ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell

What a huge mistake it would be for David Bell to pick Iowa over Purdue. I’m not sure why any big time WR would ever choose Iowa. Purdue with Brohm’s offense is the PERFECT landing spot for Bell.
I agree. I’m really happy we got Anderson, Taylor & Moore last year. That will certainly help the lessen the blow if we don’t land more WR’s in this class. I think each one of these young men will contribute quite a bit this year. Taylor is the closest player we’ve seen to Kyle Ingraham/John Standeford/Chris Daniels since their departure. Moore is the closest player we’ve seen since Vinnie Sutherland/Dorian Bryant. Amad Anderson Jr. has a chance to be truly special if he carries his confidence over from high school, he has Stubblefield hands and blinding speed.

Reactions: Nerdberts
What a huge mistake it would be for David Bell to pick Iowa over Purdue. I’m not sure why any big time WR would ever choose Iowa. Purdue with Brohm’s offense is the PERFECT landing spot for Bell.
I can't read the premium article on the update with David Bell from Atlanta today. Was it saying that Iowa is the leader now?

I can't read the premium article on the update with David Bell from Atlanta today. Was it saying that Iowa is the leader now?

He had a tweet or something I guess all of his final 5 are equal. Wont make a decision until after the season.

I would love to get David Bell, but if he sticks to what he has said in the past he will not commit until the end of his season. Brohm could have a commitment from any combination of Wright, Robinson, and Sheffield by then. I am not saying you turn David Bell away because we all want him here. I am just saying the stable could be mighty full by the time he makes up his mind.

Reactions: IUinKY
I would love to get David Bell, but if he sticks to what he has said in the past he will not commit until the end of his season. Brohm could have a commitment from any combination of Wright, Robinson, and Sheffield by then. I am not saying you turn David Bell away because we all want him here. I am just saying the stable could be mighty full by the time he makes up his mind.
Sheffield is one name that has been quiet for a little while now. Has anyone heard anything new on him lately?

I don't know what the premium content said, but I like Purdue's chances. The funny thing is that before Brohm got here, we had no shot at guys like Karliftas, Grant, and Rice but we already got them committed. Then we are in the mix with some other 4 star players. After Tiller left, Purdue lost everything it had built and it was driven through the ground by the prior AD and The Haze. Repairing that Bridge takes time, but Brohm has done an incredible job.

Bell goes to Warren, like Britt. He is also friends with Tracy (the really good WR from Indiana). Iowa built a pipeline to Indiana and that has to stop going forward.

Of the group, IU would be the most surprising. I have heard the least about Penn State (with his comments, tweets, or articles), so unless they ramp up their game, they might drop out. OSU wants to take 4 WRs in the class and they are targeting a lot of the best incoming recievers. Then there is us. Purdue has been steady on him and Brohm made him a top target. Karliftas is constantly tweeting and retweeting him. Karliftas has made this class possible. He should go down as one of the greatest Boilers in history for what he can do for this program.

My guess is that Purdue, OSU, and Iowa are in the lead. I am also guessing he wants to see how the season shakes out and wants to make for darn sure if he picks Purdue there is no risk of Brohm leaving.

Last edited:
Purdue is in pretty good shape with Bell he just said many of his buddy's go to Iowa and Purdue so he is visiting Purdue for the Iowa game 11.3.

Monster game

When he sees Iowa run the ball 39 times and throw it 24 times, with half of those passes going to backs and TEs, that will make up his mind on Iowa.

Nope. All teams are equal

Maybe he said that, but I struggle to think that IU would make any sense. Bell almost never talks about Penn State either. I would think he could give a top 3 if he had to and I am guessing it would be Purdue, Ohio State, and Iowa. It's all guessing of course, but Purdue and Ohio state get most of the love he gives on Twitter.

Reactions: Purdue11
Especially Brees. He helped with recruits last year during the Minnesota game
It does help considerably that Drew's wife (Brittany) is from Syracuse, IN a mere 2 hr and 15 minute ride to West Lafayette. I'm thinking that Purdue full time pilots take care of Drew and his family while in town. I.E. no 2 hr 15 min car rides are needed.

Bell retweeted this article so I believe it's legitimate. Writer comments at the end that he gets the feeling it's between Purdue and IU

Unfortunately he retweeted some IU crap calling us Lil bro too..

I keep thinking IU makes no sense for him to even consider. Zero exposure there.

Bell retweeted this article so I believe it's legitimate. Writer comments at the end that he gets the feeling it's between Purdue and IU

If that would be true, and it is truly between IU and Purdue, then it should be a pretty obvious choice, Purdue.

Not trying to excite the trolls or be biased, but we have one of the best offensive minded coaches in the country, if not the best. Brohm will create an offense around you. You have QBs that can get you the ball and our offense is built on throwing the ball. Our program is one of the most up and coming programs in the country.

Sure, IU can build their offense around him too, but you have to have QBs to do that, which I have not seen them have lately. Their coach is more defensive minded. You can make the argument I guess of whether Brohm would be there for all 4 years. I think the contract extension and football complex shows our commitment to him and to the football program.

If they played like they played last year, you could make the argument that their coach won’t be there in 4 years.

If that would be true, and it is truly between IU and Purdue, then it should be a pretty obvious choice, Purdue.

Not trying to excite the trolls or be biased, but we have one of the best offensive minded coaches in the country, if not the best. Brohm will create an offense around you. You have QBs that can get you the ball and our offense is built on throwing the ball. Our program is one of the most up and coming programs in the country.

Sure, IU can build their offense around him too, but you have to have QBs to do that, which I have not seen them have lately. Their coach is more defensive minded. You can make the argument I guess of whether Brohm would be there for all 4 years. I think the contract extension and football complex shows our commitment to him and to the football program.

If they played like they played last year, you could make the argument that their coach won’t be there in 4 years.
Yeah but the IU campus is beautiful, a major factor for football players, and Brohm will be gone in a year, max. Can’t you look at it from the IU fan’s perspective?

Yeah but the IU campus is beautiful, a major factor for football players, and Brohm will be gone in a year, max. Can’t you look at it from the IU fan’s perspective?
Why will Brohm be gone in a year? Maybe he likes it here and with limited pressure.

He won’t, but the IU fans have to keep that little shred of hope alive.

Yep, CJB will run a train over IU until he leaves Purdue so IU has to hope he leaves ASAP. Or hope they don't rip their shoulders out of their sockets reversing their jackets too quickly.

Reactions: TheGunner
He won’t, but the IU fans have to keep that little shred of hope alive.

One winning season in 20 years, and the last one was 10 years ago. Can IU just stop pretending they have a football team?

IU will struggle to have a winning season now that Purdue is out of The Haze and is recruiting the state much better.

Brady loves Purdue. Brohm has a '19 class that he should stick around at least to see them through. It's a potential Big Ten championship caliber class. If he sticks around, his son will be in high school and might as well stick around at that point right? Then stay here so he can go to college. I'm all for the 8 year plan and building us to a regular national title contender.

One winning season in 20 years, and the last one was 10 years ago. Can IU just stop pretending they have a football team?

IU will struggle to have a winning season now that Purdue is out of The Haze and is recruiting the state much better.

Brady loves Purdue. Brohm has a '19 class that he should stick around at least to see them through. It's a potential Big Ten championship caliber class. If he sticks around, his son will be in high school and might as well stick around at that point right? Then stay here so he can go to college. I'm all for the 8 year plan and building us to a regular national title contender.
IU does have a football team. It is just in South Bend.

Purdue’s campus is beautiful. See, I can make subjective statements too.

Reactions: ejs1111
Purdue’s campus is beautiful. See, I can make subjective statements too.
Work with me here, I’m mocking some (many, most?) IU fans that think a high school recruit places a lot of emphasis on the appearance of the campus, as well as just knowing that Brohm won’t stick around at Purdue. Yeah, IU has a pretty campus, some parts of it anyway. Gray limestone in late fall or winter on an overcast day when all the leaves and flowers are gone is not the most attractive scenery. And I won’t claim that Purdue is a beautiful campus, but anyone that has been there in the last few years and seen some of the concrete torn out and landscaping added in many areas can concede that it is much more attractive than 20 years ago. Unless of course you’re going in with crimson stained glasses.

Not to mention all of the buzz and energy around each program right now.

I'm totally convinced the beauty of a campus is as big of a factor in a recruit's decision as posts on this board. If either actually is a deterring factor, I'll drink a bottle of PBR .

Ranking prettiest campus is always subjective. Kind of like which girl in your Chem 101 class looked hottest wearing goggles during an experiment.

People always tell me that UW-Madison is the best B1G campus but I always think its too spread out and difficult to walk.Same problem w/OSU

I always liked PU because it is compact and easy for pedestrians to navigate. Rutgers has to be least scenic campus- looks like industrial office complex minus trees.

UW is a great campus with its lakes and nightlife both near the campus. I noticed growing up UW had a lot more rock concerts of headliner groups than Purdue had. It's students also consumed more beverages.

$hit, I thought this was the thread from KHC with the hot pics of Kristen Bell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT