ADVERTISEMENT

Brackets

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
Lunardi just moved Purdue back up to the 1-line. I don't think it's because of winning today, so maybe a delayed reaction to the Clark injury.

Marcus Sasser from Houston left with a groin injury today. I can't imagine it affects their seed though.

Everything else status quo. Kansas and Alabama look good.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Did you see Gavit on CBS between games today, he said all seeding thru 12 seeds would be set by end of today , so whether we win or lose does not effect our seed, we are set now.

Reactions: BoilerNGold013
So if Purdue is a 1 in the East, who will the committee deem the 2-4’s?

Does the committee try to shy away from potential rematches from earlier in the season? Such as Marquette

Did you see Gavit on CBS between games today, he said all seeding thru 12 seeds would be set by end of today , so whether we win or lose does not effect our seed, we are set now.
Absolutely agree, except they'll have to have a contingency in place for Dayton if they beat VCU tomorrow. Unless they don't have VCU in, which is possible.

So if Purdue is a 1 in the East, who will the committee deem the 2-4’s?

UCLA, Texas, Baylor, and Arizona could be the (2)'s - Marquette a (3) - think Indiana will be a (4).....UConn could be the (3/4) in the EAST - that could be tough draw for Purdue. Kansas State likely a 3/4.

Disclaimer - this is a stream-of-consciousness, off-the-cuff, post.

Texas A & M officially lurking as a trendy sleeper pick.

Agree completely that our game tomorrow makes no difference at all. However, we are not set right now.

The UCLA/Arizona tonight could change our seed between the #1 or #2 seed,

This Texas v Kansas game is really high level. Man
B12 has been a great conference all year.

Not talking to you personally, but this is what I've been preaching all year on here. If folks would watch games outside of the B1G, they would see that there are some really good teams out there and better than what we have in our conference. It's not a coincidence that we haven't had a champ in over 20 years....If PU doesn't win it this year, it will be another year of drought for the B1G. There is nobody else in the B1G winning it this year.

Agree completely that our game tomorrow makes no difference at all. However, we are not set right now.

The UCLA/Arizona tonight could change our seed between the #1 or #2 seed,
I think it's locked one way or the other already.

Interesting, the line is actually Arizona -1. Florida Atlantic is also a dog tonight.

Purdue opened -6 here.

I think it's locked one way or the other already.

Interesting, the line is actually Arizona -1. Florida Atlantic is also a dog tonight.

Purdue opened -6 here.
You don't think UCLA gets the #1 if they beat Arizona? You could be right, or maybe you are saying that UCLA is already the #1?

You don't think UCLA gets the #1 if they beat Arizona? You could be right, or maybe you are saying that UCLA is already the #1?
My gut, maybe because I need to take a dump right now, is that UCLA gets it. But the prevailing opinion is that Purdue gets it.

Whichever it is, I believe it is already done. Tonight/tomorrow won't change it barring an injury.

Reactions: Dryfly88
Who would we think the committee would consider the weakest # 1 seed, from the group of Houston, Alabama, Kansas and Purdue? I say Houston, based on the quality wins. Throwing them in the West as the 1, with UCLA as they’re 2, just makes sense to me. I still say Purdue ranks above UCLA in the committee’s eyes.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Who would we think the committee would consider the weakest # 1 seed, from the group of Houston, Alabama, Kansas and Purdue? I say Houston, based on the quality wins. Throwing them in the West as the 1, with UCLA as they’re 2, just makes sense to me. I still say Purdue ranks above UCLA in the committee’s eyes.
I think it's only a matter of them being weaker than Kansas. Alabama in Louisville and Purdue in NYC makes too much sense.

IMHO…#1 seeds

East…Purdue
South…Alabama
Midwest…Houston
West…UCLA

Being blown out by 20 points drops Kansas to 2-line

Kansas has 17 Quad 1 wins.

Interesting that ESPN guys mentioning Texas potentially moving up to the #1-line.

13-8 Quad 1
4-0 Quad 2

Agree that Kansas will not drop......however, if it wasn't such a big $$$$$ play.....fairness would maybe say move them from the Midwest. 17-6 Q1, 4-0, Q2 is impressive and hard to beat, regardless of a couple of recent lopsided losses to Texas.

Interesting that ESPN guys mentioning Texas potentially moving up to the #1-line.

13-8 Quad 1
4-0 Quad 2

Agree that Kansas will not drop......however, if it wasn't such a big $$$$$ play.....fairness would maybe say move them from the Midwest. 17-6 Q1, 4-0, Q2 is impressive and hard to beat, regardless of a couple of recent lopsided losses to Texas.
While I still favor Kansas, there is potential for Houston to be #1 overall, sending KU West, and then putting Texas as the #2 in KC.

I could see that....also could end up seeing Arizona as the #2 in the EAST.

We WILL know more tomorrow........
Definitely. I have Marquette and Arizona as the last 2 2s. Locations will depend on the Houston/Kansas thing, which affects what regional Texas goes to.

If Purdue is a 1:

Kansas MW
Alabama S
Houston W
Purdue E

UCLA W
Texas S
Marquette E
Arizona MW

Baylor E
Gonzaga W
UConn S
Kansas St MW??? Virginia???

If Purdue is a 1:

Kansas MW
Alabama S
Houston W
Purdue E

UCLA W
Texas S
Marquette E
Arizona MW

Baylor E
Gonzaga W
UConn S
Kansas St MW??? Virginia???

I don't know if you could put Kansas State in the MW unless they were the #2 IF Kansas is there due to the conference bracketing rules.....brings back bad memories if Kansas State was opposite Purdue in a Regional bracket. If UVA wins the ACC tournament - East?

Duke is surging too, but I don't see them in the top-4 line.

I don't know if you could put Kansas State in the MW unless they were the #2 IF Kansas is there due to the conference bracketing rules.....brings back bad memories if Kansas State was opposite Purdue in a Regional bracket. If UVA wins the ACC tournament - East?

Duke is surging too, but I don't see them in the top-4 line.
Top 3 teams in a conference have to be separated. So I've got KU, TX and Baylor split.

If Duke beats VA…Duke will have defeated two (2) teams tied for ACC regular season title: VA and Miami of Florida.

Also…Purdue will have defeated three (3) conference tournament champions: Gonzaga, Marquette and Duke.

I think Duke is a three (3) seed if the Blue Devils win the ACC Tournament.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT