ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Univ of Penn women’s swimmer for smashing every record in the book!

As a former science teacher, I can tell you that the science of sex is very cut and dried. What isn't is gender which has become a political football. Sex is what matters in sports because of the physical aspect to it. People born male have an inherent advantage in many sports. Is there a sport for both sexes where the women's world record exceeds the men's? Perhaps we should just make sports like basketball coed. That would be both a real hoot and a political shi*storm.
@mdthornb, do you have any of your questions for this ?

Reactions: Crayfish57
Does he wear a 1 piece Speedo like the men or a 1 piece that covers his boobies?

Which brings up another conversation......Could he wear a 1 piece Speedo like the men? I'm assuming he doesn't have a rack, so it would basically be like watching some dude with long hair swimming. Who would be offended? Men or women? It's so confusing.
And if he doesn’t wear a top, isn’t there rules for indecent exposure?

Can you imagine if a democratic president tried to get his VP to violate the Constitution so he could stay in power? And masses of Dems broke into the Capitol to support that outcome? Can you imagine what the republicans would say?

Can do this it's all day.
@BuilderBob6 , you have been doing it all day everyday for like 5 years now

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG
Perhaps we should just make sports like basketball coed. That would be both a real hoot and a political shi*storm.
Can you imagine if Edey woke up tomorrow and decided to identify as a woman? He’d score 100 points on 50 for 52 shooting from the field.

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT
It was all spelled out in Kindergarten Cop by a Kindergartner . Boys have a penis Girls have a vagina. Apparently MDthornb isn't at kindergarten level yet. We all know Bob isn't.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
in one of the more physical sports - wrestling
many remain as equal/coed competition

several females (regular born girls, not trans) have won individual state high school titles, defeating their male competitors

several females (regular born girls, not trans) have won individual state high school titles, defeating their male competitors
Wrestling is segregated by weight which levels the playing field with regard to size. Technique is more important than strength. Even with these variables, it is extremely rare for a female to have success.

Quantify several and feel free to list some actual proof of this

some champions were
rachel hale vermont
michaela hutchison Alaska
hope steffensen alaska
heaven fitch north carolina

some champions were
rachel hale vermont
michaela hutchison Alaska
hope steffensen alaska
heaven fitch north carolina
How many women have played in the NFL, NBA, NHL, or MLB? Yes, a few women can excel at wrestling, especially in the lighter weight classes. Wrestling is one of the few sports where size does not matter.

no female major pro players
no female major pro head coaches
few female major fortune 500 CEOs

Last edited:
@mdthornb, do you have any of your questions for this ?

Once again not understanding the difference between sex and gender. I not arguing anything about what sex or gender can play which sport. That’s not a question of science. I’m just saying it is not good science to say that sex and gender are the same and that gender is binary. Sex is not binary either for that matter, but that is a bit more rare.

Science was not finalized in textbooks in 1950 or 1850 or whatever your preferred date is..

Up to date? Sexes haven’t and don’t change. It’s science. Male, female. Was there another species created that I was unaware of?

Spend some time reading and thinking about the issues you are taking about and less searching for tweets and clips of cable news to post here and you may not have such a hard time with all of this.

It was all spelled out in Kindergarten Cop by a Kindergartner . Boys have a penis Girls have a vagina. Apparently MDthornb isn't at kindergarten level yet. We all know Bob isn't.

Maybe schools should start “Born With a Vagina” sports teams?

Sounds like we need more definition. I agree there. Throw is hormone levels and chromosomes if you want to get wild.

I guess we have to pick our own scientist.

Finding outlying opinions on any issue can be found. What is the point of even posting this. I already know that these opinions exist. That doesn’t impact what the consensus of people who study this is.

Good science is saying “ it seems likely that this is the case because the majority of people who study this and evidence seems to point to this conclusion but we must be willing to change our mind with new evidence”

This is not good science “this one scientist who is at odds with the majority of scientist in the field agrees with me so I’m going to weight his opinion over all of the others combined.”

Once again not understanding the difference between sex and gender. I not arguing anything about what sex or gender can play which sport. That’s not a question of science. I’m just saying it is not good science to say that sex and gender are the same and that gender is binary. Sex is not binary either for that matter, but that is a bit more rare.

Science was not finalized in textbooks in 1950 or 1850 or whatever your preferred date is..
Back to the actual topic. Unless a sport is intended to be coed, one should compete based on biological sex. This trans person should not be on the U. of Penn women's swim team. It is unfair competition due to biology.

Spend some time reading and thinking about the issues you are taking about and less searching for tweets and clips of cable news to post here and you may not have such a hard time with all of this.
I don’t have a hard time with all of this. Biology is not abstract. Most importantly, it is not political!! Males and females. Took the crazy liberals to take something solid and make it abstract. The slide of the country into insanity continues…….

Finding outlying opinions on any issue can be found. What is the point of even posting this. I already know that these opinions exist. That doesn’t impact what the consensus of people who study this is.

Good science is saying “ it seems likely that this is the case because the majority of people who study this and evidence seems to point to this conclusion but we must be willing to change our mind with new evidence”

This is not good science “this one scientist who is at odds with the majority of scientist in the field agrees with me so I’m going to weight his opinion over all of the others combined.”
Nobody knows you already know that these opinions exist because you ask such stupid questions all of the time

I don’t have a hard time with all of this. Biology is not abstract. Most importantly, it is not political!! Males and females. Took the crazy liberals to take something solid and make it abstract. The slide of the country into insanity continues…….

Biology is not straight forward or simple whatsoever.

Back to the actual topic. Unless a sport is intended to be coed, one should compete based on biological sex. This trans person should not be on the U. of Penn women's swim team. It is unfair competition due to biology.

I agree, but each organization needs to define who is intended to participate.

How is not straight forward in this case of their being two genders, male and female? You’re either born male or female, right?

Just start saying sex if that is what you mean and not gender. Also, 1-2% of people are intersex. That is a lot of people who don’t fit your definition of you are referring to sex.

Each organization run by crazy liberals need to define it I guess. It’s simple but nothing is simple to liberals who are constantly confused

I guess you don’t have to further define it if you want situations like this. Whatever floats your boat.

Just keep screaming that it is simple despite the evidence. Gravity used to be simply two object exerting a force on each other based on mass then Einstein proposed that energy warps space time to create the effect of gravity. You can rage against relativity all you want because it makes the world less simple, but that would be futile.

We also used to think the world was made up of protons, neutrons, and electrons, but then discovered lots of other particles. Just because the first understanding was simplistic doesn’t mean it is right.

for people with conditions like androgen insensitivity syndrome (outward appearance of a female body, but actually has male chromosomes),
which gender sport are they required to play in

for people with conditions like androgen insensitivity syndrome (outward appearance of a female body, but actually has male chromosomes),
which gender sport are they required to play in

Maybe their own division? Just kidding. I don’t know. Kinda proves that this is not all so simple as many in here wish it to be.

The rules speak for themselves or do you need them more explicitly explained to you?

The rules
Biological males play male sports
Biological females play female sports

why are you making this so difficult for yourself?

Apparently they don’t speak for themselves if you think this man ended up playing in a woman’s league.

Why are you against clarifying things?

Apparently they don’t speak for themselves if you think this man ended up playing in a woman’s league.
Why don’t you think they speak for themselves? I’m telling you what the rules should be and have been since sport was created from sober minded individuals. Not the new rules according to crazy liberals who have destroyed our societal norms amongst many other parts of American life such as this one.

Biological males play male sports
Biological females play female sports
Simple
so for people with conditions mentioned above,
do they play the sport that matches the chromosomes they are born with (male)
or the outward bodily appearance they are born with (female)

Reactions: mdthornb
Why don’t you think they speak for themselves? I’m telling you what the rules should be and have been since sport was created from sober minded individuals. Not the new rules according to crazy liberals who have destroyed our societal norms amongst many other parts of American life such as this one.

So you agree that they need to be clarified to state what you said above? I dont understand the issue.

do they play the sport that matches the chromosomes they are born with
or the outward bodily appearance they are born with

He does not like complications, so be prepared for some more discussion

do they play the sport that matches the chromosomes they are born with (male)
or the outward bodily appearance they are born with (female)
What conditions mentioned above? You’re a troll so I read very few of your posts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT