ADVERTISEMENT

DGL on the move again

This is similar to when I honk at someone while driving and my wife says "was that really necessary".
To which I reply; "yes, it was. Stupid people sometimes need to be told when they're stupid and hopefully they learn".

When dealing with someone online, they put themselves out there for and ridicule or scrutiny they invite.

Especially when it's the potty mouthed mother of a high profile recruit who also seems to lack impulse control and a filter.
If you still think stupid people are capable of learning from their mistakes, you have far more faith in them than I do at this point.

I've gotten to the point where I realize they are not worth the time, effort or frustration.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
This is similar to when I honk at someone while driving and my wife says "was that really necessary".
To which I reply; "yes, it was. Stupid people sometimes need to be told when they're stupid and hopefully they learn".

When dealing with someone online, they put themselves out there for and ridicule or scrutiny they invite.

Especially when it's the potty mouthed mother of a high profile recruit who also seems to lack impulse control and a filter.
‘Dumb in public’ isn’t a crime, or an ‘educator wanted’ help ad. Probably end up just pissing people off, but what do I know (not a lot).

Illinois just picked up another PG commit for 2023. I’m sure mama won’t like that!
He's actually slated to join the team in a couple weeks. So seems less likely sky is coming back. What happens if he's a good player? Does DGL rethink his commitment?

EDIT: DGL has already signed with Ill so he maybe stuck regardless.

Last edited:
I have mixed emotions. I believe the high road is best. I was never Brian’s biggest fan. And I know from personal experience some coaches tell lies and fill parents heads with false hope and dreams.

I also spend a lot of time on the internet and visit and post on other forums besides this one.

My issue with her is she posted the exact same lies on several other forums and as public info on her Facebook page for the entire world to see. It’s not like she posted her thoughts for just her friends to view. And she posts her lies and uses the feature that prevents others from commenting. And she is posting lies not only about Brian, but also about Painter, his staff, his players and the fans.

It’s not like she is from IU and is having fun trolling our site! She’s spreading her lies to the world and on multiple media much like that orange haired guy. And people still believe his lies!

I’ve watched and taking the high road and ignoring people just doesn’t appear to be very effective. They just keep lying and they soon start believing their own lies! Does Lake believe her lies? I know others swear by her lies! They say if you keep telling the same lie, people will believe you.

I would hate for Painter to go into a home and have to provide an answer and address all the lies that others have provided.

As I said, I’ve tried taking the high road. I’ve found out from past experience on this forum it just doesn’t work. Look at the posters who don’t like mathboy! How many more times am I going to read about a poster being stupid because he once suggested Purdue hire Les Miles? Taking the high road even on this forum sure hasn’t worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zaphod_B
I have mixed emotions. I believe the high road is best. I was never Brian’s biggest fan. And I know from personal experience some coaches tell lies and fill parents with false hope and dreams.

I also spend a lot of time on the internet and visit and post on other forums besides this one.

My issue with her is she posted the exact same lies on several other forums and as public on her Facebook page for the entire world to see. It’s not like she posted her thoughts for just her friends to view. And she posts her lies and uses the feature that prevents others from commenting. And she is posting lies not only about Brian, but also about Painter, his staff, his players and the fans.

It’s not like she is from IU and is having fun trolling our site! She’s spreading her lies to the world and on multiple media much like that orange haired guy. And people still believe his lies!

I’ve watched and taking the high road and ignoring liters just doesn’t appear to be very effective. They just keep lying and they soon start believing their own lies! Does Lake believe her lies? I know others swear by her lies! They say if keep telling the same lie, people will believe you.

I would hate for Painter to go into a home and have to provide an answer and address all the lies that others have provided.

As I said, I’ve tried taking the high road. I’ve found out from past experience on this forum it just doesn’t work. Look at chi boiler and doo dah day’s comment about me! Look at the posters who don’t like mathboy! How many more times am I going to read about a poster being stupid because he once suggested Purdue hire Les Miles? Taking the high road even on this forum hasn’t worked

Well, suggesting Les Miles was pretty stupid and you really should have to wear that for life as a warning to others.

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123

The problem that my wife reminds me of is that a coupla people who wanted to educate another driver were shot dead.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
If you still think stupid people are capable of learning from their mistakes, you have far more faith in them than I do at this point.

I've gotten to the point where I realize they are not worth the time, effort or frustration.
BINGO~

As long as the check clears, I think she will be fine.
Based on what we’ve heard from other NIL stories around the country, if he no longer is “the guy”, I wouldn’t be surprised if that check doesn’t clear. I’d guess he hits the portal after his freshman year, if not sooner. Can’t wait to see what she has to say about the “lies” Illinois told her after he hits the portal.

Based on what we’ve heard from other NIL stories around the country, if he no longer is “the guy”, I wouldn’t be surprised if that check doesn’t clear. I’d guess he hits the portal after his freshman year, if not sooner. Can’t wait to see what she has to say about the “lies” Illinois told her after he hits the portal.
I’ve read some stories about NIL offers that have caveats! In many cases the money comes after the season and only if the guy is a starter. The Ewers kid at OSU was only supposed to receive his money based on his starts at OSU. Since he didn’t start when he was there, he didn’t receive much of the NIL money that was originally reported. I would suspect this is true with many other NIL offers. If her son is beaten out by someone else, she can say goodbye to that NIL check in the mail.

well, it's makes me feel better, which is what's most important.

I’ve read some stories about NIL offers that have caveats! In many cases the money comes after the season and only if the guy is a starter. The Ewers kid at OSU was only supposed to receive his money based on his starts at OSU. Since he didn’t start when he was there, he didn’t receive much of the NIL money that was originally reported. I would suspect this is true with many other NIL offers. If her son is beaten out by someone else, she can say goodbye to that NIL check in the mail.
There’s no way this is true. There is basically one rule with NIL, and this would violate that one rule. These offers cannot be directly tied to a player’s performance. There are certainly workarounds, but there wouldn’t be a single deal that stipulates a player must be a starter, score x points per game, etc. But I do agree that if he is not a starter, those deals will likely dry up or not be paid at all. The boosters would rather save their money to try to pay a high end target in the portal instead of keeping a second-string guy happy.

There’s no way this is true. There is basically one rule with NIL, and this would violate that one rule. These offers cannot be directly tied to a player’s performance. There are certainly workarounds, but there wouldn’t be a single deal that stipulates a player must be a starter, score x points per game, etc. But I do agree that if he is not a starter, those deals will likely dry up or not be paid at all. The boosters would rather save their money to try to pay a high end target in the portal instead of keeping a second-string guy happy.
There was a report on Ewers reported original nil deal at OSU and what he actually received. He only received about half of what was promised because he wasn’t starting. I’m not sure if starting is different than performance . It was an insight article. into hidden caveats of NIL deals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT