would argue might be the best 5-7 team in the country.

It was in jest sure.

A bowl is a bowl, and the more wins you have, the better bowl you go to. It's been that way from day 1. Easy schedule or not, IU won 8 games, played in a respectable bowl against a respectable program and played a competitive game against a team they should have beaten. IU's poor non-conference schedule had no effect on their ability to play Tennessee tough.

So you expect iu to continue scheduling patsies from now to eternity, huh? Maybe you don't remember that part of the iu fans' dissatisfaction with Mallory was that his teams continually played a weaker non-conference schedule as well.

I would trade 4-8 for 8-5... but that is not the whole story is it? I would not trade our coaches, roster, recruits, admins, fanbase, reputation, stadium (I could go on and on) for yours. Not ever.

It was in jest sure.

Counterpoint- Tenn took IU lightly and only needed to wake up for 5 minutes to win the game.

So you expect iu to continue scheduling patsies from now to eternity, huh? Maybe you don't remember that part of the iu fans' dissatisfaction with Mallory was that his teams continually played a weaker non-conference schedule as well.

Eternity is a long time but with having to play Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and usually a good MSU team every year on top of years where they get Wisconsin and Iowa in crossover games, I don't see the need to scheduling anything other than easy non-conference wins. If you need at least 6 wins to get to bowl eligibility, why put yourself behind the 8 ball?

It's been a week of collapse for iu sports. First basketball chokes and blows a big 2nd half lead to lose against Ark, then iu chokes in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter to give their bowl game to TN.
It's got to really suck being an iu fan these days.

Eternity is a long time but with having to play Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and usually a good MSU team every year on top of years where they get Wisconsin and Iowa in crossover games, I don't see the need to scheduling anything other than easy non-conference wins. If you need at least 6 wins to get to bowl eligibility, why put yourself behind the 8 ball?

Because having 4 tough opponents is not much of an excuse when you never beat those opponents. The only thing scheduling 3 automatic wins gets you is the idea that you are better than you actually are. We may have lost to TCU- a team with a losing record like you said- but TCU is better than any team that IU beat. So you got to a bowl. Congratulations.

So you're just ceding losses to those 4 every year? Makes sense, given iu's record against them. Guess that's why iu plays more non-conference games against FCS opponents than P5 opponents in the next 5 years. Heck, go all in and try to get Earlham or Anderson on the schedule too.

Frankly, I hope your inept athletic leadership keeps it up. The more low-quality opponents IU plays, the better.

Last 5 years
IU - 3 bowl games
PU - 2
Last 124 yrs: Indiana Univ. : The f'g WORST team in major college football; an embarrassment to the state, the Big Ten, and to the game of football.
Doormat.
Whipping Boy.
Choose one.

Frankly, I hope your inept athletic leadership keeps it up. The more low-quality opponents IU plays, the better.

Brother, it’s a result based industry. 8-4 is 8-4, 4-8 is 4-8. You let me know when your $6mil/yr coach wins 8 games? I don’t see it coming anytime soon.

Brother, it’s a result based industry. 8-4 is 8-4, 4-8 is 4-8. You let me know when your $6mil/yr coach wins 8 games? I don’t see it coming anytime soon.
Brohm could win 8 games coaching from a Lazy-Boy in his living room, if he had YOUR schedule......

Brohm could win 8 games coaching from a Lazy-Boy in his living room, if he had YOUR schedule......

COULD....he hasn’t. How many coaches are kept around for something they COULD’VE done? Not many.

Get a new argument other than SOS. Nobody gets ribbons for almost beating somebody or scheduling valiantly in a result driven industry. Is Brohm going to get a pat on the back when he misses yet another bowl because he valiantly scheduled Memphis and Air Force in the non-con that resulted in losses?

COULD....he hasn’t. How many coaches are kept around for something they COULD’VE done? Not many.

Get a new argument other than SOS. Nobody gets ribbons for almost beating somebody or scheduling valiantly in a result driven industry. Is Brohm going to get a pat on the back when he misses yet another bowl because he valiantly scheduled Memphis and Air Force in the non-con that resulted in losses?

You think Brohm scheduled those games? Lol

Brohm>Allen.

Even with a 4-win season, we still destroyed you guys in recruiting. It wasn’t even close.

Last edited:
The Gator Bowl is absolutely a respectable bowl and better than any bowl than Purdue has played in the last 15 years. Gator Bowl could have been on Jan 2 or December 2 and it still doesn't negate the fact that it's a solid bowl.
Actually the Gator Bowl and the Music City Bowl are at the exact same tier. Looks like Tennessee made the right decision in using their higher SEC finish to switch with Kentucky and play IU instead of their probable loss against Virginia Tech.

this also is Schiano's MO, he is getting rid of the Va Tech's and implementing teams like Monmouth. He did this before and will do it again. The bowl people do care about records. I think the only time they look at SOS strongly is when they choose the final four. Briles when coaching Baylor was affected by this.

Actually the Gator Bowl and the Music City Bowl are at the exact same tier. Looks like Tennessee made the right decision in using their higher SEC finish to switch with Kentucky and play IU instead of their probable loss against Virginia Tech.
Don’t confuse the issue with facts, now! IU fans pumping their chests about a stars-aligned 8-5 high water mark is kind of cute. It reminds me of a few years ago when Northwestern basketball “arrived” and finally made an NCAA tournament (and IU didn’t).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT