ADVERTISEMENT

NC St vs. Va

Feb 5, 2004
If anyone can go back and watch the last minute of this game and the OT it is worth it. VA fans must be wondering how VA did it.

VA didn't foul in the waning seconds when up 3. They had a lot else go wrong but that likely would have saved the game for them. Glad we have a coach who does it.

VA didn't foul in the waning seconds when up 3. They had a lot else go wrong but that likely would have saved the game for them. Glad we have a coach who does it.
I do think that teams are employing the "foul up 3" strategy too early these days, but that was definitely the time to do it. They could have fouled right after the ball handler crossed half court very easily. They also could have had guys at the FT lane to make them work harder bringing the ball up the court.

Or they could have made any one of several free throws.

I do think that teams are employing the "foul up 3" strategy too early these days, but that was definitely the time to do it. They could have fouled right after the ball handler crossed half court very easily. They also could have had guys at the FT lane to make them work harder bringing the ball up the court.

Or they could have made any one of several free throws.
didn't see the game but I have been one who has always favored the foul up 3 strategy

didn't see the game but I have been one who has always favored the foul up 3 strategy

Not necessarily disagreeing, but there is some cruel irony there.....

dd01e5fb-40ab-47d2-80fc-4bcb2208b1be_text.gif

Reactions: LedZep17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT