ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell

UW is a great campus with its lakes and nightlife both near the campus. I noticed growing up UW had a lot more rock concerts of headliner groups than Purdue had. It's students also consumed more beverages.
The concert issue is largely due to MTV and STP doing a show a number of years ago that ended up causing something like $15-25k in damages. However, the Purdue Student Concert Committee has been getting some good stuff over the last few years.

I am not sure if this has already been posted but I came across this article this afternoon. The article says, "Bell already has his official visits scheduled to Penn State (Sept. 29) and Purdue (Nov. 3)." We host Iowa on NOV 3rd. That is kind of a double edge sword. It is obviously a good thing if beat Iowa during his visit. It makes us look that much better than Iowa; however, I am not crazy about the fact that he is also getting another free look another team who is recruiting him. We need to stomp the ever lov'in S#@t out of them!

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...avid-bell-tyler-goodson-logan-lee/1083297002/

Did I see Bell win the game with a catch and run TD inside a minute remaining? It was on a TV far away from me at a bar.

Did I see Bell win the game with a catch and run TD inside a minute remaining? It was on a TV far away from me at a bar.

Your eyes did not deceive you. Bell looked like an elite prospect. It would be a very big win for Purdue if they land him. He doesn't complain when he doesn't get the ball and shines when he does. He is just a winner.

That means Trinity is 0-2 this year after a 30 game win streak the last few years. Granted they played two very tough teams. Another note, they don't have Rondale Moore anymore.

UW is a great campus with its lakes and nightlife both near the campus. I noticed growing up UW had a lot more rock concerts of headliner groups than Purdue had. It's students also consumed more beverages.
It is called Madtown for a reason. The school annually is top rated 1 to 3 in mags and other rating sources for partying. We need liquid antifreeze substitutes for the long winters up here. Southern Cal will always remember the Rose Bowl that Wisky returned to for the first time in 30 + years. Bars were scrambling to keep beer on hand as numerous establishments went dry in Century Plaza and other areas those Badger fans congregated. That is a true story.

David had 123 yards receiving and 2 TD catches as his team beat Trinity on Friday.

Wandale Robinson had 108 yards rushing and 2 TDs, 3 catches for 121 yards and 2 TDs and a 63 yard punt return for a TD

Those 2 would add tremendous talent to our offense with Moore.

David had 123 yards receiving and 2 TD catches as his team beat Trinity on Friday.

Wandale Robinson had 108 yards rushing and 2 TDs, 3 catches for 121 yards and 2 TDs and a 63 yard punt return for a TD

Those 2 would add tremendous talent to our offense with Moore.

If Purdue lands Bell, Robinson, and Weaver I am saying right now, they make a final four. Way too much talent all over and four years to develop it all together. Robinson is a ridiculous talent and having him with Bell and Moore on the field at the same time means they won't be able to double them all. The numbers would be insane. Couple that with arguably Purdue's best defensive class ever? I would say it would be the best shot Purdue has had at a title in recent memory.

I also think that would be a very very hard situation for Brohm to walk away from. He has everything he needs right here at a school.

Side note, I think Purdue is the only school recruiting him as an RB, though he would also be catching a lot of passes too. I think Purdue absolutely gives him the most touches.

Reactions: Gary Boiler
It is called Madtown for a reason. The school annually is top rated 1 to 3 in mags and other rating sources for partying. We need liquid antifreeze substitutes for the long winters up here. Southern Cal will always remember the Rose Bowl that Wisky returned to for the first time in 30 + years. Bars were scrambling to keep beer on hand as numerous establishments went dry in Century Plaza and other areas those Badger fans congregated. That is a true story.

That’s truly something to be proud of.

If Purdue lands Bell, Robinson, and Weaver I am saying right now, they make a final four. Way too much talent all over and four years to develop it all together. Robinson is a ridiculous talent and having him with Bell and Moore on the field at the same time means they won't be able to double them all. The numbers would be insane. Couple that with arguably Purdue's best defensive class ever? I would say it would be the best shot Purdue has had at a title in recent memory.

I also think that would be a very very hard situation for Brohm to walk away from. He has everything he needs right here at a school.

Side note, I think Purdue is the only school recruiting him as an RB, though he would also be catching a lot of passes too. I think Purdue absolutely gives him the most touches.

Championships are won with studs in the trenches. To have the quality depth of a championship caliber team we must have 2-3 consecutive Top 25 classes.

Reactions: ChuckJr
Championships are won with studs in the trenches. To have the quality depth of a championship caliber team we must have 2-3 consecutive Top 25 classes.

UCF says hello.

I absolutely stand by my statement that if Purdue lands those guys they go to a final four. Yes... it is important to follow up a successful class with more successful classes. However, that class is going to win and win a bunch. More top recruits will follow. My comment is more towards the guys we have and have targeted are the right guys. There are only maybe 2-3 positions that have questionmarks going forward. It's a very complete class. Land the guys I mentioned and it becomes even better. Robinson and Weaver are going to be absolute monsters that will play above their rankings and they are both very highly rated.

I am not sure if this has already been posted but I came across this article this afternoon. The article says, "Bell already has his official visits scheduled to Penn State (Sept. 29) and Purdue (Nov. 3)." We host Iowa on NOV 3rd. That is kind of a double edge sword. It is obviously a good thing if beat Iowa during his visit. It makes us look that much better than Iowa; however, I am not crazy about the fact that he is also getting another free look another team who is recruiting him. We need to stomp the ever lov'in S#@t out of them!

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...avid-bell-tyler-goodson-logan-lee/1083297002/
Brohm just needs to show Bell last years Iowa game tape. "Hey, you want to play receiver and make big plays downfield? Here, watch this game"

Reactions: LonestarBoilerFan
I just watched the video of that game winning TD pass from George to Bell. That was a gutsy throw. Bell crossed inside the slot and and CB was no where to be seen, but there were 2 LB's and the Safety right there within a few steps with at least 3 other defenders a couple more steps away. Great run after the catch. Who wouldn't want this kid? I want him in Gold and Black!

This 247Sports PSU article has the video within it.
https://247sports.com/college/penn-...-Devyn-Ford-David-Bell-120842688/#120842688_1

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Brohm is the best recruiter in Kentucky right now-and there's some talent down there over the next 2-3 years. If he nags Bell he's essentially locking down Indiana as well where other schools have traditionally cherry picked the state.
If Brohm can show he can recruit well consistently at Purdue, he'll be here for awhile. This is definitely a big year to build towards that.

Bell shined in Warren Central's 58-27 win over North Central. Jayden George had a helluva game as well; 20-29 427yds 7TDs

"Bell finished with 10 catches and 230 yards receiving along with three touchdowns and several rousing acrobatic displays of dominance."

"Bell put on a clinic with a 37-yard one-handed reception in the second quarter and later dazzled with a 65-yard catch on a fake-punt play with the Warriors facing fourth-and-11 from their own 32."

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...warren-central-past-north-central/1120205002/

Bell shined in Warren Central's 58-27 win over North Central. Jayden George had a helluva game as well; 20-29 427yds 7TDs

"Bell finished with 10 catches and 230 yards receiving along with three touchdowns and several rousing acrobatic displays of dominance."

"Bell put on a clinic with a 37-yard one-handed reception in the second quarter and later dazzled with a 65-yard catch on a fake-punt play with the Warriors facing fourth-and-11 from their own 32."

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...warren-central-past-north-central/1120205002/
Thanks for the update. After seeing Moore on Thursday night, we would just be unbelievable with Bell and Robinson in Brohm's offense Those three would make our offense look like a video game out there.

Reactions: Boiler-4-life
Purdue commit TJ Sheffield had a great game this past weekend as well with 9 receptions for 181yds, 37 yards rushing, and added a 98yd kick return for a TD. He had 4 total TD's! He should be impressive as well.
From what I have seen and heard, Sheffield is every bit as athletic as Moore is. Sheffield was a huge get for Purdue...adding Bell and Robinson would literally show opposing programs that Purdue is going to throw some points up and you’d better be ready to score 40 to win.

If that happens, don’t be surprised if a big time QB recruit steps foot on campus in the 2020 or 2021 class.

From what I have seen and heard, Sheffield is every bit as athletic as Moore is. Sheffield was a huge get for Purdue...adding Bell and Robinson would literally show opposing programs that Purdue is going to throw some points up and you’d better be ready to score 40 to win.

If that happens, don’t be surprised if a big time QB recruit steps foot on campus in the 2020 or 2021 class.
I know you are referring to someone committing to us for 2020 or 2021, but visit wise we were supposed to have a big time 2020 QB recruit on campus for the NW game. Who was that?

Van Dyke?
According to 247, here are the QB's that have some level of interest:
Harrison Bailey, Marietta, GA: 6'4 217 3 *

Evan Prater, Cincinnati, OH: 6'5 185 3 *

Kody Sparks, Fishers, IN: 6'5 210 3 *

Preston Stone, Dallas, TX: 6'2 185 5 * (National 6)

Last edited:
I know you are referring to someone committing to us for 2020 or 2021, but visit wise we were supposed to have a big time 2020 QB recruit on campus for the NW game. Who was that?
With the game being a Thursday night game, I would think the only prospect who lives close enough to attend without taking time off school would be Kody Sparks. I guess maybe Prater but Cincy is a long drive for a school night.

Tyler Van Dyke 15th ranked 2020' Pro-Style QB took unofficial visit to PU vs NW game last thurs. Suffield Academy, CT-6'4 215

Warren Central (6-0): Warren Central rolled to a 59-7 win over Pike as Jayden George was 10-for-13 for 144 yards and four touchdowns through the air. David Bell (nine catches, 136 yards and two TDs) and Romeir Elliott (122 rushing yards, one TD) also had big games. The Warriors host Lawrence North on Friday.

I'm totally convinced the beauty of a campus is as big of a factor in a recruit's decision as posts on this board. If either actually is a deterring factor, I'll drink a bottle of PBR .

I agree. The campus has between zero and nothing to do with a recruits decision. If it did, all a coach would have to do is walk a recruit around the Univ of Miami campus, followed by lunch at South Beach and PRESTO, instant commitment!
iu fans like their campus because they can hang out with the other degenerates in Dunn meadow and have a drum circle to save the polar bears.

One winning season in 20 years, and the last one was 10 years ago. Can IU just stop pretending they have a football team?

IU will struggle to have a winning season now that Purdue is out of The Haze and is recruiting the state much better.

Brady loves Purdue. Brohm has a '19 class that he should stick around at least to see them through. It's a potential Big Ten championship caliber class. If he sticks around, his son will be in high school and might as well stick around at that point right? Then stay here so he can go to college. I'm all for the 8 year plan and building us to a regular national title contender.

After watching the Gold n Black insiders show on BTN, I'm starting to believe the Brohm is a little bit of a different guy. Hell, he drives like a 2005 Honda which is such a beater, most students wouldn't drive it.
I'm also convinced that if money is the issue, MBob will make it not an issue to keep him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT