ADVERTISEMENT

Bridget Perry ...

KODK

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
doesn't appear to be available today vs. Ohio State. She's not warming up, nor can I find her in the building.

Starters played hard and well against OSU. Unfortunately, we got outcoached in the last 2 minutes.

Starters played hard and well against OSU. Unfortunately, we got outcoached in the last 2 minutes.

Not sure why you say we got "outcoached." Our shots were just not falling in the 2nd half. Can't hit 1 out of 14 3's (or whatever) and expect to win. Without Perry in there I thought we did a hell of a job, including Coach Versyp. We were short in our roster and short on the floor compared to all of OSU's trees.

Not sure why you say we got "outcoached." Our shots were just not falling in the 2nd half. Can't hit 1 out of 14 3's (or whatever) and expect to win. Without Perry in there I thought we did a hell of a job, including Coach Versyp. We were short in our roster and short on the floor compared to all of OSU's trees.
Read again. I said we were outcoached in the last 2 minutes. Several opportunities with 10-15 seconds left coming out of a timeout. None I remember as being successful or like there was a plan to get an open shot. I thought the ladies played hard on both ends against a very talented team. So, correct me. Was it poor execution of a several well devised plans coming out of the timeouts?

Read again. I said we were outcoached in the last 2 minutes. Several opportunities with 10-15 seconds left coming out of a timeout. None I remember as being successful or like there was a plan to get an open shot. I thought the ladies played hard on both ends against a very talented team. So, correct me. Was it poor execution of a several well devised plans coming out of the timeouts?

I am not sure I understand your question. If you were asking if plays were drawn up in the last couple of timeouts, I am sure there were. As a coach you draw up plays and have faith that your players can execute. Unfortunately that did not happen. In the last few mins of the game our team could not seem to make any baskets.

If you are going to dis Versyp for that, how about giving her credit for the first half of the game where she drew up a game plan that stymied the Buckeyes? Especially given one of her best players, a senior who has been very dependable, was not available. Too bad tOSU eventually adjusted and eked out a win.

Yes, I agree the team "played hard on both ends."

Last edited:
This game told a lot about this program. Knows what it is doing and plays really hard and knows how to play winning D. The lack of depth due to recruiting and injuries is the problem and only one of those can something be done about. I fully believe it we had Perry we would have won this close game, but we'll never know. I am predicting 9-9 in BT, at least one BTT tourney win and the NIT.

Reactions: DocRon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT