ADVERTISEMENT

BTT: Purdue vs. Iowa Game Thread

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
Your game thread for Purdue’s battle with No. 2 Iowa in the 2023 Big Ten Women’s Basketball Tournament this evening.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
Clark gets T’ed up. I am ecstatic. She deserves to be every game.

I had to laugh when Tim Newton on radio said that Clark deserves it and “Michigan’s Brown is a half step behind.” I’ve thought the same about Brown.

In her entire 4 years here Woltman has not yet learned how to not commit a moving screen. Does it at least once a game and often more. Ugh.

Clark just needs someone to slap her. Her personality is obnoxious. because she is so good she thinks that the world revolves around her

They kept it close-ish for 3 quarters. Got beat by a better team. Not nearly as bad an overall performance as last night. Much to be proud of, and much to work on. Nothing we didn’t already know. Fingers crossed for Selection Sunday. I think we have a good chance for the NCAA’s. Boiler up gals and head home with confidence in your game.

Much better effort this game, but still a bad first quarter. Hard to win games always having to play from behind.

They kept it close-ish for 3 quarters. Got beat by a better team. Not nearly as bad an overall performance as last night. Much to be proud of, and much to work on. Nothing we didn’t already know. Fingers crossed for Selection Sunday. I think we have a good chance for the NCAA’s. Boiler up gals and head home with confidence in your game.
We are now at 49 NET rating, of we make it, we will likely be a 12, but I am not optimistic we get in this year, the loss to UMinn and PR effort against UWisc look like they doomed us

We are now at 49 NET rating, of we make it, we will likely be a 12, but I am not optimistic we get in this year, the loss to UMinn and PR effort against UWisc look like they doomed us
Trust me, Purdue is getting in, 10 or 11 seed.

Trust me, Purdue is getting in, 10 or 11 seed.
Id wager against that. You only casually follow the women, traditionally the women's committee puts a great deal of weight on NET, and by that, we are out. So if we get in, it's an 11 at best, no way they jump us 9 seeding spots higher than our NET. The politics of the committee won't favor the BT with the continued rumors of us raiding the Pac12 more soon.

Id wager against that. You only casually follow the women, traditionally the women's committee puts a great deal of weight on NET, and by that, we are out. So if we get in, it's an 11 at best, no way they jump us 9 seeding spots higher than our NET. The politics of the committee won't favor the BT with the continued rumors of us raiding the Pac12 more soon.
I’d wager, we’ll find out. NET 49 in a power conference, I see no way they’re not in. It seems like all the experts got them in, been a nice year, a tourney birth and maybe a win would cap it off.

Reactions: DocRon
You’re correct about me being a casual fan, not going to lie, I don’t find the women’s game very compelling, every year there’s only a few teams that can win a title, for me that sucks. I hope this year a IU or an Iowa can win it, don’t want to see South Carolina verse UCONN in the final, that bores me.

You’re correct about me being a casual fan, not going to lie, I don’t find the women’s game very compelling, every year there’s only a few teams that can win a title, for me that sucks. I hope this year a IU or an Iowa can win it, don’t want to see South Carolina verse UCONN in the final, that bores me.
I don't see a BT team in the FF this year. None of our teams have the horses to get to the third weekend. Id say Purdue women's chances are about the same as Michigan men chances, pretty slim. Creme is awful at guessing, as of yesterday he had UMary as a #1 seed, which is completely whack. We have a chance, but not at the 10 seed.

With the new first round. I think there are 36 atlarge teams. I know they use more data points than just the net but I counted 12 potential conference winners ahead of us. Found a website called WarrenNolan with a basketball for the O that had a breakdown of every team. Think our record verse Q1 and Q2 with just one loss outside 100 is pretty favorable against other teams around us. Plus we held Iowa to its lowest score all year.

Reactions: MichaelRR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT