ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-Nebraska Video

Mar 10, 2015
Coach Gearlds spoke to the media today and I thought I'd share a few nuggets.

She talked about Jones becoming more of a scorer again instead of a facilitator. Some might look at her stature (5'8) and assume point guard but she is more of an off guard, always was in highschool as well but with the lack of a backup PG, she's filled in a bit this year. CKG reiterated all of this in the video.

CKG's face lights up everytime Amiyah Reynolds is brought up, she'll be a difference maker for us next season. I'd expect her to be the starting PG.

CKG mentioned it'll be a emotional senior day for her this season. The interesting part was she mentioned the 4 seniors that "are gunna go through it". Kind of seems Madison Layden won't be taking her extra year.

Last note - Mckenna Layden still out, might be ready for BTT.

I agree that Amiyah Reynolds will probably be the starting point next year. Watching and listening to Coach when she is talking about Amiyah has me excited to watch her play.

But I'll be shocked if Madison doesn't come back.....especially with McKenna on the team now. They are very close.

Reactions: tomgloe
I agree that Amiyah Reynolds will probably be the starting point next year. Watching and listening to Coach when she is talking about Amiyah has me excited to watch her play.

But I'll be shocked if Madison doesn't come back.....especially with McKenna on the team now. They are very close.
Yeah I think Paige Beuckers went through senior night at Uconn recently but still announced she's coming back for another year, so maybe Madison does the same.

Yeah I think Paige Beuckers went through senior night at Uconn recently but still announced she's coming back for another year, so maybe Madison does the same.
She’s getting married, if I’m her husband I tell her to milk paid college one last year, if I’m him it gives a chance to hit Harry’s one more year lol

Reactions: tomgloe
Coach Gearlds spoke to the media today and I thought I'd share a few nuggets.

She talked about Jones becoming more of a scorer again instead of a facilitator. Some might look at her stature (5'8) and assume point guard but she is more of an off guard, always was in highschool as well but with the lack of a backup PG, she's filled in a bit this year. CKG reiterated all of this in the video.

CKG's face lights up everytime Amiyah Reynolds is brought up, she'll be a difference maker for us next season. I'd expect her to be the starting PG.

CKG mentioned it'll be a emotional senior day for her this season. The interesting part was she mentioned the 4 seniors that "are gunna go through it". Kind of seems Madison Layden won't be taking her extra year.

Last note - Mckenna Layden still out, might be ready for BTT.
You can go through Senior day and still return. For Madison, however, she isn’t returning. According to online and social media, she’s getting married in September. Wish her the best but I’m fine with her leaving. We need competitors every single game. She’s seemed more miserable than she has happy. Maybe their family used her to get McKenna into a B1G program so McKenna will likely remain. Otherwise she would be at a mid major. From the basketball folks I know, the girls actually aren’t super close.

Last edited:
She’s getting married, if I’m her husband I tell her to milk paid college one last year, if I’m him it gives a chance to hit Harry’s one more year lol
And where are they getting the money from to live together? If he's graduating as well, he's off to the working world, and I cannot believe he would want his new wife to be left in the college environment away from him.

And where are they getting the money from to live together? If he's graduating as well, he's off to the working world, and I cannot believe he would want his new wife to be left in the college environment away from him.
I’m sure they’d be ok money wise if she wanted to return, it was more a joke than anything, personally I don’t care what she does. As I’ve said in numerous posts this season, all the old heads can move on, all are very replaceable. I’m sure they’re great ladies, on good teams they’re all bench players.

Reactions: HoopDad317
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT