ADVERTISEMENT

Dakota

Bethboilerfan

Senior
Sep 14, 2012
Did anyone see Dakota play last night? I missed it and wonder how he performed and how much playing time?

Looks like 12 minutes and 1/5 from 3. Didn’t attempt a 2 pt shot.

1 assist and 1 steal.

http://www.nba.com/games/20180706/CLEWAS#/boxscore
He was still a +11 for the game...good enough for second on the team. I am guessing as he gets more comfortable, he’ll start going 2-5 or 3-6 from 3 and begin thriving in his role as a 3 and D off the bench this summer. If he can stick around that +11 for the summer, he’ll stick on the roster.

I watched a little of the game. Saw him hit the 3, then miss one. This level of play is slightly above AAU, not a lot of ball movement and lots of one on one. I think its a 'shoot it when you get it' game because you don't get the ball very often.
The commentators were slobbering all over themselves about the Carter kid, from Duke I believe. He didn't do anything special though.

He didn't do anything special? As a Bulls fan, a 16 point game on 6-12 shooting, 2-3 from downtown, 9 rebounds and 5 blocks is special enough for a rookie playing some of his first games out of college. There's a lot of guys in the summer league that would kill for a stat-line like that, Mathias included.

He didn't do anything special? As a Bulls fan, a 16 point game on 6-12 shooting, 2-3 from downtown, 9 rebounds and 5 blocks is special enough for a rookie playing some of his first games out of college. There's a lot of guys in the summer league that would kill for a stat-line like that, Mathias included.

That welcome has been worn out.

You can go now.

I watched several of the games in which Purdue players were involved. For the most part the Purdue players have been non factors with the exception of Biggie. The skill level in these games is pretty high. I would say the skill level is that of a college all star game. The players are running sets, and as far as I've seen the ball is being shared. These guys are being coached by representatives of their respective teams. There not just running up and down jacking up threes. In fact Dakota is playing a similar roll with Cleveland as Moore does for the Pelicans.

Just an FYI, the other day I came across a list of undrafted players who played at least one game in the NBA. The list is broken down by the year they turned pro. For curiosity sake I looked at the 20 or so players who where undrafted and came out in 2015. Only 4 were on a roster at the end of 2018 and I don't think any of them where major contributors. I could be off by a player or two but it tells me something about how hard it is to make it as an undrafted free agent.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
I watched several of the games in which Purdue players were involved. For the most part the Purdue players have been non factors with the exception of Biggie. The skill level in these games is pretty high. I would say the skill level is that of a college all star game. The players are running sets, and as far as I've seen the ball is being shared. These guys are being coached by representatives of their respective teams. There not just running up and down jacking up threes. In fact Dakota is playing a similar roll with Cleveland as Moore does for the Pelicans.

Just an FYI, the other day I came across a list of undrafted players who played at least one game in the NBA. The list is broken down by the year they turned pro. For curiosity sake I looked at the 20 or so players who where undrafted and came out in 2015. Only 4 were on a roster at the end of 2018 and I don't think any of them where major contributors. I could be off by a player or two but it tells me something about how hard it is to make it as an undrafted free agent.
I'm sure there are some things that have changed over the years, but your last statement has been a constant. Doug Lee comes to mind.

Vince had 20 and 8 in his last game, so Carter’s numbers really aren’t special at all.

Reactions: nagemj02
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT