ADVERTISEMENT

Details Exhibition vs Creighton

I like Purdue going on the road to face a high major opponent in these charity exhibitions. A great learning experience with very little downside.

These big high major/high major charity exhibition games are fairly new, right? I don't think Mackey's ever hosted one?

I like Purdue going on the road to face a high major opponent in these charity exhibitions. A great learning experience with very little downside.

These big high major/high major charity exhibition games are fairly new, right? I don't think Mackey's ever hosted one?
Correct.

Yeah, they've replaced the "secret scrimmages" from the past. This might be the 3rd or 4th year? And no, I'm pretty sure we've gone on the road for all of them. Not sure why.

Reactions: Schnelk
Yes, this will be a great measuring stick for sure. I love it.

It will also likely be a sellout road environment. Creighton fans don't have football and it's a Saturday night in Nebraska. They will pack that place out. Great experience.
Haha but they're all probably Nebraska football fans too. They're at Ohio State that day, with decent likelihood of being a night game.

Haha but they're all probably Nebraska football fans too. They're at Ohio State that day, with decent likelihood of being a night game.
I forgot that thr reversible jacket is likely alive and well in other states too, lol

Yeah, they've replaced the "secret scrimmages" from the past. This might be the 3rd or 4th year? And no, I'm pretty sure we've gone on the road for all of them. Not sure why.
I'm not sure either, but I like it. Playing on the road against a good team is a great way to start the season for the young guys. And it is meaningless when it comes rankings and seedings.

I'm not sure either, but I like it. Playing on the road against a good team is a great way to start the season for the young guys. And it is meaningless when it comes rankings and seedings.

I agree with Andy. It would be great to see Mackey host a high profile charity exhibition. I'm sure the students would love it.

But, going on the road to play a high major in exhibition can be a great learning experience for the team.

Reactions: Roeder
I agree with Andy. It would be great to see Mackey host a high profile charity exhibition. I'm sure the students would love it.

But, going on the road to play a high major in exhibition can be a great learning experience for the team.
For sure…just gotta find a team actually willing to play a true road game/exhibition!

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Downside: spending a night in Omaha.

Actually, never been there. It may be a totally cool place to visit.

It has a nice downtown for sure.
Lots of my wife's extended family live in Omaha or nearby Council Bluffs, IA. The Old Market area is lively. The major upgrades to I-29 and I-80 are finally done, which makes getting in and out of town A LOT simpler.

If anybody goes, stop by "Wine, Beer, and Spirits" on the West Side. It's a massive package store in a converted Toys R Us building. There's a small bar just inside the entrance, so you can imbibe while you shop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT