ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketology BS

I guess my point of view...you still need to beat North Carolina. If you beat NC, then you have "easier" sweet 16 games and path down the road.

Last edited:
Don't worry about what the pundits say. I think we will be at worst a 4 and probably a 3 if we get to Sunday in the BTT. The selection committee has always liked Purdue. Last year I was shocked we were seeded so high and also we got a great seed the year JJ and Smooge were seniors.
None of these "experts" are in the decision room so their opinion means less than an IU fan's :p
Greg Sheehan said we could move up in a big way with a good BTT (today on radio). So a Michigan State vs Purdue BTT final and then erasing MSU by a decent margin (5+) puts us at a #2 seed. We take care of our business and just a few things fall our way and we got this. #BOILERBELIEVE2

Last edited:
You imply the the "seed" makes the final four and not the "team". A team like Purdue isn't going to auto-magically go to the final four as a #2 seed. Likewise a top team like Kansas will likely make the final four whether there are seed #1 or #5. The seeding is just that seeding.

I implied nothing like that because it isn't an either/or. A good team had a chance to go far in the tournament no matter what seed they have. But a good team has a better chance to go far in the tournament with a higher seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT