ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketology

Do Dah Day

All-American
Nov 8, 2015
In Lunardi's latest bracketology, Kansas, Tennessee and Kentucky (with BYU) are in the same bracket. YIKES!!
As of now, he has Marquette, Clemson, Colo St., Duke, Gonzaga (and Lipscomb at 16) in our bracket.

• Wow
Reactions: Poprudy
In Lunardi's latest bracketology, Kansas, Tennessee and Kentucky (with BYU) are in the same bracket. YIKES!!
As of now, he has Marquette, Clemson, Colo St., Duke, Gonzaga (and Lipscomb at 16) in our bracket.
I venture to say our bracket is just as loaded if not more so

I hate our bracket. I hate playing a good team a second time in the same season.
I thought the EXACT same thing as Purdue tore through its non-conference slate. What do you bet Purdue will run into Marquette, Tennessee, Alabama, Gonzaga, or Arizona in the NCAA Tournament? There will be 62 other teams in the field, but it'll be just our luck.

I’d say that outside of the top teams we’re not even sure who’s good yet. Second weekend is going to be tough regardless.

As long as we don’t play any teams from
New Jersey…we should be fine 😂

In all seriousness though, that’s not a terrible draw, any 2 seed is going to be tough but Shaka has to prove he can get Marquette past the first weekend (like everyone says Purdue has to do). UH won’t be a 1 seed after conference play, but it’ll be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

In all seriousness though, that’s not a terrible draw, any 2 seed is going to be tough but Shaka has to prove he can get Marquette past the first weekend (like everyone says Purdue has to do). UH won’t be a 1 seed after conference play, but it’ll be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
I wouldn’t rule UH out. Somebody will come out of the Big 12 with a #1, in all likelihood, and I would call them the favorite over Kansas at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: rgarlitz

Agree.

qI thought the EXACT same thing as Purdue tore through its non-conference slate. What do you bet Purdue will run into Marquette, Tennessee, Alabama, Gonzaga, or Arizona in the NCAA Tournament? There will be 62 other teams in the field, but it'll be just our luck.
That would not be luck ... that would be a highly statistical probability. On the other hand, based on statistics from the past 20 years, the one or two we probably would meet may not make it to meeting us.

Reactions: rgarlitz
That would not be luck ... that would be a highly statistical probability. On the other hand, based on statistics from the past 20 years, the one or two we probably would meet may not make it to meeting us.
That's a good point. You get deep enough into the tournament you're going to run into quality teams. Nobody can complain about facing Arizona in the Final Four. It's Alabama in the R32 or Marquette in the S16 that would be our luck.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
That's a good point. You get deep enough into the tournament you're going to run into quality teams. Nobody can complain about facing Arizona in the Final Four. It's Alabama in the R32 or Marquette in the S16 that would be our luck.
The committee does try to avoid those kinds of rematches, but sometimes they don't have a choice.

Kentucky is one team I'd like to avoid. Those Freshman are just going to keep getting better IMO.
They have the ability to get hot and can just pour it on. Hope if we ever do see them, it’s deep in the tourney.

Could also see them flame out in the first round if things don’t go their way right off the bat.

Reactions: Roeder
The facts are there are going to be 2-3 #2 seeds that are worthy of being #1 seeds and we will have to face them and beat them to attend the final 4. You never want to face the same team twice. But we could end up facing Kansas with Kansas being a #2. I’m not sure Purdue fans would want to face Kansas either.

They have the ability to get hot and can just pour it on. Hope if we ever do see them, it’s deep in the tourney.

Could also see them flame out in the first round if things don’t go their way right off the bat.
They’ve also been playing without a couple of 7 footers (injury and ncaa clearing issue) If they get the post going with their guards, they will be dangerous.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
The facts are there are going to be 2-3 #2 seeds that are worthy of being #1 seeds and we will have to face them and beat them to attend the final 4. You never want to face the same team twice. But we could end up facing Kansas with Kansas being a #2. I’m not sure Purdue fans would want to face Kansas either.
Kansas doesn't scare me as much as Marquette.

Edey has always been fine vs Dickinson and if Hunter and Adams in foul trouble, KU will have an awful tough time beating us. But let’s hope we get that opportunity in the F4.

There are going to be some teams that Purdue doesn’t match up well against. Hopefully we won’t have to play them

I do NOT want Purdue in Detroit. I'm still not over the 1988 tournament game in Silverdome.

I do NOT want Purdue in Detroit. I'm still not over the 1988 tournament game in Silverdome.

As I mentioned to NewPal.....

The Redemption, Andy.
box.gif

Happy New Year folks....wishing you and your families much joy and happiness in 2024.

I like that bracket. Normally I would say I don’t like playing The same team twice. But I believe if we played Marquette a second time that we played that one guard so bad the first time that we would something to prove on defense to make sure he doesn’t burn us again. I believe Painter would devise a better defense to prevent him from shootings and our guards would do a better job defending him. I like playing Memphis, Baylor and UNC.

I like that bracket. Normally I would say I don’t like playing The same team twice. But I believe if we played Marquette a second time that we played that one guard so bad the first time that we would something to prove on defense to make sure he doesn’t burn us again. I believe Painter would devise a better defense to prevent him from shootings and our guards would do a better job defending him. I like playing Memphis, Baylor and UNC.

Memphis would be another one for the Redemption tour!

Reactions: BoilerAndy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT