ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Miller update

Schmedly_Whiplash

Sophomore
Nov 5, 2022
Someone mentioned him in a post and jogged my memory. We've discussed him before, I was pretty sure he had/has a big place at Clear Lake east of Fremont (gated drive that disappears in the woods, no house in view) while others were sure he was moved west full time some years back.
Turns out both are true. And that he has accumulated 600 acres attached to that property AND has it in his will that all of that land and house are to be donated to the Boys & Girls club that he's always supported.
WOW!! Talking millions.
I always liked him as a player (total crock that some thought him soft), and now even more.
Not bad for a kid from Kendallville eh?

He has stayed true to his roots. Being from this area, we appreciate what he has done for Big Brothers/Big Sisters and 4H in the neighboring counties. Very approachable guy when out in public and just a good guy. His Mother is also a very nice person. Below is a link to the article.

He has stayed true to his roots. Being from this area, we appreciate what he has done for Big Brothers/Big Sisters and 4H in the neighboring counties. Very approachable guy when out in public and just a good guy. His Mother is also a very nice person. Below is a link to the article.

Great story thanks for posting

Someone mentioned him in a post and jogged my memory. We've discussed him before, I was pretty sure he had/has a big place at Clear Lake east of Fremont (gated drive that disappears in the woods, no house in view) while others were sure he was moved west full time some years back.
Turns out both are true. And that he has accumulated 600 acres attached to that property AND has it in his will that all of that land and house are to be donated to the Boys & Girls club that he's always supported.
WOW!! Talking millions.
I always liked him as a player (total crock that some thought him soft), and now even more.
My in-laws have a place on Clear and my buddy has a place on Sylvan. I don't believe he's on Clear but Sylvan.

As a Milwaukee Bucks fan I could never understand what they drafted tractor trailer with their first round pick. Miller dominated Traylor every time Purdue played Michigan

Reactions: Boiler Buck
WOW!! Talking millions.
some thought he was soft? maybe Allison never Miller

WOW!! Talking millions.
fellow red wine drinker like me

My in-laws have a place on Clear and my buddy has a place on Sylvan. I don't believe he's on Clear but Sylvan.
his place isnt' on the water. It's on the other side of the road that goes behind the lake front homes on the east side of the lake. Just an unmarked gated drive disappearing into the dense woods. We're on the east side as well, a couple hundred yards from the entrance to his place. We've never seen him around or on the water in the 10 years I've been going up there, or I sure would have said hi. There are small lakes back in those woods so i'm guessing that he prefers quiet for his for boating.
Sometimes sounds like a shooting range back there, which I'd assume he has.

from the story:
“Now I have over 600 acres on the east side of Clear Lake. I built it up over time; bought a few acres here and a few acres there." “
"Country Boys Outdoors” is all shot at the lodge on the property. We’ll also travel and go to places like Florida to do a spear fishing episode."
This was interesting as some thought all the country boys stuff was shot out west.

Last edited:
some thought he was soft? maybe Allison never Miller
oh HELL yes. Was ridiculous, he had NO help up front in his years at Purdue. 6'5" power forwards at that time. Teams beat the snot out of him like they do Zach now. That was early days of the web forums and the first time I was ready to throttle fellow boiler fans. (probably not the last)

Last edited:
My inlaws from my 2nd marriage is my pass in as well. Crazy nice lake.
Where is their place? Do you go? We're up there most summer weekends.

Yes, I used to go up there often. They actually sold their place in November. They were on the southern end not far from Delagrange/Korte's place or across from the Gold coast. I used to love it up there and way less traffic compared to James. Also, less human feces. haha

Awesome story. Awesome Boiler. I just wish he was more involved with Boiler Sports. It doesn't appear that he is.

oh HELL yes. Was ridiculous, he had NO help up front in his years at Purdue. 6'5" power forwards at that time. Teams beat the snot out of him like they do Zach now. That was early days of the web forums and the first time I was ready to throttle fellow boiler fans. (probably not the last)

6-5"? Lol
Well Brad Millers team in his last 2 years included.....
6-8" Cardinal, McQuay & Lesmond

But it is true the refs allow defenses in the B10 for years to today to flat out abuse the bigs

Last edited:
Reactions: rgarlitz
Yes, my buddy confirmed that his lake place is still on Sylvan on Eastgate drive. He see's him all the time on the lake.

Yes, I used to go up there often. They actually sold their place in November. They were on the southern end not far from Delagrange/Korte's place or across from the Gold coast. I used to love it up there and way less traffic compared to James. Also, less human feces. haha
it's the best kept secret in boating. Not even on the 4th of July is it crazy like it is on James every weekend. (shhhh)

Reactions: Poprudy
Just FYI. If you like to relax and fish? Check out the connected Round lake. It's so peaceful over there with great fishing.
I learned to efoil on Round lake and go there on paddleboard and kayak often. I"m an HPV (human powered vehicle) enthusiast, so the wake free water is heaven compared to fighting wake boat wakes. (they could ban those as far as I'm concerned)
If I was buying there, I'd be on Round lake, the quiet and calm water all the time and the big lake just a culvert pass away. I've never fished there and seldom see anyone fishing there. Interesting.!

I learned to efoil on Round lake and go there on paddleboard and kayak often. I"m an HPV (human powered vehicle) enthusiast, so the wake free water is heaven compared to fighting wake boat wakes. (they could ban those as far as I'm concerned)
If I was buying there, I'd be on Round lake, the quiet and calm water all the time and the big lake just a culvert pass away. I've never fished there and seldom see anyone fishing there. Interesting.!
Couldn't agree more on the wake boats! We live on Hamilton lake and I can't stand the wake boats.

Yeah, I know, shut up old man we're not on your lawn!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: rgarlitz
Couldn't agree more on the wake boats! We live on Hamilton lake and I can't stand the wake boats.

that's the thing, it's NOT just their yard. There's growing research that wake boats are doing a lot of damage to the bottoms of lakes. It's amazing how much the water "clears" after labor day when the boat traffic slows. They just move so much more water ( i know, duh).
What frustrates me is when they run around not towing anyone but still with the ballasts full, making huge wakes when there is no point (maybe "look at me!"?)
Im hoping to retire next year or so and I'll probably get involved with the conservancy at Clear, they are doing good work on water quality and such, and I think in 2024 comes out the first "scientific"? study on the effects of wake boats on lake bottoms. 3 year study I think. (?) maybe state sponsored. Sorry, just glanced at their newest newsletter.
Really hoping this doesn't turn into another us/them issue. But it easily could.

Hamilton is such a great lake. I have a confession.....that when the Rock quarry portion was under development and it went into foreclosure. I had an option to purchase a lot for 30k. It was a lottery system and my buddy was the broker on the deal. So, I got pushed to #3 in line🤫 but my wife said NO! Haha

My buddy is trying to purchase Acapulco. Great location.

that's the thing, it's NOT just their yard. There's growing research that wake boats are doing a lot of damage to the bottoms of lakes. It's amazing how much the water "clears" after labor day when the boat traffic slows. They just move so much more water ( i know, duh).
What frustrates me is when they run around not towing anyone but still with the ballasts full, making huge wakes when there is no point (maybe "look at me!"?)
Im hoping to retire next year or so and I'll probably get involved with the conservancy at Clear, they are doing good work on water quality and such, and I think in 2024 comes out the first "scientific"? study on the effects of wake boats on lake bottoms. 3 year study I think. (?) maybe state sponsored. Sorry, just glanced at their newest newsletter.
Really hoping this doesn't turn into another us/them issue. But it easily could.
Man, have you ever seen the huge competition speed boat up there? He flies sometimes.

There a lot of good people up there with a lot of newbies coming in. Keep that beauty of the lake "clear". Love it and spent many of the last 28 years up there.

They do a heck of a job during the 4th with fireworks as well.

Hamilton is such a great lake. I have a confession.....that when the Rock quarry portion was under development and it went into foreclosure. I had an option to purchase a lot for 30k. It was a lottery system and my buddy was the broker on the deal. So, I got pushed to #3 in line🤫 but my wife said NO! Haha

My buddy is trying to purchase Acapulco. Great location.
Yeah, there are many folks that wish they would have purchased those lots in Crystal bay/Crystal cove when they were still affordable! Ridiculous now.

I hope he is successful with getting the Mexican restaurant purchased. That would make a lot of folks around here happy. It's only been closed for a short time and it's missed already!

Even worse than that. They drafted Dirk and traded him for Tractor Traylor. Not to rub salt in the wound…
Dirk informed the entire NBA. That he would remain in Europe unless he was drafted by the Mavs. He did the. Same thing Kobe Bryant did when he dictated he’d only play for the Lakers.

I’m not upset the Bucks traded Dirk to the Mavs. I’m more upset the Bucks could have drafted Pierce rather than allowing him to go to the Celtics. And also passing up on Miller in the second round.

Wasn’t just the B1G. They let Stanford bloody him up in the tournament game in St. Louis.
There were games he was bleeding from multiple places. There were times I wanted to run out on the court and level one of them for him. I think Zach takes less beating now because he has more 'help' in other big guys. (and I DO think Zach gets fouled endlessly)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT