ADVERTISEMENT

Brackets

If Duke beats VA…Duke will have defeated three (3) teams tied for ACC regular season title: VA, Miami of Florida and Pitt.

Also…Purdue will have defeated three (3) conference tournament champions: Gonzaga, Marquette and Duke.

I think Duke is a three (3) seed if the Blue Devils win the ACC Tournament.
Well one thing the committee can do in theory is have "Duke/VA winner" on a 3-line, and "Duke/VA loser" on a 4-line. Not unheard of.

If Duke beats VA…Duke will have defeated two (2) teams tied for ACC regular season title: VA and Miami of Florida.

Also…Purdue will have defeated three (3) conference tournament champions: Gonzaga, Marquette and Duke.

I think Duke is a three (3) seed if the Blue Devils win the ACC Tournament.
Miami didn’t have their big rebounder playing I think but Duke is looking good tonight. We beat the Big East tourney champs and now maybe the ACC tourney champs.

Top eight (8) teams in the tournament in alphabetical order:

Alabama
Gonzaga
Houston
Kansas
Marquette
Purdue
Texas
UCLA

Purdue is 2-0 against this group of teams.

Then it's someone else because it's certainly NOT Gonzaga. I would bet on Arizona. Heavily.

I did my mock bracket last night. A little rushed because of daylight savings time, but here are some nuggets:

#1s, in order:
Houston (MW)
Alabama (S)
Kansas (W)
Purdue (E)

#2s, in order
UCLA (W)
Texas (S)
Arizona (E)
Marquette (MW)

Purdue 1st Round opponent: Winner of Texas A&M CC vs SE Missouri St. I think we will get a PIG winner because the other 3 likely pods play Thursday. The Columbus pod plays Friday.

8/9 in Purdue regional: Boise St vs Auburn. I've been kinda pegging Auburn for weeks for the 2nd round because I've got a grad who works for me now. Then it ended up just working out that way. I got a little stuck because I've got Illinois, Iowa and Penn St in 8/9 games that can't be with Purdue.

Last 4 in, in order: NC State, Nevada, Mississippi St, Arizona St (last in)

First 3 out, in order: Clemson, Vanderbilt, Rutgers. Didn't really have a logical 4th to last out, but one of the usual suspects of Michigan, North Carolina, Oklahoma State. All of them were quickly eliminated.

Other B1G:
Indiana 5
Northwestern 6
Michigan St 7
Maryland 7
Iowa 8
Illinois 9
Penn St 9

In Purdue's region:
2 Arizona
3 Kansas St
4 Virginia
5 St. Mary's
6 Creighton
7 Michigan St
8 Boise St
9 Auburn
10 W. Virginia
11 Arkansas
12 Charleston
13 Kent St
14 Colgate
15 UC Santa Barbara
16 A&M CC vs SE Missouri St

I did my mock bracket last night. A little rushed because of daylight savings time, but here are some nuggets:

#1s, in order:
Houston (MW)
Alabama (S)
Kansas (W)
Purdue (E)

#2s, in order
UCLA (W)
Texas (S)
Arizona (E)
Marquette (MW)

Purdue 1st Round opponent: Winner of Texas A&M CC vs SE Missouri St. I think we will get a PIG winner because the other 3 likely pods play Thursday. The Columbus pod plays Friday.

8/9 in Purdue regional: Boise St vs Auburn. I've been kinda pegging Auburn for weeks for the 2nd round because I've got a grad who works for me now. Then it ended up just working out that way. I got a little stuck because I've got Illinois, Iowa and Penn St in 8/9 games that can't be with Purdue.

First 3 out, in order: Clemson, Vanderbilt, Rutgers. Didn't really have a logical 4th to last out, but one of the usual suspects of Michigan, North Carolina, Oklahoma State. All of them were quickly eliminated.

Other B1G:
Indiana 5
Northwestern 6
Michigan St 7
Maryland 7
Iowa 8
Illinois 9
Penn St 9

In Purdue's region:
2 Arizona
3 Kansas St
4 Virginia
5 St. Mary's
6 Creighton
7 Michigan St
8 Boise St
9 Auburn
10 W. Virginia
11 Arkansas
12 Charleston
13 Kent St
14 Colgate
15 UC Santa Barbara

Lot of good work/thoughts there, Chi-Boiler. I wonder what the Committee will do with Duke/Virginia......going with Houston/UCLA (WEST), Kansas/Marquette (MIDWEST), Alabama/Texas (SOUTH), and Purdue/Arizona (EAST). I am usually wrong somewhere on seeds/regions......haha.

#1s, in order:
Houston (MW)
Alabama (S)
Kansas (W)
Purdue (E)

#2s, in order
UCLA (W)
Texas (S)
Arizona (E)
Marquette (MW)

Other B1G:
Indiana 5
Northwestern 6
Michigan St 7
Maryland 7
Iowa 8
Illinois 9
Penn St 9

In Purdue's region:
2 Arizona
3 Kansas St
4 Virginia
5 St. Mary's
6 Creighton
7 Michigan St
8 Boise St
9 Auburn
10 W. Virginia
11 Arkansas
12 Charleston
13 Kent St
14 Colgate
15 UC Santa Barbara
You have Rutgers out of the tournament??

Lot of good work/thoughts there, Chi-Boiler. I wonder what the Committee will do with Duke/Virginia......going with Houston/UCLA (WEST), Kansas/Marquette (MIDWEST), Alabama/Texas (SOUTH), and Purdue/Arizona (EAST). I am usually wrong somewhere on seeds/regions......haha.
That's fair too. Really just flipping KU and Houston. I think it's incredibly close between the top 3.

Yep. Surprised myself actually.
I don't disagree with you personally. I've made it pretty clear how I feel about the B1G this season.

But that would be a big surprise based on where they seem to be perceived by some bracket guys. Lunardi doesn't even have them in Dayton.

I don't disagree with you personally. I've made it pretty clear how I feel about the B1G this season.

But that would be a big surprise based on where they seem to be perceived by some bracket guys. Lunardi doesn't even have them in Dayton.
Yeah, just a weird bad feeling about them. I'm probably wrong lol

I will split the difference with Dry and Chi and say Rutgers in First Four @ Dayton. Candidly, it's not one of those years where you'd say the Big Ten (plus four) should get nine teams......however, the bubble is once again weak and you also have some P5 conferences that are weaker than usual (ACC and PAC-12).

We'll know more, today! :)

Reactions: Dryfly88
I think I did pretty well. Missed Arkansas' seed pretty badly. Boise off by 2. But got all 68 correct and most at least within 1 seed line. Probably my best ever.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
ADVERTISEMENT