ADVERTISEMENT

Commitments

GemstateBoiler

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2006
Apologies if this has been answered in another thread. I notice Liston and Machias are still listed as verbals. Does anyone know why they are not signed yet? Maybe it just hasn't been updated on the list.

Apologies if this has been answered in another thread. I notice Liston and Machias are still listed as verbals. Does anyone know why they are not signed yet? Maybe it just hasn't been updated on the list.
the continueing trend of poor recruiting is getting on my nerves. why not put a big name at head coach like drew brees to start pulling some good players

the continueing trend of poor recruiting is getting on my nerves. why not put a big name at head coach like drew brees to start pulling some good players
It looks like you haven't been on this board for long, so you know as Purdue fans, which you obviously are one of us; I would like to get your opinion on what we all call our neighbors to the South, IU, the "the little brothers". We call them our "little brothers", because we have b!#&@ slapped them all over the field with a former walk on QB this year, and they haven't beaten us in basketball, since 2016.

You have thrown out a lot of choices on who we should be hiring as a program. However, IU definitely needs a new coach too. Who do you think they should hire in Bloomington, because it has to be embarrassing to their fans to have a former high school coach down there? They were the worst team in the entire league this year. Of course, they are still the worst team of all time in Division I football programs or maybe they have moved up to second worst now.

Some of their best players are so embarrassed for playing for Coach Allen that they are leaving in droves. Sure, they got a few 4 stars in this year's class, but we know it only a matter of time before they leave too or Coach Allen would turn they into 2 star type of players on the field.

Us Purdue fan, as you are one of them, are embarrassed for that program and want them to start playing better than a Division II type of program. What coaching choices would you recommend to turn around that joke of a program?

• Haha
Reactions: purduepat1969
It looks like you haven't been on this board for long, so you know as Purdue fans, which you obviously are one of us; I would like to get your opinion on what we all call our neighbors to the South, IU, the "the little brothers". We call them our "little brothers", because we have b!#&@ slapped them all over the field with a former walk on QB this year, and they haven't beaten us in basketball, since 2016.

You have thrown out a lot of choices on who we should be hiring as a program. However, IU definitely needs a new coach too. Who do you think they should hire in Bloomington, because it has to be embarrassing to their fans to have a former high school coach down there? They were the worst team in the entire league this year. Of course, they are still the worst team of all time in Division I football programs or maybe they have moved up to second worst now.

Some of their best players are so embarrassed for playing for Coach Allen that they are leaving in droves. Sure, they got a few 4 stars in this year's class, but we know it only a matter of time before they leave too or Coach Allen would turn they into 2 star type of players on the field.

Us Purdue fan, as you are one of them, are embarrassed for that program and want them to start playing better than a Division II type of program. What coaching choices would you recommend to turn around that joke of a program?
John Shoop, Darrell Hazel! :)

can you explain blue shirting again? is that where they come to Purdue but don't receive a scholarship until next year? or until one becomes available? Wasnn't there a linebacker signed under similar terms a couple of years ago?

Last edited:
The blueshirt rule allows schools to put "unrecruited" athletes on scholarship once they arrive on campus, but count them against the next year's scholarship total, as long as they don't play.

Reactions: Purdue85
The blueshirt rule allows schools to put "unrecruited" athletes on scholarship once they arrive on campus, but count them against the next year's scholarship total, as long as they don't play.
Mostly correct. The initial qualifier limit (25) is what is being manipulated, not total scholarships

just think if ONLY you had provided the answer when i asked. it would have been one quick post. when you ask a teacher a question, the best response is to provide the answer, not to tell the student to look it up himself.

just think if ONLY you had provided the answer when i asked. it would have been one quick post. when you ask a teacher a question, the best response is to provide the answer, not to tell the student to look it up himself.
The good teachers make the students work thru the issue to arrive at the answers.🧐

Reactions: Purdue85
Teachers are paid to provide answers. Venmo me some money, I’ll answer your question

I gotta know…we’re you JiC on the old OGFP board? If so…I was your old nemesis there with a sport in his username.
No. I mainly just read the stuff there. I was on the old boiler station and Indy star boards more

Mostly correct. The initial qualifier limit (25) is what is being manipulated, not total scholarships
Nat,
With the extra transfer schollies this year temporarily not counting against the 25 (one bonus per transfer up to 7), do you see this as a sign Purdue will be adding a lot more players? Right now we are at 19 class 2022 + Liston + 3 grad transfers (Brooks, Denson, and Finau). That would mean we have up to 10 more spots on the 25 (if we ignore the 85 for now). Looks like we will hit our 7 with Long, Moore, Cross, Watts, Plummer, and Austin making up six with surely another to come.

Nat,
With the extra transfer schollies this year temporarily not counting against the 25 (one bonus per transfer up to 7), do you see this as a sign Purdue will be adding a lot more players? Right now we are at 19 class 2022 + Liston + 3 grad transfers (Brooks, Denson, and Finau). That would mean we have up to 10 more spots on the 25 (if we ignore the 85 for now). Looks like we will hit our 7 with Long, Moore, Cross, Watts, Plummer, and Austin making up six with surely another to come.
I think they will. I think they want the option more than anything. If Liston is willing to play ball, what’s the harm

I think they will. I think they want the option more than anything. If Liston is willing to play ball, what’s the harm
Got it. I forgot about Hampton, Tyrone Tracy, and Elijah canion. That leaves seven left now.

Nat,
how about McWilliams?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT