ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Gonzalez?

If Holtz had a committable offer from either IU or Purdue, he would have committed by now. If either school ends up taking him, that suggests that they missed out on their higher tier options.

Does Purdue have any realistic higher tier options outside of Ford? I'm guessing Crawford is unlikely.

Back to what this thread was about originally. Headline finally up on GBI about the Gonzalez switch. I've mentioned my hopes for another O-lineman or two and possibly the juco linebacker to add to the class. What do others want to see?
OL + RB since two are leaving. You asked and you already know what RB I'm thinking of...so I will subtly leave it there.

Potential blessing in disguise. If he wants to play offense he would have not been happy here and we overrecruited DB anyway. I would think that scholly could be much better utilized at LB or OL

Reactions: jindy
We have 4 OL committed.

Is that too many? There are 5 spots on the O-line and only 4 in the secondary and we are probably already deeper with talent in the secondary than we are on the O-line. I would take a 3 or 4* OL in a heartbeat.

Is that too many? There are 5 spots on the O-line and only 4 in the secondary and we are probably already deeper with talent in the secondary than we are on the O-line. I would take a 3 or 4* OL in a heartbeat.
I think 4 is about right unless Ford wants to commit.

Reactions: PaBoiler78
OL + RB since two are leaving. You asked and you already know what RB I'm thinking of...so I will subtly leave it there.

I was talking scholarship recruits, not walk-on types. Don't think Purdue needs another scholarship RB in this class to go with the highly recruited one already there, but if so there's a kid from Elkhart who currently has committed to Ball State that Purdue could attempt to sway, I guess. One more O- line commit would be good, if it's the right one.

I think 4 is about right unless Ford wants to commit.
Makes sense. Might strongly consider a 5th if Beach's back issues were to continue. Just speculation, but if that is what has shut him down that can be a tricky thing from which to recover.

Makes sense. Might strongly consider a 5th if Beach's back issues were to continue. Just speculation, but if that is what has shut him down that can be a tricky thing from which to recover.
I’m pretty sure Hartwig is being recruited as a center.
I could see bringing in a grad transfer if beach’s back issues linger

I'd heard center with possibly guard(Hartwig) but get your point. With Washington out due to injury also that's two linemen recovering from injuries. Seems like linemen injuries maybe linger more sometimes than other positions, so I'm just wanting to make sure depth is there for the future. Paranoia on my part - maybe, but after this season....

Regarding grad transfer, Powell has an official visit with Indiana this weekend. I am not sure where he stands with Purdue, but it would seem to make sense to bring him in as a center/guard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT