ADVERTISEMENT

BTN features Purdue camp tonight at 7:00 p.m. (nt)

Good stuff. Featured Bailey, Knox, and Moore a lot. Rondale is going to make A LOT of plays this season. I like the good cop/bad cop approach (my words, not theirs) with Brohm and the assistants. Good to see some measured tough love without going full Durkin.

Reactions: Tommaker
It's on RANNOW and again at 8:30 ET.

What's up Tom, bout time for some TG'ing wouldn't you say?
I've been going up to Slayter every Saturday night around 3:00 a.m. for the last month, just sitting there with a 40 in a paper bag, practicing. :) This is gonna be soooome year! You have more folks coming up? I think we'll have bigger crowds at our TG.

Good stuff. Featured Bailey, Knox, and Moore a lot. Rondale is going to make A LOT of plays this season. I like the good cop/bad cop approach (my words, not theirs) with Brohm and the assistants. Good to see some measured tough love without going full Durkin.
"He's the fastest guy on this team! I don't know what his 40 is, but he's the fastest guy on the team, and you're gonna let him get away from you like that?" Classic. Agree totally on Rondale.

A lot of folks of a certain bent would watch the coach/player interaction and decry player treatment. I remember my teens and early twenties. If I hadn't had some of that, I might have knocked over banks for the fun of it. :p

Is there any chance to watch online? Don't have BTN at the moment.

I went to Directv Now online in order to get B1G channel. Soooo much cheaper than regular satellite dish Directv and always have it online. And it lets me record anything I can't watch live.... You may want to check it out.

Good stuff. I like the good cop/bad cop approach (my words, not theirs) with Brohm and the assistants. Good to see some measured tough love without going full Durkin.
I noticed that too. The different approach in the position rooms between QB's,WR's & RB's was pretty jarring. Jamarcus Sheppard challenged and demanded greater effort from each guy like a Marine Corps DI. Barclay was intense,emotional but hugging guys while quoting scripture passages and Brian Brohm was lowkey,subdued, cerebral and quiet. I guess what surprised me most was different personality of Brian as opposed to his big brother, Jeff.

Reactions: TheGunner
The energy of these coaches is infectious. Moore looks like he will be our #1 threat in the entire offense this year. Love to see the kids having fun and really enjoying being with each other. Barron certainly seems like a great captain opposite Bailey. Class clown veteran contrasted with locked-in serious stud.

I did cringe a little with CJB's harsh words/anger at the end, and maybe even more with Brian's "good cop" recovery.

The energy of these coaches is infectious. Moore looks like he will be our #1 threat in the entire offense this year. Love to see the kids having fun and really enjoying being with each other. Barron certainly seems like a great captain opposite Bailey. Class clown veteran contrasted with locked-in serious stud.

I did cringe a little with CJB's harsh words/anger at the end, and maybe even more with Brian's "good cop" recovery.

I wonder how much editing needed to occur to make the Brohm rant TV worthy. I'm sure he has no problem using colorful language in practice. :D

I wonder how much editing needed to occur to make the Brohm rant TV worthy. I'm sure he has no problem using colorful language in practice. :D
Your assumption would be correct on Brohm...but his assistants are just as fiery about when a guy doesn't do something the right way. The great thing is that this staff praises much more enthusiastically than they do the failures. In the linked video above, you saw Sheppard doing that with the TD pass to Sparks.

Reactions: ejs1111

As far as Moore, now everyone sees why I posted so much about him months ago. I had seen him in person in HS and knew he was the real deal. I would say the same thing about Wright from Christian Academy here in Louisville too. I am hoping for Bell or Wright. Get both, along with Moore, and Big Ten secondary coaches will have nightmares on how to contain our WRs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT