ADVERTISEMENT

Brees MVP??

Unless the saints stumble I don’t see how he isn’t

The league will push Goff simply because the crowds in LA are pathetic

Mahomes is a threat if the Chiefs keep winning

Reactions: Jack_Ripper
He isn't just great. he's just the nicest guy. You don't see that much anymore with all the huge egos.

Reactions: ChuckJr
The Saints are firing on all cylinders right now. Brees is the biggest reason for that. At age 39, he is having one of his best seasons, if not the best.

Does he finally get the MVP award that he has deserved for at least once, if not twice, already?
What is nice is we get to watch on thanksgiving night from the dome. It's special if you have not watched the Saints. Drew is incredible. The stats speak for themselves.

I stopped watching the NFL, but haven't ignored what's going on.

His completion percentage is off-the-charts ridiculous: 76.9%.

25/1 TD/int ratio.

Rating of 126.9.

All with an average of 33.4 attempt per game.

Those are video game numbers. He's a freak. Nobody is close to him in any of those categories.

The NFL has become a QB game. If he keeps that up for the next month, I don't see anyone beating him for NFL MVP.

No, they don’t. It’s mahomes or brees.

This. My heart says Brees, but he has been overlooked before, and Mahomes is putting up unreal numbers. I think it'll be him, unfortunately. But Brees has a legit chance to be holding the Lombardi Trophy when it's all done.

I posted this last week, but with the Brohm situation, it was overlooked. Brees' NFL and Purdue yardage combined is approaching 50 miles!

Reactions: drfpurdue
No, they don’t. It’s mahomes or brees.
This. My heart says Brees, but he has been overlooked before, and Mahomes is putting up unreal numbers. I think it'll be him, unfortunately. But Brees has a legit chance to be holding the Lombardi Trophy when it's all done.
It would be a shame if Mahomes got it over Brees. I realize it is a single season award, but when in doubt give it to the guy who has proven over the course of 2 decades that he is not a flash in the pan.

It would be a shame if Mahomes got it over Brees. I realize it is a single season award, but when in doubt give it to the guy who has proven over the course of 2 decades that he is not a flash in the pan.

After last night's game, I'm coming back around to it being Brees. Mahomes' yards and TDs are pretty amazing, but he also had 5 turnovers, which contributed to his team losing. Brees' TD-INT ratio is incredible. The Saints are positioned be the top seed in the NFC.

After last night's game, I'm coming back around to it being Brees. Mahomes' yards and TDs are pretty amazing, but he also had 5 turnovers, which contributed to his team losing. Brees' TD-INT ratio is incredible. The Saints are positioned be the top seed in the NFC.
I just can't believe people still say things like Brees is a product of a system or the talent around him, whereas they have already annointed Mahomes the next big thing. It has everything to do with flash and style of play. The problem is that every few years there is another guy like Mahomes that has a great season or two, but burns out and never reaches the Brady/Manning/Rodgers/Brees echelon. The very reason Mahomes is doing so well early is because Andy Reed is an offensive genius, built their entire offense around the strengths of Mahomes, and surrounded him with great offensive weapons.

Thankfully Mahomes was humbled last night. Sure, 6 TD's but 3 Int's won't help the MVP ballot box.

Reactions: FirstDownB
I just can't believe people still say things like Brees is a product of a system or the talent around him, whereas they have already annointed Mahomes the next big thing. It has everything to do with flash and style of play. The problem is that every few years there is another guy like Mahomes that has a great season or two, but burns out and never reaches the Brady/Manning/Rodgers/Brees echelon. The very reason Mahomes is doing so well early is because Andy Reed is an offensive genius, built their entire offense around the strengths of Mahomes, and surrounded him with great offensive weapons.

Yeah, it may not have been clear from my comment, but I agree.

Reactions: FirstDownB
Nope. Bears have two players who will take a ton of votes..

And what players are they? I can only assume you mean Trubisky and Mack. Yes, Trubisky is having a great season and one of the major reasons the Bears are 7-3 and not 3-7, but he doesn't hold a candle to Brees/Mahomes/Goff just at the QB position.

Mack will get votes, but far from a ton.

And what players are they? I can only assume you mean Trubisky and Mack. Yes, Trubisky is having a great season and one of the major reasons the Bears are 7-3 and not 3-7, but he doesn't hold a candle to Brees/Mahomes/Goff just at the QB position.

Mack will get votes, but far from a ton.

Those are the two. Trubisky is having a fantastic year and Mack is the best pick up for the Bears since Sweetness. Both will get votes but if I had to vote, I'd say Brees has to be in the running for sure.

With Drew's performance again yesterday, I hope voters give him the first MVP award that he should have received by now. He had 4 TD. He had another TD that the TE dropped and the 1 INT should have been pass interference on Atlanta. Go Drew!

That missed PI call was similar to the one we didn't get called against Northwestern.

New Orleans' receiving corps is going to cost Drew the MVP and.. mark these words.. a second Super Bowl ring.

The game last night against Carolina I watched about 20 minutes and saw a well placed pass that bounced off the helmet of a WR into a defender's hands for a pick. Then I saw the tight end drop a perfectly placed downfield throw. Basically the opponent can double cover Thomas and the Saints have no reliable second option in the passing game or deep threat.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
New Orleans' receiving corps is going to cost Drew the MVP and.. mark these words.. a second Super Bowl ring.

The game last night against Carolina I watched about 20 minutes and saw a well placed pass that bounced off the helmet of a WR into a defender's hands for a pick. Then I saw the tight end drop a perfectly placed downfield throw. Basically the opponent can double cover Thomas and the Saints have no reliable second option in the passing game or deep threat.

The defense is finally good enough and lack of adequate WRs.

I'd say Kamara is a good 2nd option in the passing game, but I get the point. I thought Brees made a couple of poor decisions last night as did Payton. I thought the play to Tommy Lee Jones .... I mean Lewis was stupid.

Carolina's defense played amazingly last night. Plus N.O. was down to its last linemen due to injury. Get that squared away, win one more game and the NFC goes through NOLA which will be huge.

Last edited:

Agree, I'm stunned that their receivers were dropping passes that were easily placed to their hands. Do their job and catch the damn ball! Very surprised that Brandon Marshall's skills could not make that team and he was dropped. Must have been a fast drop off the cliff.

Getting a bit tired of the cutesy Taysom Hill at QB and Drew at WR. Sure, the wildcat works and Taysom did get one good run in. However, better defenses await in the playoffs and will stuff that crap before it even starts. Saints are paying a QB $20 Million to be a QB not a WR.
Do your job Sean Payton and stop being so cute/clever and use your personnel the way they are intended. Last comment, why is TommyLee Lewis carrying the ball near the goal line and not Kamara or Ingram? Oh, that's right, Sean Payton being cute again! Damn near cost them the game if Cam Newton's shoulder wasn't injured, they'd have marched down the field for a chance to tie or win. Saints got Lucky last night. That luck will run out on them if they keep wanting to play cute against a Very Good Defense in playoffs. I.E. Chicago Bears.

Last edited:
Reactions: GA Gold
Saints to get back to the Siper Bowl is going to start with home field advantage. They are a completely different team when they play in the Dome.

Reactions: DannyGranger
Agree, I'm stunned that their receivers were dropping passes that were easily placed to their hands. Do their job and catch the damn ball! Very surprised that Brandon Marshall's skills could not make that team and he was dropped. Must have been a fast drop off the cliff.

Getting a bit tired of the cutesy Taysom Hill at QB and Drew at WR. Sure, the wildcat works and Taysom did get one good run in. However, better defenses await in the playoffs and will stuff that crap before it even starts. Saints are paying a QB $20 Million to be a QB not a WR.
Do your job Sean Payton and stop being so cute/clever and use your personnel the way they are intended. Last comment, why is TommyLee Lewis carrying the ball near the goal line and not Kamara or Ingram? Oh, that's right, Sean Payton being cute again! Damn near cost them the game if Cam Newton's shoulder wasn't injured, they'd have marched down the field for a chance to tie or win. Saints got Lucky last night. That luck will run out on them if they keep wanting to play cute against a Very Good Defense in playoffs. I.E. Chicago Bears.
I think Ginn is about to come back, so they don't need Marshall.

Need the win today against Pittsburgh. I don't like using Hill as a passer from time to time. Already has thrown an INT early today. Saints are up though.

Reactions: RDUBoiler
Sounds like they were missing a couple of key pieces on the offensive line. I think that's probably more consequential than a 4th or 5th receiver.

Saints with home field advantage through the playoffs!!
I will go out on a limb and say it: Drew Brees 2018 MVP. The NFL loves human interest stories, and Drew has been overlooked too long. At his age and all things accomplished, this is his year. How neat if Saints make Super Bowl...I wouldn't even mind if they beat my beloved Bears to get there!

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
Patrick Mahomes is a great player and will have his MVP year. Just not 2018. I hope the voters feel the same way.

I know a bunch of AFC players that would pick Drew after knocking the Stillers to 7th place in tbe Wild Card race.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT