ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell’s Announcement

You're a legend.
And, don't sell yourself short: you're ALWAYS right.

I'm not ALWAYS right. But I will agree I'm right just as often as the people here who call themselves experts. and that's why I post - to prove to newcomers and old timers, that people who are not experts , but do a little research can be as smart as those who say they are. At least when I'm wrong, unlike many, I'll admit it.

Well, today is the day. We will know in a few hours.

We just got aother crystal ball late yesterday. This should solidify our class a top 25 class, if it happens, even with the February signing period to go. It also should put us in a position to start out strong with our 2020 class.

If you are asking me if I thing Brohm is worth $6 Million I would say no way. Not yet at least. I mean he is what 13-13 in two years at a power 5 conference. Now will he become worth it, possibly but that is a wait and see but I don't have to pay the salary. As far as Purdue beating IU with subpar talent I don't buy that subpar talent part. Did you have subpar talent when you beat Iowa at Iowa last year? Did you have subpar talent when you beat Ohio State this year? I think Purdue fans make to much of the subpar talent. There was talent on that roster it just needed to be coached better. As far as IU's program I am happy with the way Allen is building the program. This recruiting class is one of the highest ever for IU. I think the offensive coordinator hire is going to be huge for the program.
That team was the least talented team top to bottom probably in Purdue history. They had a sprinkling of a few players and the coaches did a miraculous job masking the deficiencies of the overall team.

I'm not ALWAYS right. But I will agree I'm right just as often as the people here who call themselves experts. and that's why I post - to prove to newcomers and old timers, that people who are not experts , but do a little research can be as smart as those who say they are. At least when I'm wrong, unlike many, I'll admit it.
Need some pretty high boots to tread through this feces

Reactions: Purdue85
IU fans tell themselves we weren't a mediocre team with poor recruits because they still lost to us and stayed home after the Bucket game two years in a row. Going forward they have the same great coach that has led them to the current elite level with an admittedly better recruiting class looking at playing and recruiting against a team with vastly improved talent. We might have got our asses handed to us in Nashville but we were there while both Loosier's stayed home watching the goose poop grow.

I got the swim down. My daughter is on a D1 swim team in the SEC.

Have I mentioned my son is on a Division 1 track team lately? Next weekend, he's competing at University of Kentucky.

I realize it gets pretty deep in here sometimes. however as alumni of an ag school, we often forget to point out the many uses and benefits of cow manure(BS). And sometimes the more we spread, the better the result.

Not sure any IU fan will be watching the commitment. Will watch the game to see Taiwan Mullen. The Bell ship has sailed which is why IU is taking Daquon Green the transfer from Florida.
Four star WR transfers from traditional power to low tier B1G program... always works out well. Google Corey Holmes.

Well, today is the day. We will know in a few hours.

We just got aother crystal ball late yesterday. This should solidify our class a top 25 class, if it happens, even with the February signing period to go. It also should put us in a position to start out strong with our 2020 class.
Rivals says DBs announcement will be during the 1st quarter.

I know he was a grad transfer, but that Russel Wilson kid wasn't bad. Whatever happened to him? He was too small to ever make it in the NFL.

Reactions: Frankie611
If you are asking me if I thing Brohm is worth $6 Million I would say no way. Not yet at least. I mean he is what 13-13 in two years at a power 5 conference. Now will he become worth it, possibly but that is a wait and see but I don't have to pay the salary. As far as Purdue beating IU with subpar talent I don't buy that subpar talent part. Did you have subpar talent when you beat Iowa at Iowa last year? Did you have subpar talent when you beat Ohio State this year? I think Purdue fans make to much of the subpar talent. There was talent on that roster it just needed to be coached better. As far as IU's program I am happy with the way Allen is building the program. This recruiting class is one of the highest ever for IU. I think the offensive coordinator hire is going to be huge for the program.

This from a fan of a School overpaying Crean for how many years???? Okay......

Have I mentioned my son is on a Division 1 track team lately? Next weekend, he's competing at University of Kentucky.

I realize it gets pretty deep in here sometimes. however as alumni of an ag school, we often forget to point out the many uses and benefits of cow manure(BS). And sometimes the more we spread, the better the result.
When's GBI going to start charging you for self advertising???

This from a fan of a School overpaying Crean for how many years???? Okay......
Umm. Ok.

When's GBI going to start charging you for self advertising???

You only go around once in life! Sorry, we're not coming to Purdue this year! Been there, done that. I saw you last week! I honked as I drove by!

You only go around once in life! Sorry, we're not coming to Purdue this year! Been there, done that. I saw you last week! I honked as I drove by!
I know what you're saying. When I had 4 kids in school I followed the band, track and cross country circuit. I'd be much better off financially if I hadn't covered so many miles but you can't put a price on family memories.

Reactions: Purdue85
I know what you're saying. When I had 4 kids in school I followed the band, track and cross country circuit. I'd be much better off financially if I hadn't covered so many miles but you can't put a price on family memories.

Just had that discussion with my oldest.

The youngest is preparing to make his last trek through baseball (both school and travel). Not sure what the future holds. I'd like to go back and tally the fees, hotels, travel, etc. I'm sure there's been a bit of an impact on mom and dad's retirement savings, but the memories are well worth it!

Reactions: SIBoiler2
During the telecast, it showed Alabama had 28 commits. How is that possible with the hard 25? Did I just see that wrong?

There is no report of a $6M deal. None. Zero.

The only places I've seen a $6M deal reported were from IU and UofL fans who thought that was the only way Brohm would stay.
I think it stemmed from some UL fans around a month ago that were saying that UL was offering around $5.5 to $6.0 million a year, so people assumed that had to be the number if he stayed with us.

I think it stemmed from some UL fans around a month ago that were saying that UL was offering around $5.5 to $6.0 million a year, so people assumed that had to be the number if he stayed with us.

Very likely.

And... it has been reported on more than one occasion, the decision NEVER came down to money.

That has to be a punch in the gut for the IU / UofL clan.

I want to know why there are so many IU fans on this board today. It was not a IU/Purdue race for Bell. He told Brohm after the Iowa game that he was choosing the Boilers. He was just being nice visiting IU in December.

Amazing how Moore is still paying dividends for us. Taken from the 247 Sports article.

“Just the coaching staff and also Rondale Moore did a lot with it too,” Bell said. “He just kept it real with me and said if I want to come here and be an impact player like he was then come to Purdue.”

These 3 already look good in black!!

DwLVvYYVsAAxIds.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT