ADVERTISEMENT

Demarcus Mitchell injury

ImRonBurgandy?

All-American
Aug 14, 2008
not getting the feeling he'll play this weekend. I've mentioned this before on other threads, but he has been our overall best defensive player. His combination of size and speed is something im not even sure we've ever had. Hopefully, we have him back for Nebraska.

Reactions: purduepat1969
not getting the feeling he'll play this weekend. I've mentioned this before on other threads, but he has been our overall best defensive player. His combination of size and speed is something im not even sure we've ever had. Hopefully, we have him back for Nebraska.

Yeah, agreed, he's probably been our best overall defensive player...sucks to the nth power.

Doesn't look good as apparently his big toe got mangled pretty good in his bicycle chain...which also makes you ask what the hell he was doing riding his bike barefoot in November?

Oh you know, just another one of the Boilers' best players going down. All injuries suck and all teams have to deal with it but the percentage of them being to our best players over the last season and a half have been uncanny.

karlaftis and it’s not close ... I’ll buy second best though

Mangled in a bicycle chain? For real?
Kind of makes me wonder about Brohm's comment that his injury is similar to George's. Is there a barefoot cycling club for Purdue football players? o_O

Brohm was referring to Watts. Bike accident is news to me. Where did u hear that?

Reactions: FirstDownB
A toe wrapped in a bike chain in November. I wonder how many times I’ve said “WTF” in my life from weird things related to Purdue sports.

Reactions: delarno
Mangled in a bicycle chain? For real?
Kind of makes me wonder about Brohm's comment that his injury is similar to George's. Is there a barefoot cycling club for Purdue football players? o_O

Someone shared it, IIRC, via GK's Instagram pic / caption. I don't do Twitter or IG so cannot link it.

I don't remember seeing Mitchell at all in the Minn game but someone said he tried giving it a shot on the first series before realizing it simply wouldn't work. Sounds painful as hell.

I know injuries happen. But for crying out loud, I've never seen a team with more injuries to key players. Is it bad luck? Or are our players making bad choices, or are we doing things in practice we shouldn't?

I know injuries happen. But for crying out loud, I've never seen a team with more injuries to key players. Is it bad luck? Or are our players making bad choices, or are we doing things in practice we shouldn't?
I imagine having an official coaching policy of every position being open and going to the best current player has two effects. One, it causes players to exert themselves more and improve during practice, and two, this also leads to more injuries because players cannot slackoff and still be expected to automatically play. And players may play harder also in games because of this.

Anyone know the status of Steve Faucheaux, Dontay Hunter or Jeff Marks? I don’t think I’ve noticed any of them on the field this year. Is it injuries, or are they just not there yet to make the 2 deeps?

Someone shared it, IIRC, via GK's Instagram pic / caption. I don't do Twitter or IG so cannot link it.

I don't remember seeing Mitchell at all in the Minn game but someone said he tried giving it a shot on the first series before realizing it simply wouldn't work. Sounds painful as hell.
don't remember seeing Garrett Miller in that game too.

Anyone know the status of Steve Faucheaux, Dontay Hunter or Jeff Marks? I don’t think I’ve noticed any of them on the field this year. Is it injuries, or are they just not there yet to make the 2 deeps?
Faucheux is behind Neal, Watts and Johnson. Marks fell out of favor last year and Hunter switched to OLB. My guess is he is still learning.

don't remember seeing Garrett Miller in that game too.
I saw Miller play one snap. He was on the right side of the line alongside Durham. It was when we were driving left to right for whatever that's worth. Don't recall what happened on the play.

Faucheux is behind Neal, Watts and Johnson. Marks fell out of favor last year and Hunter switched to OLB. My guess is he is still learning.

hunter is Mitchell’s position? Also ... isn’t it

NT
Neal
Johnson

then Austin is in that group?

DE (basically 4-3 DT/not George’s position)
watts

Then faucheux is in that position somewhrr

Austin isn’t playing. Watts was playing nose too. Played some 5 technique when we needed to stop the run.

faucheux I think should be similar to watts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT