ADVERTISEMENT

Democrat Hypocrisy - No ID to vote, but a vaccine passport to enter a restaurant

Imagine the freak out that would occur by the Democrats if they learned cloth masks are worthless.

it would be like the emperor doesn’t have on clothes.
Yep. I would've thought everyone would've gotten the hint when Fauci started recommending wearing 2 cloth masks.

A real leader in that situation would've recommended N95's for high risk individuals. Instead he doubled down on something that wasn't very effective (cloth masks).

Well, considering the number of “opportunities” for a failure, having something that is 50% effective is worthless. IMO.

If I have to take a flight once that has a 50% chance of success versus 0%….yes, I would take 50%.

But if I have to fly everyday for 4 weeks, the odds of dying with the 0% flight success (0% chance of living) almost is the same as the 50% flight success (1 in 268MM).

Conclusion, I wouldn’t wear a mask because it provides essentially zero protection over an extended period of exposure.

The solution is BoilerBFs post above….wear an n95 mask. But I’m vaccinated, so I really don’t care, my vaccination is better than the N95 mask over an extended period of exposure.

oh, and take Vitamin D like Fauci
What do you mean "opportunities for a failure"? What is your rationale? If a mask helps to keep your viral cloud down to a foot or two instead of 5 or 6 feet, that substantially reduces the likelihood you transmit the virus in normal public interactions.

Story time:

I had a vendor in this week working with my team. Our policy is that everyone must wear a mask when you are working within 6 feet of anyone else. I get a call from the vendor the day after he has been here saying that he started feeling ill and was tested and confirmed positive for the rona. Because of our strict masking policy, we didn't have anyone of the half dozen or so that was in close interaction with the individual get sick. And because we didn't have half a crew get sick we didn't have to shut down our operations. It's doubtful we'd have a mill running without the mask policy this week.

This scenario has happened with both our team and vendors several times over the last year and a half. Because we are serious about masking, it's had minimal impact on our operations. It's given us a commercial advantage over our completion who hasn't been so serious about it.

Well, a year and a half later, if Biden wants people to wear a mask then he should have been smart enough to start having N95 masks mass manufacturered (just like Trump had the vaccine manufactured) and send them to every house (they’re cheaper than his $300 checks)…and N95 masks are easier to make than a vaccine.

Better solution…get the vaccine. let Darwin sort out the idiots.

Democrats and the CDC, “let’s all wear masks to protect the idiots.” (Yeah, that’s not for me.). My mask wearing days are over.
N95's are mass manufactured and widely available. Are you going to give Biden a high five now since you were unwantedly criticizing him?

I'm good with letting Darwin sort it out for those who choose to be idiots. You can't force a horse to drink water. I'm more concerned for my 1 year old that can't be vaccinated and the long term damage the unvaccinated and when necessary unmasked are doing to the economy.

Imagine the freak out that would occur by the Democrats if they learned cloth masks are worthless.

it would be like the emperor doesn’t have on clothes.
Worthless isn't the same as 50-60% effective (if that's even the case). How ridiculous.

Absolutely not. To vote you have to register and when you vote you have to prove your identity through signature matches and voter rolls.

Between those systems and the high penalty with little return for the risk for being caught, the in person voting fraud has always been an extreme rarity.
So, let's clarify:
Are you for or against requiring voter ID? Because in this statement, you seem to agree that one has to prove their identity?

Story time:

I had a vendor in this week working with my team. Our policy is that everyone must wear a mask when you are working within 6 feet of anyone else. I get a call from the vendor the day after he has been here saying that he started feeling ill and was tested and confirmed positive for the rona. Because of our strict masking policy, we didn't have anyone of the half dozen or so that was in close interaction with the individual get sick. And because we didn't have half a crew get sick we didn't have to shut down our operations. It's doubtful we'd have a mill running without the mask policy this week.
And there you have it, the strongest evidence that exists for cloth masks.....anecdotal stories.

BTW did you know that not everyone with Covid.....spreads covid. There are super spreaders that spread it to a bunch of people, and there are people that don't spread it at all (under the exact same circumstances). Or are you just learning that today?

Just in the same way some just learned this week that cloth masks aren't very effective.

Reactions: SKYDOG
What do you mean "opportunities for a failure"? What is your rationale? If a mask helps to keep your viral cloud down to a foot or two instead of 5 or 6 feet, that substantially reduces the likelihood you transmit the virus in normal public interactions.

Story time:

This scenario has happened with both our team and vendors several times over the last year and a half. Because we are serious about masking, it's had minimal impact on our operations. It's given us a commercial advantage over our completion who hasn't been so serious about it.

After covid is over, maybe you should mandate masking for the rest of your companies history? That way, you'll never have an employee take a sick day.

• Haha
You can't tell the RWNJ's to do anything that would help protect themselves and their families. They won't wear a mask and don't want the vaccine because. FREEDOM!!!!

If everyone has access to N95's then great. There is a reason they are used in the hospitals. But if you don't have that style, a cloth mask is still better than nothing.
You just don’t get it. Americans, at least those that haven’t been brainwashed by the corporate media and elites, don’t want to be told they have to do anything, they want the information and then the freedom to make the decision for their self and family, that’s all. And yes, freedom trumps any scenario you want to spout. Freedom is the foundation of this country and it takes precedent over masks and vaccines. If you don’t understand that then you really should educate yourself on world and American history.

Imagine that, someone actually coming out and telling the truth, that cloth masks are roughly 50-60% effective in stopping COVID transmission. Liberals will quickly try to make this “misinformation” probably have to delete the CNN segment from all video records.

After that, they can return to worshiping Fauci

I wonder what Joe has to say….it’s all about the Mask….it’s science.

or is it really science?? Not today.
Dont complicate matters....slow Joe is still trying to figure out who the Governor of Florida is (Governor Who?)....

Story time:

Was the guy with the rona vaccinated?

N95's are mass manufactured and widely available. Are you going to give Biden a high five now since you were unwantedly criticizing him?

I'm good with letting Darwin sort it out for those who choose to be idiots. You can't force a horse to drink water. I'm more concerned for my 1 year old that can't be vaccinated and the long term damage the unvaccinated and when necessary unmasked are doing to the economy.
I’ll give Joe Biden a high five when he sends the N95 masks out to everyone (1) with his stimulus checks or (2) when he sends them out to everyone who hasn’t been vaccinated while telling everyone who has been vaccinated that they aren’t necessary and that’s why he didn’t send them out to the smart people.

Worthless isn't the same as 50-60% effective (if that's even the case). How ridiculous.
It’s a coin flip.
Today heads👍.
Tomorrow heads 👍.
Next day Tails👎 I get the COVID.

was the 50/50 probability effective on preventing me from getting COVID (the real objective)….NOPE…Failed experiment.

Question for you, how many mask wearing people came down with COVID? My guess is at least 50%. Analysis….failed experiment.

Were masks effective at preventing the spread of COVID in December, January and February? No.

what changed the curve? Oh, the vaccine.

Grand Finale Question
If masks we so effective, why did Joe and the CDC tell people to stop wearing masks before the virus had been completely eradicated? Think of all of the people Biden and the CDC have killed by telling them not to wear masks.

Last edited:
So, let's clarify:
Are you for or against requiring voter ID? Because in this statement, you seem to agree that one has to prove their identity?
You should reread what I said. ID's prove who you are but so do the other procedures that have been used without the ID itself.

And there you have it, the strongest evidence that exists for cloth masks.....anecdotal stories.

BTW did you know that not everyone with Covid.....spreads covid. There are super spreaders that spread it to a bunch of people, and there are people that don't spread it at all (under the exact same circumstances). Or are you just learning that today?

Just in the same way some just learned this week that cloth masks aren't very effective.
That's not the strongest evidence. Just follow the science for better evidence.

"A recent study published in Health Affairs, for example, compared the COVID-19 growth rate before and after mask mandates in 15 states and the District of Columbia. It found that mask mandates led to a slowdown in daily COVID-19 growth rate, which became more apparent over time. The first five days after a mandate, the daily growth rate slowed by 0.9 percentage-points compared to the five days prior to the mandate; at three weeks, the daily growth rate had slowed by 2 percentage-points."

It’s a coin flip.
Today heads👍.
Tomorrow heads 👍.

was the 50/50 probability effective on preventing me from getting COVID (the real objective)….NOPE…Failed experiment.
50%-60% effective isn't your likelihood of getting the virus. It's 50-60% effective in removing viral particulate from being in the open air. Your coin flip example isn't a reflection of anything.
Question for you, how many mask wearing people came down with COVID? My guess is at least 50%. Analysis….failed experiment.
Your guess doesn't require analysis. My neice guesses that bird seed grows birds. It doesn't make it the case just because she sees birds around the seeds when they are spread on the ground.

Were masks effective at preventing the spread of COVID in December, January and February? No.
They were effective in reducing the spread. Idiots that refused to vaccinate and mask are perpetuating the virus now.

Grand Finale Question
If masks we so effective, why did Joe and the CDC tell people to stop wearing masks before the virus had been completely eradicated? Think of all of the people Biden and the CDC have killed by telling them not to wear masks.
People were violating mask mandates anyway. If there is at least a carrot that getting vaccinated elevates the "hassle" to wear masks constantly, that may be a good method to convince a good segment of the population to get vaccinated. It seemed to help make some progress there.

Additionally, the delta variant has started to reap high infection rates and increased hospitalizations especially in low vaccinated populations "following the science" says that we need to do something differently now to change the trajectory of the infection rates and hospitalizations. Effective mask wearing in addition to vaccinations helps reduce the transmission rates.

That's not the strongest evidence. Just follow the science for better evidence.

"A recent study published in Health Affairs, for example, compared the COVID-19 growth rate before and after mask mandates in 15 states and the District of Columbia. It found that mask mandates led to a slowdown in daily COVID-19 growth rate, which became more apparent over time. The first five days after a mandate, the daily growth rate slowed by 0.9 percentage-points compared to the five days prior to the mandate; at three weeks, the daily growth rate had slowed by 2 percentage-points."

One of your articles is From June 2020, another was mostly written in 2020.

August 2021 - Michael Osterholm (a top Covid advisor to Biden). "We know cloth masks aren't very effective against Covid".

One of your articles is From June 2020, another was mostly written in 2020.

August 2021 - Michael Osterholm (a top Covid advisor to Biden). "We know cloth masks aren't very effective against Covid".

"Osterholm has made similar comments about cloth face coverings since the beginning of the pandemic but has called for people to stop citing him as a reason to not wear a mask. He emphasized that cloth face coverings should not be used as a substitute for more effective ways to prevent spreading the virus, like social distancing, and clarified that wearing a cloth mask is better than nothing, according to the Minnesota-based outlet Bring Me The News."

Are you only listening to him when it's expedient to a point you're trying to make?

"Osterholm has made similar comments about cloth face coverings since the beginning of the pandemic but has called for people to stop citing him as a reason to not wear a mask. He emphasized that cloth face coverings should not be used as a substitute for more effective ways to prevent spreading the virus, like social distancing, and clarified that wearing a cloth mask is better than nothing, according to the Minnesota-based outlet Bring Me The News."

Are you only listening to him when it's expedient to a point you're trying to make?
Of course he isnt going to say ignore the CDC and ignore Biden. He works for Biden which makes his declaration that "We know cloth masks aren't very effective" rather extraordinary. He's gone about as far as he can go, without getting fired from his position.

What?

waiting for a liberal to explain that.
One is meant to protect you and your fellow citizens; the other to disenfranchise non-Republican voters. I was surprised at first that someone wouldn't be able to see that, until I saw you were the poster.

One is meant to protect you and your fellow citizens; the other to disenfranchise non-Republican voters. I was surprised at first that someone wouldn't be able to see that, until I saw you were the poster.
You do realize people of every race the majority are in favor of voter ID....don't you?

Even democrat leaders get that now. They have flip flopped (must have forgot to send you the memo).

Now the government not letting unvaccinated people into indoor places.....disproportionately impacts black people. And we aren't talking about an insignificant number of black people either. In a lot of cities that would mean the majority of black people aren't allowed in gyms, restaurants etc. Very surprising anyone would support that.

Last edited:
50%-60% effective isn't your likelihood of getting the virus. It's 50-60% effective in removing viral particulate from being in the open air. Your coin flip example isn't a reflection of anything.

Your guess doesn't require analysis. My neice guesses that bird seed grows birds. It doesn't make it the case just because she sees birds around the seeds when they are spread on the ground.

They were effective in reducing the spread. Idiots that refused to vaccinate and mask are perpetuating the virus now.

People were violating mask mandates anyway. If there is at least a carrot that getting vaccinated elevates the "hassle" to wear masks constantly, that may be a good method to convince a good segment of the population to get vaccinated. It seemed to help make some progress there.

Additionally, the delta variant has started to reap high infection rates and increased hospitalizations especially in low vaccinated populations "following the science" says that we need to do something differently now to change the trajectory of the infection rates and hospitalizations. Effective mask wearing in addition to vaccinations helps reduce the transmission rates.
How does a mask reduce transmission rates for vaccinated individuals? And if you find a study that somehow suggests it, then why do I need to start wearing a mask now, versus two weeks ago? The delta variant could have been in the environment two weeks ago, but why would I need to wear a mask today if I’m vaccinated.

There is no science for “vaccinated + mask”

I wouldn’t call something that is 50% effective as “being effective”.
You are 18 years old and are about to get laid. The girl says, "I'm ovulating, there's a high probability I'll get pregnant if we do this... but I can take this pill which will reduce that chance by 50%... or we can do nothing and take our chances?"

Do you:
- abstain altogether (YOU'RE SCARED AND LIVE IN YOUR CLOSET!!)
- have her take the pill (IT'S NOT "EFFECTIVE ENOUGH"... FREEEEEEDOM!!!)
- do her.

Hmmmmm...

Reactions: TheGunner
How does a mask reduce transmission rates for vaccinated individuals? And if you find a study that somehow suggests it, then why do I need to start wearing a mask now, versus two weeks ago? The delta variant could have been in the environment two weeks ago, but why would I need to wear a mask today if I’m vaccinated.

There is no science for “vaccinated + mask”
There is a study that suggests that vaccinated people transmit Delta. It's what the CDC based their new reports on. It was a very narrow study associated with a hyperlocal outbreak, so it is likely flawed, but there is evidence out there. Further, it's been suggested (no, I don't know if there are studies) that D results in a higher viral load, even in vaccinated individuals, which would suggest that any respiratory droplets from those individuals would also have a higher viral load and possibly be able to cause infection.

I'm not wearing masks anywhere it isn't required, but I'm also not going to get up in arms about people asking me to wear masks. DOD requires it, so I'm masking at work... and that's literally the only place I'm forced to wear one. My business has a mask mandate, but that's my and my wife's choice to help control the spread amongst the unvaccinated children (and in line with state and county school requirements).

There is a study that suggests that vaccinated people transmit Delta. It's what the CDC based their new reports on. It was a very narrow study associated with a hyperlocal outbreak, so it is likely flawed, but there is evidence out there. Further, it's been suggested (no, I don't know if there are studies) that D results in a higher viral load, even in vaccinated individuals, which would suggest that any respiratory droplets from those individuals would also have a higher viral load and possibly be able to cause infection.

I'm not wearing masks anywhere it isn't required, but I'm also not going to get up in arms about people asking me to wear masks. DOD requires it, so I'm masking at work... and that's literally the only place I'm forced to wear one. My business has a mask mandate, but that's my and my wife's choice to help control the spread amongst the unvaccinated children (and in line with state and county school requirements).
I’ll wear a mask if all grocery stores require it or I’m flying. (Aka no choice)

I’m not going to a restaurant if they require it, because masks are dumb.

as I have said before, I’m vaccinated and wore a mask prior to my vaccine, because I “had to”. If people today aren’t vaccinated, they’re on their own, I’m not masking up to prevent me spreading it to someone else. Go get vaccinated or face Darwin.

Reactions: gr8indoorsman
I’ll wear a mask if all grocery stores require it or I’m flying. (Aka no choice)

as I have said before, I’m vaccinated and wore a mask prior to my vaccine, because I “had to”. If people today aren’t vaccinated, they’re on their own, I’m not masking up to prevent me spreading it to someone else. Go get vaccinated or face Darwin.
I agree… except with kids. And that’s what our business deals with. 400 kids.

While I don't necessarily have a problem with the sentiment that dumb people who won't get vaccinated are on their own, the problem is that it also endangers people who CAN'T get vaccinated, even if they want to. Gr8 mentioned kids as one population that, at least currently, fits this description, and your response to that seems to imply that you're ok with protecting kids until such time as they can be vaccinated. But there are also adults who, for medical reasons, we can't vaccinate. I guess I'd just rather do my part to protect vulnerable people even if that means also protecting dumb people. That's the whole point of herd immunity to begin with, that enough people are immune to something that those who CAN'T become immune are also protected by the fact that the disease has nowhere to spread to.

While I don't necessarily have a problem with the sentiment that dumb people who won't get vaccinated are on their own, the problem is that it also endangers people who CAN'T get vaccinated, even if they want to. Gr8 mentioned kids as one population that, at least currently, fits this description, and your response to that seems to imply that you're ok with protecting kids until such time as they can be vaccinated. But there are also adults who, for medical reasons, we can't vaccinate. I guess I'd just rather do my part to protect vulnerable people even if that means also protecting dumb people. That's the whole point of herd immunity to begin with, that enough people are immune to something that those who CAN'T become immune are also protected by the fact that the disease has nowhere to spread to.
It’s also affecting hospitals again, where you have hundreds of beds occupied by preventable severe COVID cases when others aren’t able to get adequate care because of it.

That’s why I bristle when dumb shits talk about “my choice to get vaccinated or not doesn’t affect you.” Well, yeah, it can and in some places, it is.

Reactions: Droid12345
If you want to protect kids you should focus on:

1) no more riding in cars
2) no more swimming
3) keep them socially distanced from everyone else.....so they don't get the flu.
4) keep drugs away from them

And a few more things, then we will get to the risk kids have faced from covid. They are safer than a huge chunk of vaccinated adults.

This country has lost its ability to evaluate risk, and to understand we don't live in a zero risk society. And fwiw, I am vaccinated. But kids are at extremely low risk.

Actual scientist, not biased government hacks who are receiving grant funding from Fauci, I mean China, will tell you that universal vaccinations of a leaky vaccine, which this is, is actually anti science and creates a more dangerous pathogen. Universal vaccination forces the virus to mutate to adapt to the vaccine, which then creates an even more lethal virus. People who are healthy and not in the highly susceptible age ranges should not get vaccinated. Viruses don’t want to kill their host, they want to spread to as many hosts as possible. People who are susceptible should get vaccinated but for the rest of us, we should be focusing on boosting our immune systems and being healthy. That is far and away the best defense against this disease.

• Haha
Reactions: jdevers1
Actual scientist, not biased government hacks who are receiving grant funding from Fauci, I mean China, will tell you that universal vaccinations of a leaky vaccine, which this is, is actually anti science and creates a more dangerous pathogen. Universal vaccination forces the virus to mutate to adapt to the vaccine, which then creates an even more lethal virus. People who are healthy and not in the highly susceptible age ranges should not get vaccinated. Viruses don’t want to kill their host, they want to spread to as many hosts as possible. People who are susceptible should get vaccinated but for the rest of us, we should be focusing on boosting our immune systems and being healthy. That is far and away the best defense against this disease.
Mike Lindell has all the answers to Covid stuffed in some pillows, right jr?

If you want to protect kids you should focus on:

1) no more riding in cars
2) no more swimming
3) keep them socially distanced from everyone else.....so they don't get the flu.
4) keep drugs away from them

And a few more things, then we will get to the risk kids have faced from covid. They are safer than a huge chunk of vaccinated adults.

This country has lost its ability to evaluate risk, and to understand we don't live in a zero risk society. And fwiw, I am vaccinated. But kids are at extremely low risk.
My point in bringing up kids was that Gunner seemed to regard Gr8’s gym mask policy as acceptable as it is intended to protect kids who can’t be vaccinated, but doesn’t seem willing to wear a mask to protect adults who can’t be vaccinated.

As to your list, if you want to protect kids, you should focus on having them never leave the house and shore up any safety hazards in the house. But we can’t do that, right? The point isn’t about eliminating all risk, but about mitigating it. Wearing a mask, in this case, would be analogous to wearing a seatbelt in a car or floaties in a pool, or keeping sick kids home from school so they don’t get others sick. When we recognize something has an element of risk, we tend to find ways to make it safer even if we know we can’t get that risk to zero. We make cars and pools safer as we learn ways to do so. This is no different.

Also, just because other risks exist, even if those risks are greater, doesn’t mean we should ignore this one. That’s like asking why we’re spending all this money researching a cure for cancer when heart disease kills more people.

Republican hypocrisy - No vaccine passport to enter a restaurant, but an ID to vote.
If you don’t understand the fundamental difference between those two scenarios and how they apply to our constitution, you need to go back and get an education

• Haha
Reactions: jdevers1
As to your list, if you want to protect kids, you should focus on having them never leave the house and shore up any safety hazards in the house. But we can’t do that, right? The point isn’t about eliminating all risk, but about mitigating it. Wearing a mask, in this case, would be analogous to wearing a seatbelt in a car or floaties in a pool, or keeping sick kids home from school so they don’t get others sick.
One of Biden's top Covid advisors said just this week....."we know cloth masks aren't very effective."

Don't think he would say that about seat belts. Kind of a silly comparison.

One of Biden's top Covid advisors said just this week....."we know cloth masks aren't very effective."

Nice try to convolute that comparison. It is absolutely accurate.

It’s a coin flip.
Today heads👍.
Tomorrow heads 👍.

Grand Finale Question
That was before the surge in the delta variant. New information prompted a change in the plan.

The argument about the effectiveness of cloth masks not withstanding (and boilersteel has pointed out that even Osterholm has said they’re better than nothing), cloth masks are not the only option. So, even if I were to stipulate that cloth masks were completely useless, the same cannot be said of N95s. So, if your position is that you're not going to wear a cloth mask because it's not effective, are you committing to wearing an N95?

And regarding cloth masks, would you not wear a belt-only seatbelt because it’s less effective than a three-point one?

Last edited:
You just don’t get it. Americans, at least those that haven’t been brainwashed by the corporate media and elites, don’t want to be told they have to do anything, they want the information and then the freedom to make the decision for their self and family, that’s all. And yes, freedom trumps any scenario you want to spout. Freedom is the foundation of this country and it takes precedent over masks and vaccines. If you don’t understand that then you really should educate yourself on world and American history.
Public health takes priority over individual health. I want to drink and drive.........but because I stand a better chance of killing someone when I do, the government has made it against the law. The public comes before the individual.

You had to get shots to go to school. My son just had to show vaccination records before he can go to college.

Masks lol. Yeah, they're a pain in the ass. How badly do they restrict your freedom? 7-11 is restricting your freedom because you have to put on a freaking shirt. Protest that. Your second amendment rights are being violated when a restaurant wont let you bring your sidearm in for dinner. Protest that. The homeowner's association is taking away your freedom to paint your house pink. Protest that.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT