ADVERTISEMENT

Big Lineup shakeup for tonights game

Michigan 80, Purdue 59...... UM made effective halftime adjustments, Purdue, not so much..... final rebounding battle 33 UM, Purdue 20 TOs UM 13 Purdue 14.... cannot give a ranked team 14 extra possessions and have much hope of winning.

Reactions: 84boiler and DocRon
Purdue looked terrible, that my friends was an embarrassment. Team lacks athleticism, was hoping the team could make the tourney, after watching that it looks like another year of NIT hoops. Terry the last two games has scored 6 points, she’s a 4 year Big Ten player, put the ball in the hole on occasion.

After the game, Gearlds said Purdue needs to "find their identity at the start of games" as the reason Petree did not start.

Reactions: MichaelRR
After the game, Gearlds said Purdue needs to "find their identity at the start of games" as the reason Petree did not start.

Yeah I just finished watching the presser. Thanks for asking the question - I thought the answer was odd. CKG seemed a little despondent despite her words to the contrary. I sense fatigue, frustration, even a little anger - the vibes this year have lost some of the energy of last year.

The players in the post/game conf (Layden and Smith) were flat as well. I’m sure it’s hard to face questions after that game. They tried to say positive things - but were unconvincing. Something just isn’t clicking this year like it was last year.

Yeah I just finished watching the presser. Thanks for asking the question - I thought the answer was odd. CKG seemed a little despondent despite her words to the contrary. I sense fatigue, frustration, even a little anger - the vibes this year have lost some of the energy of last year.

The players in the post/game conf (Layden and Smith) were flat as well. I’m sure it’s hard to face questions after that game. They tried to say positive things - but were unconvincing. Something just isn’t clicking this year like it was last year.
I’m concerned we haven’t “found our identity” at this point in the season. So many other teams are clicking. I want to see KG be successful but this is what I said when she was hired-this is a risk. Just because you played B1G basketball, doesn’t mean you can coach it. She doesn’t have a lot of experience. KG just seems young and ill equipped maybe not with basketball x’s & o’s, but with the handling of her personnel. Coaching is more than her “LFG” tweets and “Let’s Ride Ya’ll” antics. I really hope she can turn things around but her pressers leave a lot to be desired.

Reactions: MichaelRR

KG needs to audit all those communications courses she took in college again, she hit more "ums" in that interview than her team did baskets the whole game..... it was painful listening to her complete lack of polish and public speaking ability for someone that is being put forth as an ad for the communications degree as a "plus one" There were a couple of other jabs thrown out that seemed aimed at Petree and Hardin......

This team can be agonizing to watch. If we play our best game we can compete with better teams, but we rarely play our best game. If Layden hadn't been on target, Michigan may have doubled the score on us. Not that it mattered, but the refs added to it by calling everything Michigan's way. The charge running down the court where the Michigan player stepped/flopped in front of Woltman was really bad. If the drama alluded to behind the scenes is true, then it may be a long second-half of the season I think. Just my take.

Last edited:
I do need to give KG props for one thing, she had stated after the PSU game that players had not followed the game plan. I stated then that if she did not change the player rotations in the next game to reflect who was guilty of said offense I would not believe it had really been the issue. Well, her actions to start the UMich game backed up her words, and for that I will definitely give her props.

ADVERTISEMENT