ADVERTISEMENT

Blough starts v Nebraska. Right?

Isn’t this what CJB wants, get something out of nothing if the receivers are locked down in Man coverage, get 5 yards or something positive out of it, just keep moving the chains, this applies to any Purdue QB

Reactions: Bippus33
They both play a little tentatively. It's gotta be hard wondering if you will get one series, one half or play the entire game. I'm not a fan of the two QB system. Hopefully Brohm gets the guy he wants in his system sooner rather than later.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
They both play a little tentatively. It's gotta be hard wondering if you will get one series, one half or play the entire game. I'm not a fan of the two QB system. Hopefully Brohm gets the guy he wants in his system sooner rather than later.
As soon as one of them stops making boneheaded throws and locking onto receivers, that QB will get the snaps.

Since Sparks in already playing WR and we have seen him at QB once or twice, it would be nice to see him back there a few more snaps. I know that is basically the opposite of what I said above, but the QB position has left a lot to be desired the last few weeks.

If CJB were coaching New Orleans last Sunday, he’d likely have benched Brees after his second pick early in the game. Instead, Brees help bring the team back to beat GB in GB. I think CJB has to balance firm yet patience to let QB get into the groove.
Experience in coaching will likely develope that trait.

If CJB were coaching New Orleans last Sunday, he’d likely have benched Brees after his second pick early in the game. Instead, Brees help bring the team back to beat GB in GB. I think CJB has to balance firm yet patience to let QB get into the groove.
I’m sure Brohm must have that instinct that a former QB feels when it’s time to change

This is a really good comparison.

One is a world class QB with a track record of success at both the collegiate and professional level.

The other is a guy who isn’t any of those things.

Reactions: spradecki

CJB might bench brees if he had a qb his equal on the bench. he doesn't.

I think both of you forget Brees got picked his fair share in college and Tiller was patient enough to trust him. I was at both the Brees to Morales game of 3 INT and and his 83 attempts/55 completions and 4 INT vs WI. OSU game was a heck of a win and WI was a heartbreaking loss his Soph year. I’m sure Tiller was frustrated, but didn’t yank him. He coached him thru it. CJB should do the same. That is all.

Reactions: BoilerBulldog
I think both of you forget Brees got picked his fair share in college and Tiller was patient enough to trust him. I was at both the Brees to Morales game of 3 INT and and his 83 attempts/55 completions and 4 INT vs WI. OSU game was a heck of a win and WI was a heartbreaking loss his Soph year. I’m sure Tiller was frustrated, but didn’t yank him. He coached him thru it. CJB should do the same. That is all.

I remember it just fine.

Even as a sophomore throwing 20 picks Brees completed 63.4% of his passes for almost 4000 yards, 39 TDs and a 137 QB rating. People are crowing about Blough’s 43 career TDs when Brees threw 39 in one year.

Tiller coached through it because it was plainly obvious that Brees had it. If Brohm has a guy like Brees he would coach through it as well. Brohm doesn’t have that guy.

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
Tillers teams could win a shootout. Brohms team has a much smaller margin of error.

Tiller did get antsy at times swapping Orton and Kirsch for awhile there.

And I don’t think anyone is seriously saying Blough is Brees 2.0. It’s just his short leash is hurting his confidence. That’s all.

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
Tiller did get antsy at times swapping Orton and Kirsch for awhile there.

And I don’t think anyone is seriously saying Blough is Brees 2.0. It’s just his short leash is hurting his confidence. That’s all.
100% agree on short leash and confidence. Also, I’m not eluding that Blough is Brees part II either. Coach and player need to work thru it together without jerking the leash. That is all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT