ADVERTISEMENT

Boston Celtics

For Carsen's sake, I just hope Stevens stays in Boston and doesn't go to IU, his dream job. Lots of my IU friends have pretty much told someday he will be in Bloomington.

Couldn't be more excited for him. Kyrie Irving is on his way out and Brad Stevens gives minutes to the guys who produce. Getting a good coach when you first enter the league is paramount, and he's getting a top 5 coach to kick things off.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Well JJ never got his career off the ground @ Boston.

E'twaun never got his going until he left Boston.

Hope its different for CE, just really hate the franchise/town
Totally opposite feeling here. Love the Celtics and Beantown is a great city. I’ll absolutely attend a few games next year.

Well JJ never got his career off the ground @ Boston.

E'twaun never got his going until he left Boston.

Hope its different for CE, just really hate the franchise/town

Doc Rivers really liked E'Twaun Moore, IIRC.....I think it was just not the right opportunity at the time with that Celtics roster....JaJuan Johnson was just too inconsistent, and I think they also had Sullinger at the time.

E'Twaun Moore has made the most of his eventual opportunities (with Chicago and New Orleans, particularly).....here's hoping that Carsen Edwards and Caleb Swanigan, and the others to follow will do as well.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
just hoping they give carsen a real opportunity to play. swanigan is still not getting a chance and jj never did. will be interesting to see if romeo can make it , as i have my doubts he is nba material.

A couple surprises from last night:

Tyler Cook and Louis King not drafted. Risky decision but I guess they are going to try going the G League or overseas route. Tough for them to make the NBA now.

Bol Bol falls to second round. Injury really hurt him I guess. It didn’t hurt D Garland though.

Dort not getting drafted was a huge surprise, although I don't know that much about his game. He was projected in the same area as Carsen. I was surprised Shamorie Ponds didn't get picked.

Little and especially Bol dropped a ton. Cam Johnson was picked way high, as was Poole.

With all the early entrants, we knew this was going to happen. There were just too many guys fighting for 60 spots, many to teams that didn't even want to make a pick considering how many trades there were. Why the Lakers didn't try to trade into the 2nd round multiple times just to fill their roster with small contracts confuses me.

Not overly impressed with the Celtics use of 4 picks. You can bet at least one of the three guards will be gone when the season opens.

Celtics are very much a team in transition.
Irving and Horford will be gone.
Tatum will most likely be the go to guy.
And their not a very patient team. If I were Romeo and Carson I'd rent..
Both will probably be traded within 4 year's or less

Reactions: DannyGranger
A couple surprises from last night:

Tyler Cook and Louis King not drafted. Risky decision but I guess they are going to try going the G League or overseas route. Tough for them to make the NBA now.

Bol Bol falls to second round. Injury really hurt him I guess. It didn’t hurt D Garland though.

Duke with three top-10 picks

College teammates taken in the top 3 (that's only happened a few times '69, '02, 04, '12, and '14, IIRC)

ACC with 6 lottery picks

Little falling to Portland could be huge....if Nurkic comes back fully recovered, I could see Portland having a real shot at winning the Western Conference, especially with Golden State's injury situation.

That's the most I've watched of the NBA Draft in eons (and I still tuned out a lot and flipped channels), and I know I'm getting toward curmudeon status, but the suits just get worse each year from my view. Although, Ja Morant's father was stylin with the hat.....that was a good story.....looking for big things from him.

Reactions: TX4GB
The difference is Carsen is a bulldog and will make Boston play him. JJ didn't have the same mentality that Carsen has and it has hindered his growth in basketball. I really feel Carsen will be in the league for many years.

Amir Coffey not drafted? Isaiah Robbie 45, Bruno Fernando 34, Brazdeikis 47, Charles Mathews no go and Nick Ward gets to be on a summer league. Yet people re complaining Edwards was 33. I am proud of the kid

I don't know that complaining is the right word. Signs were starting to point to the idea that he might go in the 20s, but it didn't happen because of some reaches and certain teams not having certain needs.

Matthews tore his ACL in workouts. Not a surprise he didn't go. Tough break for a good kid.

Reactions: beenther1s
Is it up to the individual teams to decide if a 2nd round pick gets a guaranteed contact?

If Carsen can just get over that initial rookie year "hump" I could see him having a nice, serviceable journey-man career.

Is it up to the individual teams to decide if a 2nd round pick gets a guaranteed contact?

If Carsen can just get over that initial rookie year "hump" I could see him having a nice, serviceable journey-man career.

Yes.....IIRC, AJ Hammons had guaranteed money in his rookie deal with the Mavericks.

I like C-Boogie's chances......he's a fighter and doesn't back down - he'll get his shot to find a role.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT