ADVERTISEMENT

Dayum. Hunter and IT brought it.

Not going to attend the IT and Hunter parade until their solid play is a pattern/common denominator...
I will be at the parade, but I'm packing an umbrella.. Objectively speaking, Iowa and Northwestern are near the bottom of the conference in defense. If guard play can continue close to this level against the teams in the upper half, this team is on its way to #25 and a deep tourney run. Maybe the last 2 games will be a much needed confidence boost. Fortunately, there is an opportunity to build up a little run of confidence going into Feb 8, which is the next "good" defense on the schedule.

Yeah you really were. But okay, maybe you should work on learning what context means in to your day today eh?
Is it ever OK to provide criticism, opinion or feedback on a player that's not 100% positive?

Why is it that if you point out a players flaws or something they do poorly, that you're 'crapping' or 'bashing' them?

Reactions: BoilerDeac
Is it ever OK to provide criticism, opinion or feedback on a player that's not 100% positive?

Why is it that if you point out a players flaws or something they do poorly, that you're 'crapping' or 'bashing' them?
Sure it is. It's how you do it that matters. When you slam players and say they aren't B1G level or wouldn't start on a DIV2 team when it clearly isn't the case or any of the other over the top comments, that is the problem.

IT and Hunter have caught a lot of grief on here, so getting called on all that grief now is exceptionally warranted. If you're going to post things about them, you better be prepared to deal with the blowback. Something you still apparently need to learn to do yet.

Hunter 2/3 (1/3 from 3)
IT 6/8, 4/6 from 3 (he can't play against B1G teams, remember)

Who are the critics going to sh*t on this week?

I know... Sasha was only 4/9 from 3. Sit his @ss on the bench.

Or, maybe... Gillis "disappeared" tonight.

Just trying to get ahead of the curve, before the critics start chirpin'.

Help me out here, Boiler brothers....
Fire Painter. What idiot would do that.

Sure it is. It's how you do it that matters. When you slam players and say they aren't B1G level or wouldn't start on a DIV2 team when it clearly isn't the case or any of the other over the top comments, that is the problem.

IT and Hunter have caught a lot of grief on here, so getting called on all that grief now is exceptionally warranted. If you're going to post things about them, you better be prepared to deal with the blowback. Something you still apparently need to learn to do yet.
Just for clarification. I said they SHOULD be starting for D2 teams.

And just so I'm clear, is it OK to criticize the next time IT has a 0-6 game from 3?

They guy had a great game. I'm happy for him. Is he a different player from when he was 2-18?
Is Phinese suddenly iu's go to scorer because he had a career game vs Purdue?
Good grief, dude. There's no amount of logic that will sway you from your emotional position.

IT is shooting .425 from 3 this year. He was a shade under .400 last year, and he's improved every.single.year.

He went through a stretch in which the numbers had to reverse, and they did (are?).

It's akin to water finding it's level. It's like flipping heads 20 straight times. It doesn't mean your chances of tails increases, it simply means the number of tails will eventually even out.

A vocal minority have crapped on those two for quite some time, especially IT.

Hunter 2/3 (1/3 from 3)
IT 6/8, 4/6 from 3 (he can't play against B1G teams, remember)

Who are the critics going to sh*t on this week?

I know... Sasha was only 4/9 from 3. Sit his @ss on the bench.

Or, maybe... Gillis "disappeared" tonight.

Just trying to get ahead of the curve, before the critics start chirpin'.

Help me out here, Boiler brothers....
Your list looks complete.
On a observation note: Either Iowa’s D was slow or our passing for open look 3’s was crisp. Either way, we came out ahead. I’m leaning to slow D.
Good road win!

Good grief, dude. There's no amount of logic that will sway you from your emotional position.

IT is shooting .425 from 3 this year. He was a shade under .400 last year, and he's improved every.single.year.

He went through a stretch in which the numbers had to reverse, and they did (are?).

It's akin to water finding it's level. It's like flipping heads 20 straight times. It doesn't mean your chances of tails increases, it simply means the number of tails will eventually even out.

A vocal minority have crapped on those two for quite some time, especially IT.
I've always said IT was a solid 3 point shooter and that was his greatest asset/value to the team A guy that can hit spot up 3s when he's open. If you've followed any of my comments on him, you'd find that.

What's telling is that you feel the need to. Especially a .425 3 point shooter.
I don't criticize his 3 pt shooting, I've always said he was a good 3 pt shooter. But, when he's not hitting from 3 or in a 2-18 slump like he was, his contributions are minimal. He had the best game of his career last night. I'm happy for him. Let's see how he does when we face a D that has good, physical on ball defenders.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
I don't criticize his 3 pt shooting, I've always said he was a good 3 pt shooter. But, when he's not hitting from 3 or in a 2-18 slump like he was, his contributions are minimal. He had the best game of his career last night. I'm happy for him. Let's see how he does when we face a D that has good, physical on ball defenders.

And just so I'm clear, is it OK to criticize the next time IT has a 0-6 game from 3?
Again, I’ll ask, what does IT do well?
score? No
Rebound? No
Defend? No
Create for others? No
Penetrate? No

what he does is hang around the 3 pt line hoping he gets an open 3 Pt look. But in B10 play, he’s shooting around 17% from 3. So, he doesn’t do that well either.

Last edited:
Reactions: PurdueDave
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT