ADVERTISEMENT

Boilers up 27-15

Carsen is not going to be shy about putting it up. I'm ok with that, go get em kid!!

I'm ok with it too on this team. All of our other guards are more passive scorers who just wait for the open shot to come to them. We need a guard that will look for their shots more aggressively at times too. I just think it will fall on Painter to balance that out. When the offense is in a good flow and people are sharing the ball and we are scoring well I might be hesitant to put him into the game as often or for as long. When the offense bogs down and we aren't finding good shots in it, he'd be in the game immediately. I think it will be a balancing act much of the year until he learns to use his aggressiveness to set up others as well.

C. Edwards can show them, but that doesn't mean they'll be able to do what he does. He's just more talented (in the sense of his quickness and overall athleticism combined with his skillset).

I will say that Thompson seems to be playing as well or maybe even a little better than he did overall last season (just based off the open scrimmage and these first two games in Spain). Mathias will always be able to do a good job of facilitating, even if his shot is off and V. Edwards plays with many guard-like qualities and is able to play as a 2 on offense at times. If he could get his dribble tightened up against pressure and when attacking, he would be even better than he is already and he's already very good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT