ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm’s staying

Jeff Brohm was talking about the foundation and the future after the IU win and was asked if he would be part of that future: “Yes, I’m looking forward to it”
Now that the season is over, would love for him to just come out Monday at the presser and say he reached a new deal with the AD. He deserves it really anyway.

Honestly, what decent coach would want to step in that dumper Fire? If Brohm doesn’t head home, they’ll be lucky to get their second, third, or forth options.

If I was at the end of my career (like a Les Miles type, though obviously not him given the Kansas deal), I'd happily take some of their money to keep the sideline warm for a few years.

I'm glad to hear Brohm will be staying. Will be doubly glad when the mouth breathers from Commuter U finally leave this board alone.
me too esp. watching Canada's Terps today. Like I said, after last week's loss to osu, they'll lose 35-9 to psu.

Now that the season is over, would love for him to just come out Monday at the presser and say he reached a new deal with the AD. He deserves it really anyway.
BBG, you and I get along on most things. Let me ask you this, Brohm just signed a new deal not three months ago and is one of the better paid in the conference. Shouldn't the AD wait until he's done something to deserve more money? Like a year with HIS recruits? Like better than 6-6? Sure, he's done better than the Haze, but he's still right there with Hope.

Reactions: mikewoodson2
From the post game press conference -
Press: Will you be part of that future?
CJB: Yep and I’m looking forward to it.

Case closed...

Well from what has been said....Louisville hasn't even made official contact...So he has no reason to say anything otherwise

BBG, you and I get along on most things. Let me ask you this, Brohm just signed a new deal not three months ago and is one of the better paid in the conference. Shouldn't the AD wait until he's done something to deserve more money? Like a year with HIS recruits? Like better than 6-6? Sure, he's done better than the Haze, but he's still right there with Hope.
Hey Twin were you as surprised as me at IUs lack of energy today

I plan to give the Cards a hearty congrats on their 2nd choice - I don’t hate them; after all one of their very own is set to start a new age at Purdue.
Yeah I imagine this is going to sour the relationship between the two school athletic departments. Damn shame because a game in Lucas oil every year would have been sweet

Hey Twin were you as surprised as me at IUs lack of energy today
Nah, they won the first three with cupcakes....then the meat of the schedule hit them in the ass. What surprises me is how weak a coach Allen is and why IU would have hired him, and how stupid he acts running around the field like he's a player jumping up to high-five all 87 of the IU faithful in the stands today.

I do like Ramsey as their QB and think he's done a pretty solid job in spite of their lack of talent around him.

Nah, they won the first three with cupcakes....then the meat of the schedule hit them in the ass. What surprises me is how weak a coach Allen is and why IU would have hired him, and how stupid he acts running around the field like he's a player jumping up to high-five all 87 of the IU faithful in the stands today.

I do like Ramsey as their QB and think he's done a pretty solid job in spite of their lack of talent around him.
the histrionics works for the boat rower

Well from what has been said....Louisville hasn't even made official contact...So he has no reason to say anything otherwise
You don’t think they reached out to his agent?

You guys love to play linguistic gymnastics.

He isn’t going Louisville. Time to move onto your 3rd or 4th options since your AD bungled this one.

Like being 2-0 in bucket games?
Like going 7-6? (which I'm pretty sure is better than 6-6)
Like 2 straight bowl games with mostly kids that achieved nothing prior to that?
Like winning a bowl game in his first year?
Like winning as many games as last year despite significant losses on defense and a difficult schedule that many predicted would have them taking a step back record-wise?
Like overcoming some early season difficult losses and not losing the team or giving up on the season?
Like bringing in a highly ranked recruiting class?
Like beating 3 ranked opponents, including completely undressing the #2 team in the country on national television?
Like any of that?
Have a better take.

no comparison, given the hole Hazell left compared to Hope's or Tiller's.

Jeff Brohm was talking about the foundation and the future after the IU win and was asked if he would be part of that future: “Yes, I’m looking forward to it”

First, I personally think Brohm would be an idiot to leave Purdue for Louisville.

Second, that being said, he did use SEVERAL qualifiers in his presser -- 'right now' ... 'at this time' ... 'at this moment' ... etc.

Third., he absolutely positively DID NOT affirm that he is staying at Purdue.

Those are the facts...

First, I personally think Brohm would be an idiot to leave Purdue for Louisville.

Second, that being said, he did use SEVERAL qualifiers in his presser -- 'right now' ... 'at this time' ... 'at this moment' ... etc.

Third., he absolutely positively DID NOT affirm that he is staying at Purdue.

Those are the facts...
Again, don’t really care. If he leaves then ‘THANK YOU’ for making us better and giving ‘hope’. ‘The best of luck to you and your entire family’.
We will be fine with our leadership. MBobo will no doubt bring in a great coach who will keep just enough of these recruits plus anyone who comes here will bring along with them some recruits like Brohm did.
I hope he stays, he should stay based on what Rondale says he said to him. Rondale also went to the same HS as Brohm AND the UofL AD. That’s probably sacred ground you don’t go burning bridges on by ‘wordsmithing’ to your All-American 18-year old to make him comfortable with rumors until after the Bucket Game. By all accounts Rondale is pretty intelligent young man, it would the only BAD THING that CJB would have done at Purdue but when trying to recruit/convince kids to come to the Dumpster-Fire at UofL Moore would I’m sure not shy away from rehashing ‘the truth’ when future Blue-Chippers reach out to him...they all do, that’s how that works.

Reactions: 02boiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT