ADVERTISEMENT

Call should not of been over turned

I'm shocked they got it wrong!

It's a moot point, I'm only posting it because all of us were right after all.
This is why replay should be forwarded to the B1G offices where a team of officials watch the replays. FIFA did this in the last World Cup and it appeared to have positive reviews. Easy to do and would take the responsibility out of the hands of an official who may have become partial due to the flow of the game. Easy fix but likely not to happen.

This is why replay should be forwarded to the B1G offices where a team of officials watch the replays. FIFA did this in the last World Cup and it appeared to have positive reviews. Easy to do and would take the responsibility out of the hands of an official who may have become partial due to the flow of the game. Easy fix but likely not to happen.
In this day and age of technology, like you said it should be as easy as getting an Iu degree. Actually nothing is that easy, but it should be close!

I am not sure in the end it would of mattered based on how easily the ball was moved against our defense, but now we'll never know.

Reactions: mathboy
Momentum is a crazy thing that can't be quantified.
You aren't wrong here, we would of needed just one good series out of the D and it did happen before during that game.

Ah well, nothing can be done about it now anyway. Just kind of irritating because essentially this proves we were screwed.

You aren't wrong here, we would of needed just one good series out of the D and it did happen before during that game.

Ah well, nothing can be done about it now anyway. Just kind of irritating because essentially this proves we were screwed.
Ehh, as my friend and I say all the time: #MostPurdueThingEver

We both sent each other a text that said Purdue will tie or lead and end up losing in heartbreaking fashion at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
It is what it is. We knew for days, but this confirmed it I guess.

We need to concentrate on the upcoming opponent, Boston College, and start a winning streak.

Reactions: rgarlitz and BBG
As I said in the game thread, this is the type of horse$hit that turned me off from the NFL forever, the below play in 2010 being the final straw (and imagine this being the final straw for a lifetime follower of the Detroit Lions):
hqdefault.jpg

It would be so easy for the B1G to adopt JohnnyDoeBoiler's suggestion, though with our luck Bo Boroski would somehow end up being assigned as one of the "impartial" replay officials for all of our games.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
It is what it is. We knew for days, but this confirmed it I guess.

We need to concentrate on the upcoming opponent, Boston College, and start a winning streak.
If Purdue can beat BC and then continue to make improvements against Illinois and Nebraska, they'll be at 3-3 with what should be some games they should have good chances at victories the rest of the season. Many people said 4-8 would be the standard for this season and I myself said more likely at 5-7. Sometimes you have to take a step back to take two steps forward...and that's how I am viewing this season with the amount of young guys playing. Purdue won some games last year because they had veterans who knew what it was like to lose those games and had experience....this team just doesn't have the experience at this point in time. But they will for the next 2-3 years!

Reactions: BBG
As I said in the game thread, this is the type of horse$hit that turned me off from the NFL forever, the below play in 2010 being the final straw (and imagine this being the final straw for a lifetime follower of the Detroit Lions):
hqdefault.jpg

It would be so easy for the B1G to adopt JohnnyDoeBoiler's suggestion, though with our luck Bo Boroski would somehow end up being assigned as one of the "impartial" replay officials for all of our games.
Yeah, how can a guy dive while running with the ball and have the ball cross the goal line and not any part of himself be considered a TD but not that? NFL is legitimately a joke IMO. I've now seen two plays where a DT has let up on a sack because he was afraid of hitting the QB (Packers/Bears game for one). I agree with changing the culture of using the head as a battering ram and when tackling...but the protecting the QB's is ridiculous. Might as well get each of them a Pope Mobile while they play.

Reactions: ejs1111
I've got a simpler fix. Just start treating replay the way it was intended.. as a opportunity to correct OBVIOUS blown calls only. If it is not clear as day after a couple replays at full speed, then you leave it alone. There is much less outrage when a borderline call is left as-called on the field than when an overturn is botched. The resulting pleasant side effect would be fewer trips to the replay booth in the first place and more focus back to on-the-field call accuracy.

And how do you determine what is "obvious" or "borderline?" Talk about subjectivity. There's no way. Once replay was started you knew this was going to be the result. Pretty soon we're going to go to automated strike zones in baseball. It's the way of the world. Technology, more camera angles, more (all) games on TV, social media, etc. With all the technology there is NO excuse to getting it right so that's what we're going to do.

Or maybe we still get it wrong.

I hate when they announce they made a mistake. All this does is p fans off. I know they do it to help educate officials but it doesn't work.

I am not convinced Mizzo would have scored a TD. A lot less pressure when you are playing to win or at worst heading to OT. If we end up with 5 wins and this call costs us a bowl game this ref needs to be done forever.

The head official went to IU for grad school and was once suspended by the Big Ten because he was so bad at his job. So, that pretty much explains it

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
That’s a great point, why don’t they do that? It would take far less time, the officials on the field don’t have a easy time the way it is. Someone posted yesterday on here that you’re asking imperfect people to do something that is perfect. That’s not possible and it’s not fair to those guys. The game is so fast the way it is it would be better if there was the set up you recommend here.

This is an interesting thread/topic, and brings a larger conversation.

Amazingly, I had forgotten the Wake Forest debacle with Daniel Capon and 3-4 others. At that time, Capon was allegedly fired by the B1G, and not to referee any more B1G games. (The execution was that bad.)

And, what a screwed up mess with Steve Pamon.

In the past it's been stated that it's really hard to find (and keep) quality B1G officials (the NFL allegedly poaches them). Not sure if that's the case, and what's contributing to the issue.

Another note: I've been to many HS football games over the past few years, and I'm amazed how poor the quality is at that level, as well. I'm no picture of health (although I work out daily), but it's stunning how many IHSAA referees are 50+ pounds overweight, huffing and puffing trying to run up and down the football field.

Daniel Capron.needs to be canned from all college football.
Forever!
Big Ten should take it a step further. Investigate if a fix was in on the game.
Capron has both a history and dislike for Purdue (IU alum). Why would he be head official for a Purdue game? Is there more to this story that we don't know about? Joe Tiller & past history from Michigan/Ohio State show a pattern of bad officiating. Why has he been kept around?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...iciating-jim-harbaugh-michigan-fine/94570042/

Reactions: 72Boiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT