ADVERTISEMENT

Butler Message Board (Selected Excerpts)

Apr 30, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
A great game to end the Crossroads Classic. The Butler posters were pretty classy and realistic in their observations. Butler fans seem to be on the same wavelength as Purdue culturally if not competitively this year. NOTE -This will be the last game thread excerpts I will be doing this year. Everyone have a great holiday season.

This is simply a mismatch from hell. Both inside and out. I'm trying to think of how high the line would have to go for me not to bet on it.

I'm just hoping we can keep it competitive.

With the COVID outbreak everywhere, our best chance really is them to have 4 guys go out like their 4 best players like Ivey edey, Williams and furst, and we still might now have a shot.

Very good relationships between PU/BU going back to Brad as Matt’s USA assistant and then of course Micah and Terry. Much different vibe than….

That is true. When Brad was asked a couple of years ago that if he had a son who would he want him to play for it was Matt or Tony Bennett.

This team is the Murphy’s Law of college basketball.

Unfortunately Bolden is broke or Butler would be up a few right now. He's had very good looks.

Observation: Edey isn’t all that good, he’s just significantly larger than most. Once he’s way over drafted into the NBA, he’ll fizzle out.

Agreed - announcers can't get enough of him - like Edey made a basic thing dudes half his size do - box out, run down the court, and get an offensive rebound. Wow. Amazing.

Impressed so far. Dawgs hanging tough.

We are playing hard so far... I'll give them that... no one is throwing in the towel.... just wishing the basket was a little larger!!

Butler is increasing Ivey’s draft stock at the moment.

He is leaps and bounds so much better than anyone on this court also

I really like they way he looks and plays

The roster we have is just pathetic, i'm sorry.

They're playing against an NBA lottery pick and two big guys that no one else in the country can stop either.

We needed to play a great game and have Purdue play a poor game to win. This isn’t on LaVall, or Golden, or Thompson— Purdue is the better team, and they’re kicking our ass. Not to excuse the flaws on our team, but this one isn’t that complicated.

Someone from this board needs to tell Jayden Taylor that you’re not supposed to jump when you pass!!!!!! Save him!!!

It’s embarrassing that we look like we are the little sibling just trying hang out with our older siblings. We are back to Butler basketball days where we just trying to be respectable against Power 5 schools.

Ivey is very good, no doubt..but there's going to be big ten games where his shots are rimming out, not dropping like everything is a f***ing free throw.

Oh great, our starters against their reserves and I guarantee some will say now "look at that effort to close the game. There is hope for these guys!!!!"

I mean if Ivey shoots like this in another game, doesn’t matter who they’re playing they’ll win.

Did Jim Jackson just say that Oscar Robertson went to high school just down the street at “Corpus Christy”?? Or did I hear that wrong?

One game closer to hiring a new coach?

You know it's bad when the team's twitter account tweets the halftime score and then doesn't tweet again until the final score.

My two cents. Purdue has more talent than anyone has had in many years. At least three could play in the NBA now and probably will next year. Another two Boilermakers have the potential to be in the NBA. They along with Baylor are scary good. Watching IU-Notre Dame now. Neither would stand a chance playing Purdue the way they did today. What does that say about Butler’s performance? Not much. Purdue is a superior team at every position. To me you need three players with NBA potential to get to the final four. Purdue has it . Butler doesn’t. Neither does IU or Notre Dame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News