ADVERTISEMENT

Boston Celtics

An interesting take from a Philadelphia 76'ers fan's perspective....
excerpt from 215.com (a Philadelphia City Sports blog):

"I mean come on, why didn’t Brand give Ainge the 34th overall pick for crying out loud? Why let Boston’s GM stick it to the team two picks in a row?

And worst of all, Edwards has a chance to be really good for the Celtics right away.

A three-year starter with the Boilermakers, Edwards got better and better with each passing season in West Lafayette; culminating his career with a stat line of 24.3 points, 1.3 steals, 2.9 assists, and 3.6 rebounds a night in 35.4 minutes of action.

Sure, he needs to get a bit better at his 3 point shooting consistency, as Edwards only knocked down 281 of his 763 attempts in college, but it’s conceivable to assume the 6-foot-1 combo guard could immediately translate his talents to the NBA and become the Lou Williams‘-style scorer that many projected him to be in the pre-draft process (like yours truly).

With both Kyrie Irving and Terry Rozier set to test the market on June 30th, adding a young, cost-controlled guard with three years off college experience and a bulldog’s mentality is pretty incredible value in the second round, regardless of how free agency shakes out.

That’s why actually using draft picks to add players is so important: it gives you cheap optionality that’s very hard to come by otherwise.

Could Edwards conceivably spend the majority of his rookie season on the bench? Totally, but it’s just as likely – probably more likely – that Edwards ends up replacing Rozier’s role as Boston’s backup point guard, playing very meaningful minutes behind Irving, Marcus Smart, Malcolm Brogdon, or even Scary Terry himself (though after this ESPN appearance it seems very unlikely).
"

Reactions: DannyGranger
just hoping they give carsen a real opportunity to play. swanigan is still not getting a chance and jj never did. will be interesting to see if romeo can make it , as i have my doubts he is nba material.
Romeo is so lazy it is sick. He cannot hit (college) 3's and cannot shoot Free Throws. He was drafted based on High School - where he should have dominated. His year at IU exposed all of his (many) flaws. I was shocked he went 15th. Carson will be taking most of Romeo's minutes.

Romeo is so lazy it is sick. He cannot hit (college) 3's and cannot shoot Free Throws. He was drafted based on High School - where he should have dominated. His year at IU exposed all of his (many) flaws. I was shocked he went 15th. Carson will be taking most of Romeo's minutes.
There are many things wrong with this post, but I'll stick to the things that can be disproven with facts.

"He cannot hit Free Throws"
- Romeo shot 72% from the free throw line. For reference, that would have been the 3rd best percentage on Purdue (Carsen 84%, Bourdreaux 74%).

"I was shocked he went 15th"
-Romeo was drafted 14th.

"Carson will be taking most of Romeo's minutes"

- Carsen*** and Romeo play two different positions (Carsen - PG, Romeo - SG), so their minutes will not affect each other.

Hope this helps.

There are many things wrong with this post, but I'll stick to the things that can be disproven with facts.

- Carsen*** and Romeo play two different positions (Carsen - PG, Romeo - SG), so their minutes will not affect each other.

Hope this helps.

I am not sure how you call Romeo a "shooting guard" when he shot 27% from a (college) 3 Point Line. Our "point guard" averaged 8 points more per game than Romeo, and shot 35% from 3. See it how you want to, but most IU Fans (that I know) are glad he left for the NBA.

I am not sure how you call Romeo a "shooting guard" when he shot 27% from a (college) 3 Point Line. Our "point guard" averaged 8 points more per game than Romeo, and shot 35% from 3. See it how you want to, but most IU Fans (that I know) are glad he left for the NBA.
Do you not consider DeMar Derozan or Dwayne Wade Shooting Guards either, because they were were career <30% 3pt shooters.

Do you not consider Steph Curry and Damien Lillard Point Guards because they shoot well from 3 and score a bunch of points.

Would you have been able to understand the point better if I said Carsen is a 1 and Romeo is a 2, so their minutes will not affect each other?

There are some IU fans who are glad to see Romeo gone. Those same fans are probably the ones thinking we had a chance of hiring Brad Stevens, or that we should have hired Steve Alford. Those fans are delusional.

Reactions: 3generboiler
Most IU fans I know wish Romeo would have taken Lil' Arch with him.

Do you not consider DeMar Derozan or Dwayne Wade Shooting Guards either, because they were were career <30% 3pt shooters.

Do you not consider Steph Curry and Damien Lillard Point Guards because they shoot well from 3 and score a bunch of points.

Would you have been able to understand the point better if I said Carsen is a 1 and Romeo is a 2, so their minutes will not affect each other?

There are some IU fans who are glad to see Romeo gone. Those same fans are probably the ones thinking we had a chance of hiring Brad Stevens, or that we should have hired Steve Alford. Those fans are delusional.
IU will never have a coach of Brad's ability again. And Alford will not come if asked (fact) so ya'll are going to continue to live the Knight curse

My takeaway from the interview... the media loved his honesty and humility

Paraphrasing -

"I'm just going to do whatever they ask me to do....."

"......if coach wants me to guard a 4 on a switch, I'll do it and try to be as physical as possible."

"I know I have a lot to work on, and I just want to be the best player for the team as I can be....."

"Thankful for the opportunity."

Love the attitude, and I'm not surprised......it's a good base from which to maximize his opportunity.....give em hell, C-Boogie.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Romeo has a minimum 3-5 year NBA career just based on potential. Carsen will see that and possibly more based on grit. Dude is a straight beast and has a heart of a lion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT