ADVERTISEMENT

Bobinski?

punaj

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Liberty, KY
I think I remember some hype when he was hired, but can't recall. Is he more of a football guy or a basketball guy?

I think traditionally more of a basketball guy but doesn't mean he doesn't understand the importance of a winning football program. He and Daniels both echoed the statement that a winning culture is important and helps the entire AD.

Reactions: punaj
Basketball. That said, he hired Mack @ X.

He also hired Josh Pastner @ GT before he left.....which even though Pastner's star was fading at Memphis, Tech is the perfect spot for him. Pastner is a great recruiter and Atlanta is a top talent area for Basketball. If he could lock down the metro area, Tech's abysmal 5-6 years of basketball goes away in a hurry. Pastner is a terrible Xs and Os coach but without talent in the ACC you're not even in the conversation. They'll at least fix that part with Pastner there.

I HOPE that Bobinski does his due diligence here. Its likely his only major hire for the next 3-4 years, and if he's picking again in 3-4 years he likely picked wrong. Rushing out and hiring Les Miles for anything more than a short term, low $ contract would be silly. The demand for Miles will be VERY low once the coaching carousel starts spinning. More credible rumors have him linked to the Houston job once Herman moves on. I see that as a much more likely landing spot for him than here. While his resume is impressive I think it's clear to see from his recent body of work that his star has faded. He will not be getting calls from Texas, USCw, ND or other "Elite" programs when those jobs open up. Sure, he has ties here in the MW and his butt buddy Cam is an Indiana guy, but Leslie loves Michigan so much he wouldn't dare want to coach against them at any point.

Reactions: punaj
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT