ADVERTISEMENT

Boiler fans from an IU grad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizzlepizzle

Senior
Apr 19, 2004
Heck of a comeback. I really hope that these two get a rematch in Indy. It is a crime they only play once (you probably win in Mackey).

You probably think this is shallow to come here and say this after winning but this game deserved much better reffing. TV Teddy exceeded his name for both teams and I swear there was a point where he made at least 10 straight calls which makes the other officials feel useless unless they start making emphatic calls.

This game deserved better. AJ had a great start and it looked like two great seniors going at it between AJ and Yogi but the public was denied. So basically I know you are pissed in the loss, but let's hope for a rematch. This was too good for just one game and I would love to see how these teams adjust to round two in a tourney setting.

Best of luck the rest of the way. And get shots for Edwards. I was so scared for him and I should have been but there were 5 min left. Dude is a stud.

Heck of a comeback. I really hope that these two get a rematch in Indy. It is a crime they only play once (you probably win in Mackey).

You probably think this is shallow to come here and say this after winning but this game deserved much better reffing. TV Teddy exceeded his name for both teams and I swear there was a point where he made at least 10 straight calls which makes the other officials feel useless unless they start making emphatic calls.

This game deserved better. AJ had a great start and it looked like two great seniors going at it between AJ and Yogi but the public was denied. So basically I know you are pissed in the loss, but let's hope for a rematch. This was too good for just one game and I would love to see how these teams adjust to round two in a tourney setting.

Best of luck the rest of the way. And get shots for Edwards. I was so scared for him and I should have been but there were 5 min left. Dude is a stud.
Thanks for the intelligent post.IU deserved the win but I wonder what would have happened if Hammons played more than 16 minutes.Maybe we will see a rematch in the Big Ten tournament.As far as Im concerned ,you can post here anytime.

Not pissed at all. I mean, it sucks losing to a hated rival, but expecting a win tonight was irrational. This team plays unispired ball for long stretches of every game. Tonight was no different, and we were never winning this game that way. The Bielfeldt flop and goaltend were terrible calls that hurt alot, but Purdue did not deserve to win the game, and IU did. The outcome was appropriate.

Reactions: mathboy
Not pissed at all. I mean, it sucks losing to a hated rival, but expecting a win tonight was irrational. This team plays unispired ball for long stretches of every game. Tonight was no different, and we were never winning this game that way. The Bielfeldt flop and goaltend were terrible calls that hurt alot, but Purdue did not deserve to win the game, and IU did. The outcome was appropriate.
Yes those two calls and about 40 others come to mind. We got totally homered, then teddied, then screwed over royally, it was a zebra-fest of the worst proportion imaginable. I can't believe what I saw. Indiana is just a terrible team top to bottom, and to lose to those Crean-enabled chest-thumpers was unfathomable.

My opinion, Haas was better than Hammons tonight. To me the difference was IU getting wide open 3 point shots much of the night and to their credit, hitting a lot of them. We don't guard the arc well. IU was hounding our guys even knowing we don't shoot the 3 as well as our inside game I actually liked the way they defended the 3 better than us. Good rally but not enough.

Reactions: Boilers1975

Thanks for your kind post and thoughtful gestures. That really makes about 1 percent of our fan-base feel better. You know and we know the Assembly-CALLS were out in full force tonight. It was a total joke. IU should be ashamed they got the win after what we saw tonight, just incredible that it continues to happen from time to time. There was a small stretch where the refs let'em play and called the appropriate fouls on IU, oh and guess when that was? Yea, it was during our comeback, then Valentine happened again, and again, and again. What a farce. IU should not even be ranked and I'm sure you agree. You seem like a reasonable guy who cares about honest officiating. You have to agree it was awful and would want to make any Purdue fan puke his or her guts out right there in front of the TV with the family, at a bar, at Assembly Hall, or listening to Cliz and company on the radio. Cliz had it right, the goaltending was the last card that made the house fall. Oh, and wait till we see you in your first game in Indy for the B1G tourney after your double-bye. It will be bye-bye if you play us (which it looks like that's the way it's shaping up) Thats the only double-bye that matters. Purdue fans saying BYE-BYE to IU in the B1G Tournament. Adios Amigos.

Thanks for your kind post and thoughtful gestures. That really makes about 1 percent of our fan-base feel better. You know and we know the Assembly-CALLS were out in full force tonight. It was a total joke. IU should be ashamed they got the win after what we saw tonight, just incredible that it continues to happen from time to time. There was a small stretch where the refs let'em play and called the appropriate fouls on IU, oh and guess when that was? Yea, it was during our comeback, then Valentine happened again, and again, and again. What a farce. IU should not even be ranked and I'm sure you agree. You seem like a reasonable guy who cares about honest officiating. You have to agree it was awful and would want to make any Purdue fan puke his or her guts out right there in front of the TV with the family, at a bar, at Assembly Hall, or listening to Cliz and company on the radio. Cliz had it right, the goaltending was the last card that made the house fall.

We really came for that ass tonight

Thanks for the intelligent post.IU deserved the win but I wonder what would have happened if Hammons played more than 16 minutes.Maybe we will see a rematch in the Big Ten tournament.As far as Im concerned ,you can post here anytime.

Thanks. Some on both sides are reasonable. I do think IU was better tonight because we got you out of your game. The best thing was Max was getting a foul because starting Max and Bryant was dumb. We can't play your game but Hartman came in after AJ dominated (that fadeaway was rediculous) and went to how IU really plays. I think you would be better off with Mathias and Edwards allowed to work but it is hard with two players always in the paint. I think you would be better off going small at least 15 mpg with Edwards and Mathias in and Cline spotting up and AJ running the middle.

No one asked for your approval to post here. I will do exactly what I want.

I hope your child posted this and it's not you. You crybaby bitch. Purdue is terrible. Not even in the top half of big ten. You are down there with Nebraska and northwestern. By the way you won the foul calls tonight. Homered?
Well, i don't think we won the foul calls? you mean the # of fouls called favored Purdue? Ha, I doubt that very much. You know and I know that Purdue being down there in 7th or 8th is just a short-term thing and Wisconsin got lucky with a few wins in a row and we just got unlucky with just a couple games we got homered in like tonight and like against Illinois (totally homered), and home vs. Iowa (terrible officiating that night), so yea....... we did not win the foul calls tonight, YOU DID, and you and your troll hoosiers buddies can just log off and go away.

My opinion, Haas was better than Hammons tonight. To me the difference was IU getting wide open 3 point shots much of the night and to their credit, hitting a lot of them. We don't guard the arc well. IU was hounding our guys even knowing we don't shoot the 3 as well as our inside game I actually liked the way they defended the 3 better than us. Good rally but not enough.

Purdue really needs to stop the hedging on defense, collapsing the lane on defense, and letting good three point shooters, take an in rhythm, set, facing the basket three point shot. Keep AJH under basket as much as possible. If he has to leave to guard a big that can hit an outside shot so be it.

Letting a good three point shooter be wide open, get set, face basket, and shoot in rhythm is a recipe for disaster. Guys hit at 35-45%, but leave that wide open, they hit that shot 65%

Well, i don't think we won the foul calls? you mean the # of fouls called favored Purdue? Ha, I doubt that very much. You know and I know that Purdue being down there in 7th or 8th is just a short-term thing and Wisconsin got lucky with a few wins in a row and we just got unlucky with just a couple games we got homered in like tonight and like against Illinois (totally homered), and home vs. Iowa (terrible officiating that night), so yea....... we did not win the foul calls tonight, YOU DID, and you and your troll hoosiers buddies can just log off and go away.
I wasn't asking. It's fact. More fouls called on IU. Can't argue facts dummy.

Round 2 of that ass would be delightful in big ten tournament. But we'll have some new excuses right? The ref excuse is just flat out old. The refs didn't bury threes on you chumps. It was the players.
Exactly, we will kill them when we see them in the B1G tourney. It will be a blood-letting of the worst proportion, pay back is a itch. And also, it was KARMA tonight that Robert Johnson got hurt and is out for the year, LOL, ROTFL, because after the phantom calls and the fact Crean didn't call a time-out when we were only down 1, caused his player Johnson to go down with that torn ligament, KARMA BABY, deserved it all the way. Oh and by the way......Good luck to IU down the stretch,,,,let's just say they will get CREANED.

I wonder if Jared Fogle was able to watch the game from his prison cell? IU's finest.

I've seen worse officiating at IU, but I will say one amusing call tonight was in the 1st half with a Purdue guy driving down the lane and Yogi jumping in his way (both of his feet in the AIR).....charging foul on Purdue. We all know home teams tend to get some favorable calls but it's worse in Bloomington IN than anywhere else in the country. Tonight was almost OK. But Purdue guys were getting hacked the whole game. Not a lot of calls. The worst officiating game I've seen at IU was against Iowa about 15-20 years ago. IU shot something close to 40 free throws to Iowa's 6 or 7.

I've seen worse officiating at IU, but I will say one amusing call tonight was in the 1st half with a Purdue guy driving down the lane and Yogi jumping in his way (both of his feet in the AIR).....charging foul on Purdue. We all know home teams tend to get some favorable calls but it's worse in Bloomington IN than anywhere else in the country. Tonight was almost OK. But Purdue guys were getting hacked the whole game. Not a lot of calls. The worst officiating game I've seen at IU was against Iowa about 15-20 years ago. IU shot something close to 40 free throws to Iowa's 6 or 7.
Dry your eyes. It's over. You lost. Better team won.

Sorry guys. Didn't know it would turn nasty. Thought it would be a good discussion.
Don't get confused about who is posting what. We have a couple Trolls who are baiting posters. Just ignore them and they will eventually go away.

You post is welcome here, and your intelligent posts are worth having on this board. Thanks for dropping by.

:cool:

Reactions: Inspector100
Thanks for your kind post and thoughtful gestures. That really makes about 1 percent of our fan-base feel better. You know and we know the Assembly-CALLS were out in full force tonight. It was a total joke. IU should be ashamed they got the win after what we saw tonight, just incredible that it continues to happen from time to time. There was a small stretch where the refs let'em play and called the appropriate fouls on IU, oh and guess when that was? Yea, it was during our comeback, then Valentine happened again, and again, and again. What a farce. IU should not even be ranked and I'm sure you agree. You seem like a reasonable guy who cares about honest officiating. You have to agree it was awful and would want to make any Purdue fan puke his or her guts out right there in front of the TV with the family, at a bar, at Assembly Hall, or listening to Cliz and company on the radio. Cliz had it right, the goaltending was the last card that made the house fall. Oh, and wait till we see you in your first game in Indy for the B1G tourney after your double-bye. It will be bye-bye if you play us (which it looks like that's the way it's shaping up) Thats the only double-bye that matters. Purdue fans saying BYE-BYE to IU in the B1G Tournament. Adios Amigos.
Hey, Honey Baby, PU shot more free throws than IU did. PU's defense forced FOUR turnovers, and that is why IU won.

Last edited:
Exactly, we will kill them when we see them in the B1G tourney. It will be a blood-letting of the worst proportion, pay back is a itch. And also, it was KARMA tonight that Robert Johnson got hurt and is out for the year, LOL, ROTFL, because after the phantom calls and the fact Crean didn't call a time-out when we were only down 1, caused his player Johnson to go down with that torn ligament, KARMA BABY, deserved it all the way. Oh and by the way......Good luck to IU down the stretch,,,,let's just say they will get CREANED.

As a true Boiler I am ashamed to call you a fan of Purdue. No one wishes a young man injury. I hope you are wrong. The OPs post was decent. Maybe not the best timing for a post here but still a decent post. Honey you are my first and only person I will put on ignore.

Reactions: mathboy and IUHDog
As a true Boiler I am ashamed to call you a fan of Purdue. No one wishes a young man injury. I hope you are wrong. The OPs post was decent. Maybe not the best timing for a post here but still a decent post. Honey you are my first and only person I will put on ignore.
It's your prerogative to put me on whatever you desire. However, Karma is a _itch.

Well retard, you tell me which number is higher, 16 or 13?
Retard? How old are you? Grow up, your name suits you well. I am talking about the fouls that were called down the stretch with 4 minutes to go, not the total number of fouls (that number is skewed). Since you don't know math, I can assure everyone on this board that #1, you don't know how to do math very well (which means you didn't go to Purdue or you didn't graduate), #2, you don't know what skewed means and thus I am talking over your high school diploma or GED head).

I've read a lot of posts on this board, but this is the first time I have ever read a post celebrating an injury to a player on the other team. I would hope the mods would consider suspending the posting privileges of honey_badger......a sorry excuse of a fan, and a human being, regardless of the team for which he roots.

Last edited:
Reactions: 70boiler
I've read a lot of posts on this board, but this is the first time I have ever read a post celebrating an injury to a player on the other team. I would hope the mods would consider suspending the posting privileges of honey_badger......a sorry excuse of a fan, and a human being, regardless of the team for which he roots.

Clearly badger doesn't actually understand what karma is if he is cheering for injuries. And unfortunately he won't be banned as he is one of the four remaining people in existence that think Painter is a great coach.

I'm not remotely convinced Honey Badger is a Purdue fan. His post count is low and his posts are so over the top, it appears he's an imposter trying to make Purdue fans look bad.

I don't wish injuries on players, i never said that. I said it was Karma. Karma is a much different thing. Don't try to put words in my mouth. I am just a big of fan as you are for whatever team it is that you root for. There are times when (in the heat of a loss), I say things out of anger for or against whatever team it is that you root for, and that is what I am feeling at that particular time. Don't pigeon hole me into a category of your liking when you don't know me or have not met me. After 24 to 48 hours, people do come back down from the euphoria or the doldrums felt immediately after a game of such magnitude. Having said that, I realize that could have been taken the wrong way and as a wish for Robert Johnson to be hurt, which i never indented, and for that , I am sorry.

I don't wish injuries on players, i never said that. I said it was Karma. Karma is a much different thing. Don't try to put words in my mouth. I am just a big of fan as you are for whatever team it is that you root for. There are times when (in the heat of a loss), I say things out of anger for or against whatever team it is that you root for, and that is what I am feeling at that particular time. Don't pigeon hole me into a category of your liking when you don't know me or have not met me. After 24 to 48 hours, people do come back down from the euphoria or the doldrums felt immediately after a game of such magnitude. Having said that, I realize that could have been taking the wrong way and as a wish for Robert Johnson to be hurt, which i never indented, and for that , I am sorry.

Win or lose I wish Purdue played IU home and home every year...and added Butler to the schedule as well...

Reactions: BandofBoilers
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT